Janet on the prairie here - day #4

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Janet on the prairie here - day #4

Postby janetontheprairie » February 26th, 2006, 8:32 pm

Just a note to introduce myself and join in the conversations. I'm a 43 year old mother of three. Currently, I'm at 215, my goal is to be at 170 by the time summer is in full swing.

I love this site, I've perused it up one side and down the other.

Looking forward to my size 12's again!

Janet :D
janetontheprairie

Postby SueInSLO » February 26th, 2006, 8:35 pm

Welcome Janet!! :wave:

You've come to a great place, but it sounds like you already know that from reading the board!

Good Luck with your journey and you may be in those size 12's sooner than you think!

:goodluck:

Sue
:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby cydj21 » February 26th, 2006, 8:37 pm

Welcome to the MF Family, Janet! :wave:

Congratulations on finding Medifast and making it through the first few days. You will be in those size 12s before you know it!

Make sure to stop by the forum often...ask questions and share your stories! This forum is what has given me the faith to keep going when things have gotten rough. You have come to a wonderful place, and I am very happy you are here with us! :D
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby falisamarie » February 26th, 2006, 8:40 pm

Welcome Janet! You will love this program and this board. Stick to the program and those size 12's will be on you again in no time

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » February 26th, 2006, 11:15 pm

janetontheprairie ~

Howdy doody! :exercise:

Oh, you'll be in those smaller clothes by summer easily - just takes a little discipline (OK, it takes a LOT of discipline!) but IF you follow the program, you'll be in the Medigroove like the rest of us and shakin' it off in no time.

Enjoy the journey, Prairie Girl!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby smartipantz » February 27th, 2006, 7:19 am

Hi Janet,

You and I have alot in common here. I will be 43 next month and the mother of 4 boys. I started Medifast on January 12th and have lost just under 25 pounds - not too shabby for 6-1/2 weeks. So your goal of 170 by mid summer is definitely within reach.

Make sure you follow the program to the tee and DRINK YOUR WATER!! Those are the keys to success. I'm so excited about all the different clothes I HAVE to wear .... my other clothes FALL off me!

Good luck and if you have any questions, be sure to use the forum.

Smarti
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby mmob » February 27th, 2006, 12:07 pm

Same here - I'm going to be 43 in June and have 3 kids!!

I'm doing this diet for them as much as for me - I want to be able to do all kinds of things for many years with them!!

I started on January 23rd and have lost 15lbs --- I'm a slower loser I guess - I started at 204lbs......and am 189 now.

Water is key - I haven't always been able to keep up on it though due to bathroom availablity!! LOL but it does definitely help!!

Cheers!
Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » February 27th, 2006, 1:07 pm

Maria ~

That is so wonderful that you are now in ONEderland! I am happy for you. Just a little :hug: Medihug for you - we ought not to compare our weight loss rates with others. We are hand-fashioned and each of us has a different metabolism and different things going on inside of us. When we follow the program as it is designed, our body releases the flabber at just the rate it feels safe to do.

You are doing very well and I appreciate you for stating your goals - keeping up with three great kids is a cool - soon they will be :runner: :puma: running to keep up with you!

:water: Water is important and some workplaces sure make it difficult to run to the pottybox all day long. :lol: Try to work it in when you are able as it flushes out our fat cells and washes away the pounds!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

who would have guessed - more 43 year olds?

Postby janetontheprairie » February 28th, 2006, 4:54 pm

Thanks to you all for the prompt responses.

I have come to the conclusion, after one week, that i love the chili! i found a great idea from someone on the board to add a tablespoon of salsa, some garlic and onion powder - and i added my own, a bit of cumin....... it tastes wonderful and downright hearty!

I have also decided, I can't stand the chicken wild rice soup. LOL Any ideas on how to spice it up to make it bearable? I'd love some feedback on this one.

I am really missing 'crunchy' - what ideas are out there for crunchy?

And finally, when re-ordering for next month, is it more expensive if I call out which soups I want vs ordering the organized sampler pack?

Take care all, and thanks again for the info.

Janet on the prairie - where it was 80 degrees today!
janetontheprairie

Hiya Janet

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 28th, 2006, 5:22 pm

:)

I can't take the chili...yet I love the chicken and wild rice..lol I add garlic pepper, Salad supreme and salt to the chicken and wild rice and also..1/4 stick of chopped celery(instead of having the celery for my snack) lol For crunch, the celery of course and have you tried the medifast crackers? were allowed one package of those a day for a snack.

I am pretty new so I am not sure, but I think ordering the 4 week kit IS cheaper then ordering separatly but you could visit the swap and shop and trade the items you don't like...I have been a trading fool lately. It seems for every medi-meal you cannot stand..someone else LOVES it as much as you love something they just HATE..lol

I am sure someone who knows more about it, will come along very soon.

Happy Shaking!!

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby LovenElvis » February 28th, 2006, 5:40 pm

WELCOME! You have found the best support site EVERY!

I don't get the chance to get on here and write as much as I used to, with spring lurking around the corner.

I cannot image other MF users going along with this diet without the support of this site!

Welcome
Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

how does the swap shop work?

Postby janetontheprairie » February 28th, 2006, 6:45 pm

Hi Gina, I had no idea they did a swap shop - how do i find out about that? Thanks as always! I am learning so much!

Janet
janetontheprairie

Postby Nancy » February 28th, 2006, 11:01 pm

Hi, Janet ~

It's good to hear that you are enjoying the Homestyle Chili. It sure makes it nice for us when we are on the program for a while to be able to choose from among many different food products.

The price for the food items is about the same when purchased individually but the 4 week Variety Packs do come with three extra sample packets and a new shaker jar each time a person orders it.

One way to save money is to get on the Auto Ship Program (It's called the BeSlim Club). Initially you save 5% off your orders and as a person stays on it longer, the discount increases up to 12% for the seventh month and beyond.

Often the company offers sale prices on products each month and any time a person orders a case of any product, there is a 10% discount. If you look in the Monthly Specials Webroom there is information there about it.

About the Chicken With Wild Rice Soup, look in the Lean Cuisine Webroom for ideas to season your soup.

The Swap & Shop webroom is where you go for trading.

Happy thinnin' to you!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.