Karli

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Tawanda » April 9th, 2007, 3:23 pm

Karli, it sounds like you are learning so much about yourself and being proactive about not giving into eating to soothe emotions. :D Be so very proud of yourself for making wise choices at these times.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby 2getskinny » April 9th, 2007, 3:53 pm

Karli you are doing so well! You are doing what you need to do for You and I think that is wonderful! :)
2getskinny
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karli » April 10th, 2007, 10:51 am

Thanks for the support, you two !! Well, yesterday did indeed go well, and it went SO well, as a matter of fact, that I could afford to have one of my favorite treats. That was fun !

Today is also going well. Right now, my sense of nutrition and balancing that with my activities and daily lifestyle is like a game of multi-dimensional tetris or something... it's a puzzle that I am actually having *a lot* of fun with !

Some of my favorite foods that I have found to really suit my needs are (and remember, I am not strictly 5/1) :

--Mozzarella Fresca

--A meatless sausage style thingy (I put in my "better n' eggs")

--Better n' eggs (or some kind of shell egg alternative)

--Low carb tortilla

--A lower carb, higher protein, sliced wheat bread

--Soyflour pancakes with ICBINB, strawberries, yogurt and SF syrup (they taste a little funny on their own, though) -- only in conjunction with a decent-sized workout

--Smoothie w/ a MF 70 shake packet, choco soymilk, half a banana, and 1 T of PB -- only in conjunction with a decent-sized workout

--MF oatmeal w/ half a banana (frozen), cinnamon, yogurt, and SF syrup (a very yummy post-workout meal)

So, I am not writing these out to taunt you all, but I think it might be useful info for people at some point (if not now). And, besides, it's my journal, so I get to write about things I am excited over right now :mrgreen:.

Cheers !
Karli
Last edited by Karli on April 10th, 2007, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 10th, 2007, 11:08 am

My husband is a vegetarian and those are some of his favorite foods too. He loves the healthy breads, meatless sausage, and fresh mozz balls!~
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » April 11th, 2007, 4:37 pm

Karli - it's great to hear that everything is going so well for you. A couple of years ago I found an old favorite of mine - bike riding. During the warmer weather months you will find me biking 10 miles about 3-5 times per week. It is so wonderful. I have such a feeling of freedom on my bike. Last summer it was more difficult because of my weight gain - but I am so looking forward to it this year. My hubby even asked me last week if I wanted him to take down my bike - too soon yet - as a matter of fact we had snow today - about 6 inches. Yuck!! What happened to the great weather we had at the end of March. Congrats Karli!!
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Karli » April 13th, 2007, 10:59 am

I'm watching ya'll :mrgreen:

Karli

Postby nickieluv » April 13th, 2007, 11:48 am

Karli;

When was your avatar pic taken? Because I see a lot of differences between then and now!

Hope you're still having fun livin' it up! :mrgreen:
nickieluv

Postby Karli » April 13th, 2007, 12:16 pm

Yeah, that avatar pic was taken just before I started working out like crazy :-P. But, also, I have had my hair cut since then, too, so it's taken the hair off my neck, plus, minus the scarf, and suddenly my neck looks pretty thin. Also, the angle of my face is different in the two pics, too. I actually was never very thrilled about that avatar pic, but I decided to keep it to remind myself that a bad pic is not the end of me anymore ... it's just a bad pic :-P. That's my story and I am sticking with it :mrgreen:.

But, okay, I was at 162 before I started working out, and people said "NO MORE LOSING WEIGHT !! PROMISE ME !!" and I smiled and nodded saying "yes, okay" :-P. Then, I started working out, gained 5-7 pounds (not all because of working out, though :oops:) and people said "HEY !! We said no more losing weight and I thought you promised not to ! Thus far and NO FURTHER" ... LOL. But, I WASN'T losing more weight, it just looked like it since I started toning up (I guess :dunno:).

Anyway, all of that to say that yes, there may actually be a difference :-P.

So, yeah, I am still having fun livin' it up, but, I have to reel it in a little bit, too. I have been struggling a bit with eating in this past week, and have found myself actually *craving* more MF food in my diet. My fallback plan is always to stop working out and do the 5/1 for a few days or a week (if I felt I needed that), but I am not ready for that right now.

Ideally, I would like to be around 162, I think, but that stupid thing of me tripping myself up when I get close to my goal weight (165) keeps assuring me I will not get where I am trying to go. So, I am staying off the scale for awhile, since those particular numbers tend to do me in.

