HI!! Just introducing myself I'm 19 and new to MF w/ Q's? =)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

HI!! Just introducing myself I'm 19 and new to MF w/ Q's? =)

Postby CarmenM » December 5th, 2005, 11:14 pm

HI, My name is Carmen, i'm 19 and live in Miami and i'm so excited to finally have registered on the MF forum.. i've been visiting it practically EVERYDAY and i just have to say that it is SOOO inspiring.

Well, i have been on MF since August 22 and so far i have lost 35lbs. Well lately i have been getting a little discouraged and for the past 3 weeks i haven't been able to lose anything :cry:.. i just feel so disappointed because i have been cheating ALOT ever since thanksgiving!! Although i haven't been doing very well the last 3 weeks i started out fresh yesterday (Sunday) and just reading all the posts on here have just helped so much in me not cheating. The thing is that it's really hard when all of your friends around you are eating all this junk food and then they offer you some.. you say no but then they keep insisting.. i just have no will power at all!!!

Anyway.. enough about my lack of will power.. i have a couple of questions that i hope you guys reply to :lol:

First: Well, i know you guys will probably not approve at all.. but the way i have been doing my diet is that on the weekdays i stick to the diet very well but then on weekends i end up breaking it when i go out with my friends.. i know this is not good at all but some how i have lost 35lbs by doing it this why.. is this way really really bad? I should just stick to the diet completely right?

Second: I'm not sure if i should be exercising because there was a week that i did exercise EVERY SINGLE DAY and i did not lose 1 single pound.. yet there have been weeks were all i do is take naps after i come home from school and i've lost 6lbs!! How do you explain this? I truly don't understand it!

Third: I was just wondering if I'm handleing my meals correctly.. or if i should change something.. This is my schedule

7:00AM - Outmeal
10:00AM - Bar
1:00PM - Soup
4:00PM - Ready to drink Shake
7:00PM - Lean and Green ( for this sometimes i have the frozen under 280 calorie meals)

Is this ok or should i change something in it.. i've heard that you should have 5 supplements but i only have 4 a day.. if i take 5 will that help me or harm my diet in any way? Also.. are the frozen low calorie dinners ok for MF?

OMG i'm so sorry if I’ve rambled on.. maybe i should of spaced these out in different forums.. but oh well.. please someone REPLY.. i would love to know what you guys think and i am really looking forward to become a part of this MF forum and meet new people and get even more inspired to finish my goal.. Which i have ALOT to go!!!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!
~Carmen~

CarmenM
Regular Member - #60 Club

Postby Serendipity » December 6th, 2005, 8:18 am

Hi CarmenM and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you will get any encouragement here to make your own program. Medifast has been developed by experts and there are reasons for every "rule". Choosing to go off plan on weekends has set you up for failure because sticking to plan becomes sooooooooo much harder. You are struggling because you kick yourself out of Ketosis every weekend. It's like starting a new diet every Monday. NOT A GOOD PLAN!

You can still go out with your friends. If they're drinking and eating, just sip diet cola and have a stick of SF gum. If they're true friends, they will accept you......if they don't accept you and continue to pressure you to do what you know is bad for you, they are not your friends.

I won't address your question about exercise because I'm not the best authority, although there is alot out there you can read about how exercise effects your progress with Medifast......lots of posts here. Just do a search.

Good luck to you and take some good advise. Stick to the Medifast plan as stated in the Quick Start Guide and you will lose weight.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Thank you JO!!!

Postby CarmenM » December 6th, 2005, 7:28 pm

Hey Jo, thank you so much for replying i really do appriciate it!! Well, i totally agree with you and to be quite honest i didn't really know how important sticking STICTLY to the diet was. I just thought since i was doing so well by losing the 30+lbs it didn't really matter if i got out of the diet a little bit on Saturdays but since i recently came to the forum i now see how vital it is to stick to the plan religiously..lol.

Well again thank you for the reply and don't worry i know it will be hard but from now on i don't plan on taking little breaks from the diet anymore!!! This is the most i've lost in my life and i don't want to ruin that at all!!

Well thanks again!!!
~Carmen~

CarmenM

Hi Vicky (thanks for replying)

Postby CarmenM » December 6th, 2005, 8:55 pm

Hi Vicky! Thank you very much for replying to my post. Well as far as the four supplements, the thing is that the reason i got into the MF program is because i am currently a patient at physicians quick weight loss center and they decided to put me on MF for 6 months, they are the ones who told me to drink the 4 supplements and the 1 lean and green. Will drinking one more supplement make that much of a difference? (just wondering)

Also yes i drink ALOT OF WATER! i definitely drink more then 64oz.. i went to this site that calculated how much water you should drink and it said about 140oz for me and i drink about just that.

Wow.. It’s amazing how this forum really does help you.. Every time I read the posts it just inspires me to keep doing better.. I got back on track on Sunday (it’s now Tuesday) and so far I have lost 4lbs!! I have even gone out with some friends and haven’t cheated! Today they bought banana splits and were eating it rite in front of me!!! I can’t believe how strong I was.. I didn’t even want to taste it.. What I did was since it was time for a supplement.. I drank a shake while they ate their ice cream..lol. It feels so good when you stick to the diet and don’t cave in to temptation!!! I’m definitely sticking to the plan and I’m not getting out on weekends anymore!!
~Carmen~

CarmenM

Postby Nancy » December 6th, 2005, 9:57 pm

Welcome to you, Little Darlin’ ~ we are glad to have you here with us, Carmen and the Mama part of me is thinking, “Boy howdy, do you ever need us!”

Jo and Vicky gave you great advice (thanks!)

Let me try to answer your three questions

First: Well, i know you guys will probably not approve at all.. but the way i have been doing my diet is that on the weekdays i stick to the diet very well but then on weekends i end up breaking it when i go out with my friends.. i know this is not good at all but some how i have lost 35lbs by doing it this why.. is this way really really bad? I should just stick to the diet completely right?

Second: I'm not sure if i should be exercising because there was a week that i did exercise EVERY SINGLE DAY and i did not lose 1 single pound.. yet there have been weeks were all i do is take naps after i come home from school and i've lost 6lbs!! How do you explain this? I truly don't understand it!

Third: I was just wondering if I'm handleing my meals correctly.. or if i should change something.. This is my schedule

7:00AM - Outmeal
10:00AM - Bar
1:00PM - Soup
4:00PM - Ready to drink Shake
7:00PM - Lean and Green ( for this sometimes i have the frozen under 280 calorie meals)

Is this ok or should i change something in it.. i've heard that you should have 5 supplements but i only have 4 a day.. if i take 5 will that help me or harm my diet in any way? Also.. are the frozen low calorie dinners ok for MF?

Yes, Carmen, you are right, you should just stick to the eating plan the way it is written. If your goal is to lose weight rapidly and safely, then it is best to follow the program exactly right.

There are many ways to get to the mall.

In my town, I can get to the mall by taking driving my VeeDub, in Unca’s Lotus, by calling a cab, riding the city bus and making a few transfers, by riding a bike or walking. They will all get me there. I can go by back roads and the surface streets or I can get there on the freeway.

If I am in a hurry, I go in Unca's Lotus on the freeway. If I wanna enjoy the sights, I take the back roads and my VeeDub or a bike.

Now if you really are serious about reaching your goal weight, then I would suggest that you not mess around on the weekend with bites of burgers and other foody meals but that you stick to the program the way it is written – you’ll reach your goal a whole lot faster. Jo’s right, every Monday is like starting over. You will eventually get to your destination but the direct route is sure a lot easier and more satisfying for most of us.

#2 For the best health benefit, exercise needs to be consistent – it need not leave you wiped out, just steady and consistent and not more than 45 minutes total when a person is on the weight loss phase. Often when a person begins an exercise routine it takes the bod several weeks to fully grow accustomed to it and weight loss and muscle development is not instant – give your bod time to adjust. I suspect that the reason your body did not release any weight is because of what you revealed in question # 3…you are not providing your body with the food, the protein, the low glycemic carbs it needs and therefore, it is not rewarding you with a loss – it needs more food than what you are giving it.

You are young. You are still growing and developing and you are withholding the food that your body needs. If you were a young child and your parents did not provide all the food you needed, they could get into trouble legally for withholding food from you. Our body needs a certain amount of food to build strong bones, for the brain and heart to function properly and for the body to repair itself. You are the body’s parent now and essentially you are withholding a packet of food – once in a while, it is not dangerous but when it is done day after day, it can be harmful. Your body needs every single nutrient and calorie that our 5 and 1 program provides. This is the 5 and 1 program and it means 5 packets of Medifast every single day and 1 Lean and Green meal ever single day. It is not the 5 packets of Medifast and 1 pizza a day meal plan and it is not the 4 packets of chips a day and 1 packet of Medifast.

Carmen, we want you to be healthy inside and out –please, Little Darlin’ have all five packets of your Medifast food every single day and have that lean and green meal.

We are so excited for you to be with us – you have worked hard to lose weight. The things you are learning now will help you to be healthy all the rest of your life!

Shake it off and shake up our world!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby CarmenM » December 6th, 2005, 10:11 pm

AWWW Nancy... WOW thank you soooo much for replying to my post!!! You don't know how much all of the advice you guys have given me means to me. I know i haven't been doing the plan exactly like i was supposed to but honestly this forum really has made a difference and i know that i can be strong enough to keep going especially with the support of all of you guys.. I have learned alot more about the plan in the last few days and i am sure going to apply it all! i can't wait till time passes by so that i can show everyone including myself that i CAN do this :D
~Carmen~

CarmenM

Return to Come on in.