Karli

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby nickieluv » February 1st, 2007, 9:23 am

Hi Karli;

I'm being bad today and posting at work - naughty naughty! - but I just wanted to say hello and see how you're doing today. I have appreciated your cheers in my journal, thank you. Oddly, this has felt like the longest week ever - I swear it should be Saturday by now, not only Thursday. Ugh. :)

I have a long day of music ahead so perhaps we will be kindred spirits today - keeping busy and keeping on track. I hope you're feeling great!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karli » February 1st, 2007, 10:27 am

Hi, Nickie, thanks for stopping by :). I have actually been sick for the past few days and trying like mad to treat myself well since I have to be able to sing my guts out in concert in about a week :shock:. I am kind of nervous about really getting back on my feet by then. Yesterday I dragged myself through my teaching day and had to suck down SF lozanges, which I am nervous may have some kind of carb content (it doesn't have nutritional content on the package), but I have decided that I don't want to know if it does.

But anyway, other than that things have been just fine. The program has been good, and I am still not weighing in. Just feeling like sticking with habits and not poundages :-P.

Speaking of which, plan for the day :

5:30 -- RTD
8:30 -- Bar
11:30 -- L/G
2:30 -- Soup
5:30 -- RTD
8:30 -- RTD or shake
Last edited by Karli on February 1st, 2007, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » February 1st, 2007, 10:31 am

Sorry you have been sick! Hope you sing well!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Karli » February 1st, 2007, 11:01 am

Thanks, Biki :). I also hope that I sing well :-P.

Well, I decided that in-line with wanting to treat myself well, I would write down some things I have been thinking about lately with regard to my eating. First of all, in working to find my identity in someone who is both (or *will be*both) skinny AND healthy, I realized who I will be... I will just be me :-P. Things will be a little different, but I will still just be me (without the general loathing of my fat rolls).

Also, in realizing my rebellious side, I have made a new mantra for myself :

If I simply must rebel, I will rebel against the rebel.

And, along the just plain eating side of life, I have been thinking about going vegan again (with adventures in fish :mrgreen:). Sometimes that just appeals to me. Easy to digest, fun to be creative with, so on and so forth. We'll see though :-P. I suppose I could already start veganism again right now (at least in my L/Gs) if I wanted to. Bocca burger and veggies for L/G, maybe. Along those lines, I found some really cool tofu noodles. I am really excited to try them out sometime.

Anyhoo, just some random ramblings.
Karli

Postby Karli » February 2nd, 2007, 8:42 am

Another great day :).

7 -- oatmeal
10 -- eggs
1 -- bar
4 -- soup
6 -- L/G
9 -- hot cocoa
Karli

Postby bikipatra » February 2nd, 2007, 8:43 am

Karli wrote:Another great day :).

7 -- oatmeal
10 -- eggs
1 -- bar
4 -- soup
6 -- L/G
9 -- hot cocoa

That is wonderful to hear!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Karli » February 3rd, 2007, 10:44 am

Thanks Biki girl :).

Okay :

7:30 -- hot cocoa
10:30 -- bar
1 -- soup
4 -- shake
6 -- L/G
9 -- pudding
Karli

Postby Mike » February 3rd, 2007, 10:43 pm

Karli wrote:I have actually been sick for the past few days and trying like mad to treat myself well since I have to be able to sing my guts out in concert in about a week

You didn't eat at Sergio's did you? :shock:

As you are aware I am sure.... a bunch of us got Norovirus from eating there last Sunday :x (Dayna, Roger, me, and a few others that day) Over 80 reports from there, they shut down the restaurant for a while.

It only lasted a couple days :puke: , which I am thankful for, but you are contagious for at least 3 days after you feel better. Today is day 3, so I hope I am not contagious anymore. Got 4 days off from work (not my favorite thing to do). :cry:

Glad you are back. Here's to those last 8 lbs.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Karli » February 4th, 2007, 8:47 am

No Sergio's for me, but I did indeed hear about the lovely food affects :shock: . We wished we could have been there for the celebration with all of you, but I am glad that we missed Sergio's :-P. Maybe we will get a chance to see each other when you guys come up again ? We also have a wonder dog ... hee hee.