One of the things that was majorly stressing me out has now resolved, and it was in an unexpected way, to tell you the truth. I have mixed feelings about it, but have learned some really important lessons. Pretty vague, I think, but, I am vague sometimes :-P. In the meantime, I am working my little (:mrgreen:) hiney off trying to get some things back into order for myself.

It's funny, sometimes I don't realize that things are falling apart simply because I need to make a new adjustment to include some new aspect of my life in my organization and schedule. So, instead of wasting time trying to get my schedule back to what it was, I need to adjust it to include something that may even have felt like it was throwing my former schedule off balance.

Anyway, I will cut myself off now and get outdoors for my hike with doggy. PLUS, today I am taking two of my little girls (students) out for dessert (they will have it, I will not :-P). I am really looking forward to that !!

Cheers,
Karli
Karli

Postby JonnaD » April 13th, 2007, 1:00 pm

I really like your picture, Karli.

Hope you enjoy your outings. :D
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD

Postby nickieluv » April 13th, 2007, 3:56 pm

Karli wrote:It's funny, sometimes I don't realize that things are falling apart simply because I need to make a new adjustment to include some new aspect of my life in my organization and schedule. So, instead of wasting time trying to get my schedule back to what it was, I need to adjust it to include something that may even have felt like it was throwing my former schedule off balance.

That sounds very profound to me. I need to ponder it. Kind of like changing your point of view, a paradigm shift, thinking outside the box - all those nasty cliches, however, I can't think of a more 'real' way to put what I am reflecting on right now.

BTW - it hit me when I came back to your journal just now - the new pic makes you look like Ashley Judd to me. And for the record, I really liked your avatar pic - but I like this one better, just the same. :D
nickieluv

Postby SuzyQ66 » April 16th, 2007, 4:37 pm

Karli you always amaze me with how intuned you are with yourself. I know you claim at times you are not - but you really seem to be by me.

The new picture is really cute. I also like the old one - both are beautiful. Keep up the good work. That working out stuff is so hard to get right. I did more of it this past week and only lost .5 pounds. I am thinking it's because of the exercise - I will slow down a little this week b/c yesterday and today I felt pretty weak.

Have a great week!!
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby SuzyQ66 » April 20th, 2007, 1:47 pm

Hey Karli - where are you??
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby bikipatra » April 20th, 2007, 2:05 pm

Paging Karli Karl. STAT!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Karli » April 20th, 2007, 3:26 pm

Oh, hee hee. I thought I could just disappear and lurk :-P. Well, I am kinda in the same old place. I let myself get to 165.5 (yesterday) or something like that and then mess myself up a bit. I don't know what the deal is, exactly, but it keeps being the case. It's like I have this "thing" with reaching and then going below 165 -- what's the deal I wonder ? If I really want to get below it, I should probably change my ticker AGAIN (consider it done), to psyche myself out.

I am not overly concerned about it because I am pretty comfortable where I am at, though I get pretty uncomfortable if I start creeping near 170 (which can happen fairly quickly if I let it :roll:). I have been all over the place eating-wise, though I have also made a lot of really, really good decisions and I have never stuffed myself since ... I don't know when, so that's good. I am learning through all of it, and I do enjoy the learning process, but I would like things to mentally and emotionally even out a little more for myself, I think.

I will be doing my 60 mile bike-ride this weekend with the hubby and our friends, and that will be an adventure ! Monday is my 31st B-day, and so I have a number of things on my mind in thinking about that. I had formerly made it a goal to be in the best shape of my life by my 30th B-day, and as it turns out, I wasn't there BY then, but the year of my 30th was the year I took to get myself somewhere in the ballpark, at least.

I took this week off of working out. I needed the break and I have been hoping that it will actually help my sleeping schedule get a little more back on track. It's been weeks now since that's been off more than on. I plan to hit the gym and various activities starting on Monday (the day after the 60 miler).

Other than that, not much to say I guess. I have loads of stuff going on internally, LOADS :shock:, but it's just all IN there and not wanting to come out yet. So, I have to just be patient, I guess :-P.

In the meantime, I read about you all and though I don't post, I like to keep up (as best I can) with what's going on with all of your journies !! I still come here every single day, more times each day than I care to count.

Cheers, and thanks for checking in !
Karli
Karli

Postby Tawanda » April 20th, 2007, 4:54 pm

I was thinking this morning that I needed to find Karli's journal and put out an APB for her. :D Great minds think alike, etc.........glad you checked in!! I hope the bike ride goes well.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal