Introducing Myself

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Pashta » April 8th, 2006, 8:51 am

What a wonderful post and a wonderful thread of replies. :) Welcome, Doug! :hug:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Correcting screen name. I originally posted as Aviatorno1

Postby Aviatorno1 » April 12th, 2006, 2:59 pm

Update:

I originally posted as Aviatiorno1, but I am registered as SleeperNo1. So I'll post under that screen name from now on. I got the nickname Sleeper when I was in law school. I had an acute Vitamin B deficiency (Caused by the removal of my terminal illium (Crohn's) and went to sleep everyday. I now take periodic B12 shots to allevaite the deficiency.

It is Wednesday, March 12, 2006 at 4:50 p.m. As I write this post, I got up this orning and weighed . I am at 197. I am back in size 36 pants comfortable and can bend over to tiw my shoes without holding my breath. I have noticed the loss of weight in my face as well. I have more energy on 700 caloreis than I had on 3000. LOL.

As was predicted by you all, the hunger pangs have subsided. I am maintainng a slight sweet taste in my mouth which my pharmacist friend tells me is a signal that I am in ketosis. Yea!!!. A couple of times today, I got so busy that I forgot to eat on schedule. I am going to have to set an alarm to remember. Now that I am used to the slight hunger, it feels much better than the stuffed bloated feeling of a big meal. I feel like getting up and doing something. I have been more productive than I have been in several months at work. Is it increased self esteem? Yes. Is it less weight? Yes. Is it that my Crohn's is better controlled? Yes.

The other thing that I am most proud of is that I went with co workers to lunch at Burger King. I ate my meal replacement bar on the way and got a Diet Coke to drink while they ate Burger King. I love Burger King but I was able to confidently sit there and sip my diet coke while they ate. It is too important to give up now after the spectacular start that I have experienced.

I'm losing it and loving it. Dieting is a decision. I get up each morning and look in the mirror like they teach you in AA. I say to myself that I may fall off the wagon tomorrow but as far as today is concerned, I'm going to stay on the diet. Just for today. Then I get up the next day and do it again. Each day I succeed in doing that adds a little feather to my self esteem. The good thing about self esteem is that it builds geometrically. A little bit creates more and more.

Please give yourself the gift of this self esteem. All of us have faced so much in life. Promise me that, for today, you will stay on the diet and do what you are supposed to do. Just for today. Then get up tomorrow and promise yourself to do it again. If that is too long, make the promise morning and afternoon or hour by hour. Just make a promise to yourself and keep it. Even these little successes build on themselves. The way to eat an elephant is to eat it one bite at a time. You lose weight the same way, one minute at a time.
Aviatorno1

Postby Arklahoma » April 12th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Great Post, Doug! I like the way you think.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » April 12th, 2006, 3:28 pm

Great progress Doug,
Sounds like you're getting into the Medi-groove....:)

If you can decide on a screename and log in, I can get you added to the goal clubs.

Great post too.
Holler, if you need anything and keep us posted.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby lauradr » April 12th, 2006, 3:38 pm

Great post Doug!!! WTG On the weight loss---welcome to the team
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2006, 3:45 pm

Dear Sleeper ~

Thank you for sharing with us.

Yes, it is one day at a time, in fact it is three hours at a time – each time we make a shake (or have a bar, a soup packet, etc.) we are getting closer to our goal and healthier.

You mention the sweet taste in your mouth – that’s the sweet taste of Medi-success and of being in the fat-burning state (mild dietary ketosis), Sleeper!

Your increased :boing: energy is another indicator that you are in the fat-burning zone – isn’t it wonderful to be free from the cravings – your :drive: trip to Burlger King demonstrates that you are gaining :whip: control over food and that you no longer allow a bag of fries or a greasy gutbomb to entice you.

When we take in nutritionally balanced food and eliminate the empty calories, preservatives and the garbaĵe we used to eat, our body seems to heal itself and function the way it should. No medications can make us feel this good - the only side effects we have is a thinnin' waistline and improved health! Isn’t this freeing? :thumbup:

Keep on keeping on…
:cheers:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lizabette » April 12th, 2006, 5:04 pm

DOUG,

You are already a 'success story'. Twelve (12) pounds gone already! You are eligible for the 10# Club and have barely started. (Unca can help with that)

If you have done this well in a little over a week, what will it be after 90 days?

We're not sure where you want to be on your weight chart, but you are going to get there fast. We do have Health Advisors who can guide you with that.

Can't wait to meet you in pictures! Maybe you can find a "before" picture to post on the STUDIO Forum before you get too skinny!

We are so happy for you, and look forward to your posts and further success!

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby falisamarie » April 12th, 2006, 9:00 pm

Wonderful post!

Congrats on your loss so far

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club