Hungry?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hungry?

Postby aphrael » August 9th, 2005, 10:32 am

Hello everyone

Today is a dreary, gray, and rainy day. While we need the rain it certainly isn't helping me much today. It is that TOTM and work is slow. My mind keeps telling me I'm hungry even though I just had some Medi-Chili. Quite a bit of it too since I added too much water so I added an extra fast soup to it to thicken it up. So my stomach feels full but my mind keeps thinking food food food. Anyone else been here? Stuck at work so you can't just pull out a book and read or do a puzzle, is raining so I can't take a quick walk. Strange how inactivity can make you think you are hungry. And of course all I am craving is food I know is bad for me. My husband keeps reminding me we have a nice non-medifast dinner planned for Saturday night so I am trying to stay focused on that. I mean I have gone this long without cheating surly another 4 days wont kill me. I guess the weather and work just has me down and I am losing motivation.
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby want2Bthin » August 9th, 2005, 12:37 pm

Aphrael-

Sorry your having a hard day. :-P I think we all suffer from the hungries every now & again. I don't mean to be a party pooper about your "non-Medifast" meal you have planned but I guess I am going to be. You are doing so great on your weight loss so far. :kool: Just remember that something as simple as one piece of fruit can throw you out of the fat burning process. Look at it like this, once you go off the program you basically are risking about one week of weight loss. Plus you have to go through the process of getting back into ketosis. :hammerhead1: You are a big girl & can make your own decisions but I justed wanted to give you some food for thought.

Take care,
Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby martha » August 9th, 2005, 8:48 pm

APHRAEL--

YES we do have those days..and the rainy dreary days don't help..Today I made a chocolate cake for dessert as well as cooking supper..I wanted a piece sooo bad ..I was circling this thing like a buzzard over dead road kill.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I smelled it and smelled it and cut it into pieces and then quickly wrapped them up and gave them away..along with all of the supper except my mom's plate..saved a few pieces under the cake plate and since then haven't wanted it at all. The mood just came out of nowhere and then left in the same way..I had a chocolate shake (frozen ) and it was soo good..
I am like Angelia-- why break your program and have to go through all the withdrawals again? I would choose a good lean and green and just stick it out.. :mrgreen: I am scared if I stop I won't get back on program for at least a week and the way I cook around here maybe longer :oops: I hope tomorrow is better for you..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mytime » August 9th, 2005, 9:01 pm

Sorry you had such a tough day ! Been there. At work I chew Trident bubble gum - seems to help. You mentioned your upcomming dinner and I know for myself - and again just me - but when I plan something like that and have it to look forward to it kind of makes staying on plan harder for me. It is like why wait until Saturday - that and just knowing the meal is coming makes my head start running with the what ifs of it all. Also, the weather effects my mood in the worst way - it is sun for me or yikes - so I really get the rain part. In my family like everything else - my mom used to cook for it - I won't say what, but she used to make lots of "comfort food" I like to now think of it as padding food. The bottom line though is that you came to the site.This is why we are here - to try and help and to create a distraction ! So SUPER GREAT JOB !!! Hope tomorrow and the rest of the week treats you well. HANG IN THERE Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.