Okay, my MF plan for the day :

7:30 -- oatmeal
10 -- bar or RTD
1 -- shake
4 -- L/G
6 -- shake or RTD
9 -- hot cocoa
Karli

Postby Mike » February 4th, 2007, 11:41 am

We are coming for President's Day weekend, so sounds good to us. ;)
We'll have to coordinate things with Dayna and DH.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Karli » February 6th, 2007, 10:15 am

Yeah, maybe the 6.25 ;) (hee hee) of us, plus our doggies can all get togehter.

Well, in other news, here I be. Life is going well for me right now, but MF is simply not and it's getting ridiculous. I am on the mend health-wise but not quite 100% yet, and also TOM is here which doesn't help in some ways. But, I am simply determined today to make the right decisions ALL DAY. I did all the right things yesterday right up until I did the wrong thing. And, it was wrong for sure, and then the whole day went down the drain.

Anyway, I am caught in some sort of cycle that I would really like to get out of. Yesterday I was very happy about making it through the entire day on plan, but then the stupid little voices crept in telling me I would just fail today anyway ... so instead of allowing that to happen, I decided to fail last night .... argh :x. I can handle some setbacks, I know what I am dealing with in myself, but I am pretty ready for some true forward motion right now and really just want to get back on track.

So, I am not feeling like I want to try to look at the "positive side." I just want to be back on track. I think I need to give "my little child" a thorough talking to. She is still trying to figure out right from wrong. So much testing of my parent side lately ... hee hee. It's that little one that needs to learn how to make the right choices.

Parent voice : "We don't do that anymore, sweety. Turning to food is just not how we deal with stress and anxiety. When you are feeling stressed and anxious, you come to me now." :mrgreen:

Actually, this is interesting because I have a little inspiration here. All of the habits that we express physically also have neuro trenches in our brain. When we change a habit, we actually rewire stuff physically in our heads. And, likewise, when we rewire stuff physically in our heads, our habits change.

I am going to do a little bit of visualization or mental practice this morning before I go about the rest of my day. In music practice, I actually spend most of my time in mental practice, wiring the musical experience through my mind. Well, I am going to do this with my eating, too. I am going to start mentally re-routing the little girl even when "she" is not in the exact situation that seems to bring about trouble.

Okay, I'll let you know how it goes. I think this is actually exactly what takes place when we go through this process of change, I just think that I need to make a conscious effort right now to do it. I am excited actually !!

MF plan for the day :

8 -- oatmeal
11 -- bar
2 -- soup
5 -- RTD
7 -- L/G
9 -- pudding
Karli

Postby bikipatra » February 6th, 2007, 10:49 am

I stopped talking to my inner child along time ago. She's a brat and I want nothing to do with her. :x
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby nickieluv » February 6th, 2007, 1:44 pm

Nice to hear from you, Karli - I've been thinking about you.

I think you're right on track with the 'rewiring' thing. The brain is just so darn powerful!! Time we harnessed that power and made it do what we want it to do. As you have told me, not giving up is the important thing, and every step toward change is a step in the right direction no matter how little a step it may seem.

I hope to hear more about how this mental practice goes with your mini-Karli. It sounds like a technique I could use!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karli » February 6th, 2007, 9:03 pm

Thanks very much, Nickie :). Your comments were very helpful for me today, just the right thing :).

Biki, don't ignore your inner child :mrgreen:.

Well, today was fabulous. I think my mental practice really helped, and I am going to do a little more to finish off the evening (1 more suppy and then the rest of the evening in my near future (this has been my major screw up time lately (cancel, cancel))). I am going to make a point of starting with it, too, in the morning. I think that this is actually a very important step, and an interesting point is that I have to *want* to do the right thing in order to really do this kind of mental practice in a convincing way. I have to actually want to program myself to do the right thing. That has to be a conscious decision, and I realize I am not always even wanting to make a decision at all (leaving room for foul play :-P).

I suppose if I am struggling with wanting to program myself to do the right thing, I can also experiment with programming myself to want to program myself... hee hee.

Anyway, cheers to a good day and here's looking at tomorrow :).
Karli

Postby bikipatra » February 6th, 2007, 10:50 pm

I believe into acting myself into right thinking, not thinking myself into right action. That has just always been the way it is for me. With my drinking, drugs and food. Thinking is usually my problem not my solution with it comes to addictive substances...
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal