Just Starting

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Just Starting

Postby Newbie » November 6th, 2005, 4:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am officially starting the MF program tomorrow... and I am nervous. :oops: I will be doing the full fast and I have so much doubt in myself. Can I handle not eating food? :cry: What do I do if I get hungry? What do I do while others are eating around me? Any suggestions or encouragement would be helpful. :D Thanks.

Full Fast

Postby Jan » November 6th, 2005, 10:57 pm

Hi There,
I assume you are doing the full fast with your Dr.s supervision. That's important. Now, if you get hungry the first few days an extra shake won't hurt. It is a good idea to drink water, drink water, drink water. Helps with the weight loss and fills you up. I generally have a cup of tea when I am with others who are eating. That way I have something too. The first few days are the hardest. After that your body will adjust and generally hunger subsides. Make sure and have every meal replacement. Don't skip and don't add other things.
We'll be keeping watch to see how you are doing. Make sure and use the forum. It is a good accountabilty checkpoint and the members are very helpful and encouraging.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » November 6th, 2005, 11:21 pm

Welcome!

It can also help to munch on celery or pickles or cucumbers, and check around on the site for the list of "free" foods (they're all free in limited quantities): bouillion, a small amount of fat-free cream cheese, etc. Get some of the Medifast snacks, too, like the crackers. One packet with some salsa or FF cream cheese makes a nice snack if you have the munchies.

And come here as often as you need to, for support or distraction.

Good luck!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room