I am just starting - wish me luck!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I am just starting - wish me luck!

Postby Maria » January 20th, 2006, 12:50 pm

Hi everyone,
I am just starting the medifast program. I need to lose 60 lbs.
Any advise??
THanks
Maria
[/list][/list]
Maria

Postby SueInSLO » January 20th, 2006, 1:35 pm

Hi and Welcome Maria!!
:wave:

I'm new so not much advice from me except drink your water and stick to the plan!!

And......read......read.......read all of the forum. There is much to learn here and great support.

Good Luck!!!

Sue
:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Just Starting

Postby Jan » January 20th, 2006, 1:49 pm

Hi Maria,
First, Welcome to the forum. Everyone is here to help you on your way. Make certain and follow the guidelines exactly. And as Sue.. said drink your water. Never never skip a meal and make sure you eat about every three hours. Start eating within an hour after getting up. Read Read Read the quick start and the forum -- keep posting -- You'll do great. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Susynne » January 20th, 2006, 2:41 pm

Welcome Maria! :byebye:

I was new the first of the year...and if I can do this you can too!! :cheermed: Get through the first 3 to 5 days and you'll find its actually EASY, Honest!!! :D

I have health issues that force my bod to hold on to the weight, my doc's were shocked when I said I'd do this knowing the challenge I was up against. With the support of the wonderful :heart: :rose: :heart: souls here I am actually losing, admittedly slowly, but losing. This forum is my salvation. I read :secret: when I feel depressed, or discouraged, or tempted to cheat. You can ask for encouragement when you need it and you have someone to be accountable to besides yourself....
:bouncie:
Medifast is wonderful, but this forum makes it enjoyable too. The rewards go beyond weight....they are endless.
Good luck, keep us posted. Happy :water: Slurping!!
Susynne
:rose: :rose: :rose:
Grateful starving artist........

Susynne
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Drama Queen » January 20th, 2006, 2:45 pm

Hi Maria,

I'm new to the program too. I haven't started on MF yet, I've set Sunday as my start date, but I want to take 60 lbs. off too. With all the wonderful support on these boards I know we can do it!!! Keep reading and you will find all kinds of love, support and inspiration!!

Drama Queen
Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby cydj21 » January 20th, 2006, 3:26 pm

Welcome, Maria! :D

From one newbie to another....my advice is to drink lots of water (this is a common theme around here!), and to make sure you don't miss a supplement, or have a supplement late. I found that I got pretty bad headaches the first couple of days if I was low on water intake or my eating schedule got out of wack.

Other than that....visit the forum often and have faith!
Today is day six for me and I am feeling really great. I hope I continue to feel this way, because if I do....I can just see the finish line zooming my way!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby lameteorologa » January 20th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Good luck, Maria!!! Welcome!!
lameteorologa
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Suzie2006 » January 20th, 2006, 5:07 pm

Welcome and good luck. I just started today.
Start date: Jan. 20, 2006
SW224/CW216/GW160
Height: 5'7"
I lost 8 lbs!!!!
Suzie2006
Trusted Member

Thank you everyone

Postby Blondie » January 23rd, 2006, 7:11 am

I just want to say thank you all for the welcome and support. This is my 3rd day and it is getting somewhat easier. The 1st day was murder for me, I have to say. I hate water but I am doing flavored seltzer which is better.
I hope everyone is doing well and by the way, how do I get those little emotional faces on my emails? I cant' figure it out! Thanks,
Maria
Blondie

This is my 4th day, not too bad....

Postby Blondie » January 24th, 2006, 7:33 am

Hi Drama Queen,
This is my 4th day and I am hanging on. I am very hungry in the day, I just ordered the fast soups so I cant wait to get them so I can have something in between. I lost 5lbs so far....
How are you doing? I hope it's going well for you! Let's stick together.

And thank you everyone for your support!

Hi Maria,

I'm new to the program too. I haven't started on MF yet, I've set Sunday as my start date, but I want to take 60 lbs. off too. With all the wonderful support on these boards I know we can do it!!! Keep reading and you will find all kinds of love, support and inspiration!!

Drama Queen
Blondie

Postby falisamarie » January 24th, 2006, 7:56 am

Blondie-

Hang in there and it does get easier. This is day 10 for me so I am new to this too. Keep us posted on your progress :-P

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Re: This is my 4th day, not too bad....

Postby Drama Queen » January 24th, 2006, 4:09 pm

Blondie wrote:Hi Drama Queen,
This is my 4th day and I am hanging on. I am very hungry in the day, I just ordered the fast soups so I cant wait to get them so I can have something in between. I lost 5lbs so far....

Hi Maria,

Drama Queen

Hi Blondie,

Sounds like you are hanging in there. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Five pounds already :hi5: , that is AWESOME!!! :goldstar: :goldstar: :goldstar: :goldstar: I've decided to only weigh myself on Sunday and report my losses weekly at Roll Call. Even so, the waistbands on my skirts and pants fit better and it's only day three for me!!!
:yes: :yes: :yes:

I ordered some of the Fast Soups last night myself to stave off those hunger attacks mid afternoon. I have loved all the meal replacements so far. I absolutely love the Oatmeal and look forward to starting my day with it.

I thought the water would be the hardest for me (never been a big fan), but I find myself drinking it all the time and have no trouble getting my two quarts in each day. Of course, I spend a lot of time running to the Ladies Room. :dooh:

I just ordered a Magic Bullet Blender and have picked up some of the DaVinci SF Syrups (at TJMaxx) and can't wait to try some of the recipes on this Forum. I am loving this plan and this Forum!!! What amazing and incredible friends!!

Keep me posted on your progress and I'll do the same. Look for my post on the Roll Call this Sunday and be sure to post your success too!

Thanks for your support. We can do this together!!!

:toast:

Drama Queen
Last edited by Drama Queen on January 24th, 2006, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » January 24th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Hi, Maria ~

What a :byebye: fun place this is! Soon you will be posting weekly losses (ok, daily losses sometimes!) and you will know your way around here, too.

Weight loss for some of us is a choice, for others it is needful if we are to have any quality of life. I was most desperate when I got started and every day I am grateful for what I have learned and for the improvement in my health.

We wish the same to you - we're raising our shaker jars to you! :toast:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Re: This is my 4th day, not too bad....

Postby Blondie » January 27th, 2006, 10:13 am

Thank you Drama, I appreciate the reply. This is now day 6 for me. I feel great. Hungry but great. I just ordered the fast soups and more creamy soups. I can't wait to get the fast soups, I am very hungry during the day, I really need those! :eat: Very hungry!! Anyway, I will go on the roll call Sunday and let you know. I was almost temped to cheat, but I WILL NOT do it. We can do this...I'm so glad we're all together on this.
:D
K-I-T
Maria

Hi Drama Queen,

Hi Maria,

Drama Queen[/quote]

Hi Blondie,

Sounds like you are hanging in there. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Five pounds already :hi5: , that is AWESOME!!! :goldstar: :goldstar: :goldstar: :goldstar: I've decided to only weigh myself on Sunday and report my losses weekly at Roll Call. Even so, the waistbands on my skirts and pants fit better and it's only day three for me!!!
:yes: :yes: :yes:

I ordered some of the Fast Soups last night myself to stave off those hunger attacks mid afternoon. I have loved all the meal replacements so far. I absolutely love the Oatmeal and look forward to starting my day with it.

I thought the water would be the hardest for me (never been a big fan), but I find myself drinking it all the time and have no trouble getting my two quarts in each day. Of course, I spend a lot of time running to the Ladies Room. :dooh:

I just ordered a Magic Bullet Blender and have picked up some of the DaVinci SF Syrups (at TJMaxx) and can't wait to try some of the recipes on this Forum. I am loving this plan and this Forum!!! What amazing and incredible friends!!

Keep me posted on your progress and I'll do the same. Look for my post on the Roll Call this Sunday and be sure to post your success too!

Thanks for your support. We can do this together!!!

:toast:

Drama Queen
[/quote]
Blondie

Postby Nancy » January 30th, 2006, 11:39 pm

Maria ~

Are you still dealing with hunger? :scratch:

I just read your :puter: post (sorry I have not been here, our server was down :tears: ) and I'd like to remind you to be sure to have your first meal within the first hour of :snooze: getting up and then have each packet every two or two and a half hours throughout your day.

Some people may need to have an extra shake or two during the first few days to get their stomach accustomed to taking in the smaller amount of food. :toast:

:secret: Remember, each shake is a nutritionally balanced meal and it will add only 90 or 100 calories (depending on if you have a Medifast 55 or a Medifast 70 shake) to your daily intake. Some people end up having a 6 & 1 or a 7 & 1 (7 packets and 1 Lean and Green meal) during the first few days until they get into the fat-burning state. After a few days, your body will adjust and your hunger should be pretty much gone except when meal time rolls around.

Sugar free gum can exacerbate hunger pangs so I would suggest that you avoid it if possible.

Some people do well to have 1 REGULAR STRENGTH Pepcid twice a day for a week or two to help reduce the volume of stomach acid.

Many times we have :redhead: “head hunger” and not true belly hunger – try to figure out what is triggering your hunger and then try to distract yourself. You know how kids can start putting on a pout and we are able to distract them and change their mind about having a :whip: hissy fit?

Use the same technique to :3head: distract yourself and change your foody focus (Ok, Folks..I can see it now…we will all be making :nutz: dorky faces and weird noises at ourselves, trying to do a self-distract and we’ll be picked up by the men in white and :veedub: transported to the :nana: loony bin…
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Next

Return to Come on in.