Karli

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Karli » April 1st, 2009, 7:12 am

Yippee ! I hope the kickin' was a kickin' yesterday.

I finally weighed myself this morning and I was 189 exactly. This is higher than I probably *could* have been since a week and a half ago, but it's under 190 and it feels great !

I got a heck of a sleep last night after about a 4 hour sleep the night before. The new term has started at the University and that's been interesting, and stressful, but I *think* I am getting a handle on things and I am hoping to sink into a rhythm again where I can be practicing and not feeling like I never have a moment to breathe !

Anyway, I am feeling motivated today ! I don't know if I will get to posting in everybody's journal today, but I will read them :). Cheers to all !
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby nickieluv » April 1st, 2009, 11:54 am

I almost came to visit you this morning because I was so proud of making it to day 4 and I thought to myself 'I want to tell Karli!' You're like my MediMom - no reflection on either of our ages, I just feel sort of 'watched over' by you because you were so supportive last time I was here.

I think 189 is great and besides, it's only temporary anyway. ;) Have fun getting into a new routine - I keep trying to convince my department to lobby for a full-time accompanist position that I could of course get and live my fantasy. Not going to happen. If we were closer to a music school maybe - ah well, who knows what will happen a few years from now? Maybe if I did it I'd hate it. But I think it sounds like great fun to be playing all the time and performing and teaching at a university. Enjoy it!
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Karli » April 4th, 2009, 9:03 am

Okay, two days ago was a day full of naughty "P" foods. That's extremely true, but I posted about it that way just for you, Nickie :).

That means I have had three days of true off-road experiences since I started back on a couple of months ago. I would say that those are pretty good statistics for me, though I know it's not how some people think of the plan (though the book has suggested a break once in a while !). I will say though that my goal right now is to make it down to 179 (roughly ten pounds from here and into the 70's), and then I am giving myself permission to take a break for a couple of days. By then I may not want it, but for now it's the main way to keep me motivated.

One thing I know for sure is that I can't just go off and stay off, and I also know that if I take too many breaks, my losses hault, and both of those are not truly what I want at all. So, I will commit myself to probably about three or four weeks at a time to give me some kind of close and pertinent-feeling goal. Today is day two, yesterday was perfect and so far today is as well. I am not sure if I will weigh tomorrow or not.

Stress in my life ? Yes, plenty. I won't go into detail because we all have it ! And, it's not a valid excuse. When I start massively losing sleep and start having litter box issues, I get to feeling pretty icky and I start feeling uninspired about the program. These are just things to note to myself.

Anyway, let's rock on, ladies !!
Karli

Postby Karli » April 5th, 2009, 7:20 am

Yesterday was fabulous, onto day 3 today !! I am feeling pretty chipper and level-headed about things, and that's nice :).

A couple of things that I have been realizing pretty clearly is that a couple of days off here and there are not truly the end of the world, PROVIDED you get right back on and keep moving for a substantial amount of time W/O days off !!! AND, the tricky thing about taking days off randomly is that it can mess with your mind and potentially keep you from going back on ... "why do I need to stick to the plan right now, remember I did (fill in the blank) a couple of days ago" yadda yadda. The main mind frame, no matter what, needs to be ON.

That being said, I am still giving myself permission to take a couple of days off when I hit 179, but it would be two at the most and then I would be right back on to 169. At this point I can ward off the temptations by telling myself I can have whatever it is in about a month. I might even make a list and then make sensible choices (in Utah I made very sensible choices, last Thursday I didn't).

I am feeling pretty good though that our vacation is over, THAT much finding L/G while we sit in a stuffy (horrible) hotel room and hubby is not happy about it and consequently eating yummies right in front of me, no more end of the term grading papers ( :x ), the first week of the new term is over with, I have had a couple of nights now of great sleep, the weather is awesome, and TOM is all but completely done !!!!

Give me a spurt of some MF style rump-kickin' please :mrgreen:
Karli

Postby nickieluv » April 5th, 2009, 9:55 am

You sound really energized!! That's great.

I agree that a day off here and there is not evil in itself - as long as you get right back on. That has been the hard part for me always, and we'll find out tomorrow if I really have changed my point of view.

And my 'p' day was not related to yours, don't worry - I had mine before I read about yours. :D It became a 'p' and 's' day, though - peanut butter, SweeTarts, and saltines. But I think I did well with it and I'll write more in my own journal when I get the chance.

Keep the sunny outlook!!!
nickieluv

Postby Karli » April 6th, 2009, 4:42 am

Yes, I was pretty energized yesterday ! Actually, you could probably say that I am today as well, but I am frustrated at waking at 3:45am this morning and not going back to sleep. Sometimes I get up that early just to make sure I get all of my work done on time, this morning I can use the time but I woke because of a noisy neighbor. My main frustration is the scale ... little sleep equals little weightloss, despite the fact that I am compliant. Sometimes that really messes with me.

Anyway, I guess me weighing 190 even at 4 in the morning is worth something ! But, I will probably have to have an extra supplement today no matter what, as I don't even get off teaching until 7:15pm, and I doubt I will be capable of unwinding and getting to bed by 8pm ... argh.

Okay, this may seem negative, but I guess this is just my frustration of late and am trying to relieve myself of some of it instead of eating because of it (not that I feel tempted to eat a bunch at 4:30 in the morning). Some part of me says "I make it through the day on plan and then what if I don't get enough sleep tonight, too ?"

hmmm .... gripe gripe gripe. Cancel cancel cancel. It DOES matter that I stay on, and that is what the plan is for the day, and I can do it ! Day 4.
Karli

Postby nickieluv » April 6th, 2009, 6:00 am

Wow - you got up when I went to bed. :lol: Excluding the time difference, naturally. I didn't go to sleep until after 3am - too much caffeine. When will I ever learn?

Sleep does help the losses, there's no doubt about that - but we just have to do the best we can. Not enough sleep seems to be a fact of life for me lately - probably why I've been so easily irritated - and every morning I wake up exhausted and say 'I'm going to go to bed early tonight' and then by evening I feel better and I stay up too late all over again.

Try not to let it get to you - enjoy the time to get your work done and there's always hope that tonight will be better. :)
nickieluv

Postby Karli » April 7th, 2009, 9:15 pm

There is just no way I can stay up until 3-something in the morning !!! At least not anymore. Nickie, I want to thank you for your comments actually, regarding me needing to appreciate the time to do my work and also about enjoying the actual work that I am doing. You are very right and I needed to hear that both about the early morning rise as well as the actual work I was engaged with. Somehow it spoke right to me.

Well, today was a great day as far as the program went, I woke up and weighed myself at 188.2, and that was nice to see the drop. I will admit, I am kind of expecting a significant loss overall this week, as I believe I am carrying bloat from three different sources, and if I can get regular sleep (irregular sleep being one problem) I am thinking some pounds should fall away. But, I don't want to get my hopes up too high. 185 though is kind of within sight, and I am pretty happy about that.

Walking away from the school the other day, the weather was warmer and I needed to dress for warmer weather as well as try to look nicer than I dress at home for my private students. I felt *so* happy to be on track again with MF and losing this extra weight. I feel very good about going into the summer months feeling as though I will feel comfortable in shorts and short sleeved shirts ... maybe even tank tops !

Well, cheers to all and to all a goodnight :).
Karli

Postby nickieluv » April 8th, 2009, 5:18 pm

Mmmmmm - summer - it is coming, right? You promise? ;) Glad I could help you be appreciative. I know how easy it is to lament where you are - sometimes hearing another person crow about what you have can help give you some perspective. I would never give up what I have but your life sounds like a lot of fun. :lol:
nickieluv

Postby Karli » April 25th, 2009, 7:20 pm

hmmm ... it'd been longer since I posted in here than I thought ! Well, no good news to report really. I am hovering around 188, sometimes more, sometimes less depending on how I have been doing. But, it's been that way for weeks now, and this is getting silly !

Tomorrow, here I come !
Karli

Postby Karli » May 22nd, 2009, 9:54 am

Okay, this recent surge of familiar faces has brought some kind of spark to my life ! All I want to post in my journal right now is a mantra I have been telling myself for a few weeks now. This just "came" to me one day as I was pondering my path with music, but I just realized a few minutes ago that it applies very much to what I think "we" are trying to achieve with our weight loss as well :

I am not only willing to take the footsteps, I am willing also to take the journey.

I think that the "footsteps" are equal to us making the needed adjustments in our eating and diet. The journey is slightly different and requires inner strength and growth along the way, which is what helps us be willing to continue taking the footsteps. I personally can't seem to take the footsteps without a willingness to grow, and I don't think it's too much different for most people.

Anyway, cheers to all !
Karli

Postby DogMa » May 22nd, 2009, 2:31 pm

Nice to see you here, Karli!! Geez, maybe if things perk up around here, I'll actually visit more regularly, too!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby nickieluv » May 24th, 2009, 10:12 am

I have a willingness to shrink rather than grow but other than that, I'm with you. ;)
nickieluv

Postby dede4wd » May 24th, 2009, 12:22 pm

Hi Karli!

Your mantra is beautiful!
dede4wd

Postby sidrah » May 24th, 2009, 5:19 pm

I for one can say while I agree wholeheartedly with you, sadly while the spirit is willing, the flesh is often weak. You seem to have found a connection that works for you and that is great.

I am aiming for stronger flesh!!!
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal