Just starting

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Just starting

Postby tmartin » March 26th, 2005, 9:06 pm

I have been on numerous diets had a 70 pd success back in 2000 but did not keep it off but 2 years.
I started out again March 4th weighing 183 my goal weight is 60 pd loss.
Today is March 26th loss of 15 pds down to 168. Hit a stall last week. But still on track. What is discouraging is that I a 4ft 11 inches not the tallest so each and every pd shows on me.
The hard part is yet to come keeping off is the hard part right? :D
tmartin
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby doglover » March 27th, 2005, 5:18 am

Welcome back tmartin! You should be proud of your success thus far. Take it one step at a time and when you get to transition and maintenance, stick with the team. Everyone can help you through!

Many of us on the board have talked about being nervous about maintaining. I think if we all stick together, even after goal weight, we will be fine!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby scrabbler7 » March 27th, 2005, 7:23 am

Hello TMartin - glad to have you.

I can relate to your post -- I am 4 ft 10 3/4 inches. I've always said I'm not overweight, I'm just too short for my weight. That was pre-MF days.

Losing weight is difficult, we all know that. Keeping from gaining it after it's lost is difficult too. We all know that. We are doing MF because most of us have tried every other diet out there ... no doubt with successes along the way. But have always ended up putting it back on. What makes this different? I don't know - that's an individual response. The only encouragement I can give is to look at the posts in here from those before us - who have lost it and are keeping their weight off. Nancy is first and foremost. But if you read her posts, you will also see that there are times when even Nancy has to re-motivate herself to keep that Food Demon at bay.

MF is a tool for us to utilize while taking a break from food. It gives us a chance to learn things about ourselves and our interaction with food. Then, once we get to our goal; we need to utilize that same tool to transition ourselves back into a "normal" foodie life. I feel pretty strongly that once I make it to goal, transition, then maintenance -- that MF will still be a part of my life. I think that's the key to keeping yourself away from the Demons and in compliance.

But how bad can it be? A little hot cocoa at night as a nightcap isn't that difficult to take if you ask me!
:lol:
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room