Just realized....

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Just realized....

Postby Hyperion » January 4th, 2006, 5:30 pm

Seren, Lauren, all...

I just realized this evening... I am at 215 pounds, which means I lost 49 DAMN WHOLE POUNDS!!!

Seren, I don't wanna leave that early (in fact yes I do but :oops: :oops: ), but I think tomorrow I might be on the 50# Club!!!!!!

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

I am so, so, SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy!!

I was looking at my pics I posted at 38#s lost, and I was so proud back then. Now, it just is getting better!!! Gotta post some new pics when I reach 200#s!!

Gonna update that thread tomorrow morning if I'm at 50#s lost, or in 2 days, or well, whenever I reach that INCREDIBLE milestone!!!

Medifast rocks :dance: :dance: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Doing great

Postby Jan » January 4th, 2006, 5:38 pm

Wow!!
are you doing great or what?? :lol:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Lauren » January 4th, 2006, 5:46 pm

Hype, that is just too cool! Can't wait to see the new pics, 11+ pounds will certainly make a big difference!

I don't know how tall you are, but 215 is pretty darn close to like "normal" size for a big guy! You know? It's not a scary number, which is so awesome. I am technically at 36 pounds, but I weigh tomorrow, and would be thrilled to get near the 40# mark. We shall see. Patience is a virtue, right? BS! haha

What have your mom and girlfriend said about this? Anything new?

Hype, I am just really so proud of you and excited for you. There's no doubt that your spirit and kindness to everyone else here has been good karma, and it's coming to help you shed the pounds!
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Hyperion » January 4th, 2006, 7:01 pm

Hehe thanks Lauren :D :D

Yes, when I first lost weight, I was at about 180 and no belly, no big butt, etc... And at 180 on my scale, it means about 175 for a medical scale (mine has about 5 pounds higher but I never consider it when I weigh).

It's been a long time that I've abandoned the meaning of numbers, and now they're merely a measure of "how good I'm doing". In my book, a man can weigh 180 pounds and be healthier (thinner) than one at 150-160. Depends on size, bones, lots of factors... For me, 180 is heaven on earth; the magic number where I don't feel guilty of showing myself in swimsuit, or to get naked in front of my girlfriend, etc!

As for clothes, I tried the same as those on the pics and yes, definitely there is a difference. In fact, on those pics you don't see I could fit in my jeans but the belly button is not attached. Now I can fit my whole arm in my pants and there is still some room!!! It's almost like I'm melting faster now than the first 30 pounds! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'll post pics at 200 pounds, then 180, for inspiration to others! Oh, and for my GF, she is really thrilled with me losing weight; it shows in our activities and actions :D I must also say I'm truly thrilled with her losing weight... Not only does she "look better", but the biggest advantage for me is that she is more comfortable with herself. Weight loss seems to affect a lot women psychology and mind... Maybe you can tell me if i'm right :mrgreen:

My mother, well I heard she began some kind of play to "stay healthy", which is not IMO the best way to lose, much more like the best way to "maintain". Well, when I'll finish MF, maybe I'll look more into that and see what happens :-P

Lauren, your comments are really appreciated; I still am amazed at how much this forum represents for me now... My GF would like to read and post, however we speak french and she doesn't understand english very well :| Me on the other hand am bilingual so no big deal (that's why I may sound like a robot sometimes) :mrgreen:

I wanna hear from you tomorrow with your weight loss results!! I'll post here with my results :D
264/150

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion

Postby Serendipity » January 4th, 2006, 7:54 pm

awwww, Hype, that's ok. Just pave the way for me. I'll be there soon, don't worry.

:toast:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Nancy » January 4th, 2006, 11:50 pm

Hype ~

:shock: Sheeh! You are REALLY hyped tonight!

I am so happy for you! :bananadance: :bananadance:

Every time a person makes a milestone like this, my arm hairs stand on end :cool: and it is like I am experiencing my weight loss journey all over again.

Weight loss or...gulp! Weight gain :oops: definitely affects how we feel about ourselves. It makes us or breaks us, doesn't it?

It is really sad that society puts so much pressure on us to look a certain way - to be a particular size or weight in order to be deemed of value. It rots in any language! But that's the truth and that's the way it is.

Hyperion, you have worked very hard to achieve your current weight loss. It means you have denied yourself special meals, tasty foods and favorite drinks that others ate (and some flaunted) in your presence. You exercised self-restraint and self-control; you chose your health over your foody desires.

Stand up tall and straight, puff out your muscular chest and say out loud,

"Dang! I feel good! I look good! I am doing a great thing for myself and humankind!"

You rock, Hype! :you: :yourock:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Hyperion » January 5th, 2006, 5:38 am

Thank you so much Nancy and Seren :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yes it's sad that society puts so much pressure on what we look like.However, I like thinking about things positively, and the positive point of that society thing is that it may have made me sad for a long time, however the fact of losing weight is much more important to my health than it is to society. It's like a double reward. Society compliance (lol), and some years more of life when I get old, and of course a much more pleasent trip through all my years :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh, and as an update, I weighed in today... I didn't lose 50 pounds... :oops:

No, in fact, I lost 51 pounds :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This week has been incredible, the most incredible since the first one in terms of weight loss (7 pounds)!!!!!!

I love you all!!!!
264/150

Hyperion

Postby Hyperion » January 5th, 2006, 5:40 am

Oh, and Unca, I wanna depart for a greater world: the 50# club!!!! :D :D :D
264/150

Hyperion

Postby Lauren » January 5th, 2006, 7:46 am

Good morning, Hype, and anyone else hanging about!

Congratulations a million times over on surpassing your 50#!!! I am thrilled for you. And yes, I am thrilled for your girlfriend as well, it's just awesome that you guys are able to go through this happy time together. Of course all people feel better and more confident when they are fit, but yes, women especially are totally affected by weight.

I agree with you that it's not just about society's pressures to fit in, it's about fitting in our own skin, feeling good walking down the street, not having pains in knees and ankles and backs from doing very little. Society may make us feel bad for being 20# overweight, but WE make us feel bad for being 80-100-150# overweight. This is our doing, and it's our job to recognize that we've been harming ourselves, and now we are making it better.

You, my friend, are making it better!

Your mom may or may not come around. All you can do is take care of yourself and your needs at this point, and hope that she sees "getting healthy" does in fact mean losing weight, not just eating an apple a day! :-)

Oh, I hit 40# this morning! It was about 39.5 when I first got up, and I said NO WAY! So I wandered around my apartment for a few minutes, tried again, and there it was!

Life is grand.

Wish your girlfriend well for us!

Lauren
Lauren

Postby aphrael » January 5th, 2006, 9:11 am

Congradulations Hype!

Your posts always motivate me, keep up the great work.

Congrats to Lauren too you will be following Hype up a club real soon.

Aphrael
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Lauren » January 5th, 2006, 9:13 am

Thanks so much, Aphrael!
Lauren

Postby Gwenski » January 5th, 2006, 11:26 am

:bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball: :bouncieball:

HYPE!!!

I am so stoked seeing your hit the lbs out of the park and your life. You are truly amazing. You and Lauren's sucess has totally perked up my day!

Totally HAPPY for you!!!

Way to go - YOU ROCK!!!!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

Postby Hyperion » January 5th, 2006, 11:27 am

Thanks all,

You truly are great people :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
264/150

Hyperion

Postby Nancy » January 5th, 2006, 1:14 pm

Congratulations, Hyperion! 51 Pounds of flabber, outta here!

Wowser! :shock: 5 bags of dog food and 4 cubes of butter totally gone for good!
Yippy skippy! :sheepjump: :sheepjump: :sheepjump: :sheepjump: :sheepjump:

Remember this wonderful feeling - especially 6 months from now when you are tempted to eat a bagful of pasties

( :shock: No, Guido! I do not mean THAT! :oops: :x Pasties are little meat pies!!!) or a loaded triple decker sandwich, Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Hah! The little jumping :sheepjump: sheep cwack me up.

Last night I saw the beginning of Jay Leno and there was a cruel take off of Kirstie Alley's commercial for Jenny Craig.

It showed her jumping on the trampoline and as she did, it showed an old film clip of food falling off of grocery shelves taken during an earthquake and a building crumbling and imploding...the commercial was mean-spirited but it also reminded me of how I used to feel when I would walk across some floors or into some rooms and the floor would creak or the china in the china cabinet would rattle. I remember sitting on a chair and hearing it groan. I was mortified! :oops: :nonono:

Your weight loss and that of others is not only changing your appearance but it is changing so many other things, too.

When I wrote above ^ of our impact on society and humankind I meant so much more than how we are viewed by others.

When we feel :yay: good about ourselves, when our body is :weightlift: healthier, our mind becomes healthier too and our confidence soars. :thumbup:

As a result of feeling better and reassured in your head and in your heart, you will feel like you can enter into society more.

:huh: Who knows, you may do things now that you never would have done before you lost weight.

When I was overweight I did not want to go places or do things. I stayed at home. I wanted to blend in. (read my October 2003 Newsletter http://www.makemethinner.com/newsletter ... letter.htm) I did not want to participate in life. I :redhead: wasted my life for so many years.

You are young and have so much promise.

:coach: Those of you who are lurkers and weight loss wannabes…heed this:

Fat kills!

It sucks your life out of your life.

Fat prevents you from being all you can be.

Fat prevents you from living life to its fullest.

Fat robs others of who you are and of who they can be.

I never thought that I would be able to be successful with a weight loss program.

I never thought I could encourage or help others to do such difficult things as this.

Three years ago I had no idea that I could touch so many lives.

Who'dda thunk a 57 year old crazed woman in the northwest hunched over her laptop could help others around the country to get the flab out, get fit and love life?

Hype, you and 'Dipity and all the other losers and losers-to-be have a tremendous opportunity ahead of you.

Serendipity ~ I had to chuckle about your :walk: weightloss walk-around this morning. :roflmao:

It is so :nana: weird but often times when people hit the sandbox, strip down and weigh first thing outta the sack and record their weight, they can make a return visit half an hour later and surprise! :bounce: A little more lard has melted away! I don't know why that is but it has happened to me most often, too.

Dear dear losers ~ Celebrate! :buddies:

Come on, Kids! :clap: Let’s celebrate Hype’s and ‘Dipity’s losses! :dancinguy: :dance:

Let's celebrate life. :whoohoo:

Get the lard out. :beerbeer:

Live it up! :partytime:

We have a whole lotta livin' to do!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Mommy2girls » January 5th, 2006, 9:27 pm

Wow, you are doing AMAZING!!! Congratulations!

I have to remind myself all the time that doing the slow path is my choice! But then I also look back at last year (started in April 05) and realize that while I did not lose weight at lightening speed, I've also kept it off (okay, except for a 6lb gain during the month of Dec. when I didn't do Medifast at ALL!) and that makes me happy that I'm not gaining back....

but back to you, your weight loss is FANTASTIC! I'm very happy for you!!!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room