Hungry!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Hungry!

Postby anewme2006 » February 12th, 2006, 2:43 pm

Hello all. I have been on Medifast for about a month, and have lost 25 pounds so far. I find myself really hungry, especially on the weekends. I don't stray from the plan per se, I just find myself eating too much lean and green. Any tips on ways to combat this hunger? I need to lose about 125 MORE pounds! Thanks.
anewme2006
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 12th, 2006, 3:12 pm

Hi there! I think what you may be experienceing is head hunger which I seem to experience too and also like you it is usually on the weekends. I think that the weekends are harder because for me personally the family is around and it always seems that someone is eating. During the week I am usually by myself for the better part of the day so I don't struggle as much. What you may want to try is to have some legal snacks around for the weekend and when that hunger hits go ahead and have a snack. I have heard that the Fast Soups and Medifast crackers are great for snacks. I personally use either sugar free jello cups or a dill pickle. Not a personal fan of celery but that is another legal snack you can try or maybe a cup of boullion when the hungries hit.

Lisa :goteam: :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DogMa » February 12th, 2006, 3:32 pm

You can also have an extra shake or pudding or whatever if you're hungry - but if it's mainly on weekends, it sounds like it's not REAL hunger. Although you might look at what's different on weekends - do you spread your meals out further apart than you do during the week? Are you not as busy? Are you around food more? Finding out what's triggering the hunger might help you stop it.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ktrout » February 12th, 2006, 4:01 pm

I have the same problem on the weekends and I try to combat it by going down to my workshop in the basement and getting out of the kitchen/first floor of the house. This is having a double benifit of keeping me from snacking and I'm getting all sorts of projects done in my shop.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to The Weight Room