HUGE NSV!!! And a new beginning,

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

HUGE NSV!!! And a new beginning,

Postby Disney Mike » August 27th, 2006, 6:44 am

As a few of you know, I live in East Texas and was ravaged by Hurricane Rita last September. It was an ordeal with me being seperated from my wife and two boys for 17 days while I got things back to order at the house and stayed very busy with work.

We have some rental property and one in Port Arthur was destroyed, completely demolished. It was worth about $79K and now the new tax records show $5K. Anyhow, the insurance was not paying and stated I had no coverage for windstorm, but I have two Dec Pages that showed I did have coverage for the property.

Well, Long story into a short one,,We were going to court and filing suit and they did not want to do battle in a sympathetic courtroom here in East Texas.

As I was trying on new camo for an upcoming hunting trip, my phone rang at 10am on Friday and it was my attorney,,,It seems they have had a change of heart and are offering a nice settlement, enough to pay it off, pay my attorney, and put a nice chunk in my pocket.

This deal has been hanging over our heads for almost a year and we were in a holding pattern until this situation was resolved, not too mention losing about 10% of our income a month and still paying a mortgage on the damaged property.

Needless to say, we had a nice lunch at Pappasitos(Mexican) and met friends for dinner that night, and then had a couple of bottles of wine while sitting in the pool and jacuzzi. The frivolity continued on Saturday with another trip to Houston to look at a new ride for the wife, thankfully she wants to hold off, she likes her Surburban, lol. We had another meal out and took the kids to play and had a great day.

We met friends for dinner that night and it is a couple we travel to Disney with and do a lot dining out with as well, or used to, lol. I see the husband once a week at least for lunch but his wife has not seen me in new clothes since the weight loss. She and I were sitting at the table and she just kept staring and kept apologizing, she just could not get over how much I have changed, that was nice too.

Sunday, this morning, I am back on track and hitting it hard with no stop until the loss is complete. I have a big hunting trip this Labor Day weekend and I plan to stay on track.

The last 14 weeks have been a whirlwind of change, I have lost 55.3#, got a new job starting Sept 5, and now lost the huge weight of this Hurricane issue. We can finally start making some serious progress in our lives, and finally get started in the direction of a new home, either building or buying.
"I am happier than a tornado in a trailer park."
'Mater, Cars - 2006

There are three types of people in the world; Those that make things happen, Those that watch what happened, and Those that wonder "What Happened?"
Disney Mike
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby JeepGirl » August 27th, 2006, 7:14 am

That is awesome Mike! Congrats on the settlement! I know how much of a relief that is. I honestly can see why you would celebrate!!
Ohh and I looooove Pappasitos! Yumm!!

Good to see that you are back on track--Keep up the good work!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby VictoriousNat » August 27th, 2006, 7:19 am

Congrats Mike!! I am so happy for you and your family! Glad you are back on track full force. No pressure now...but you folks are my inspiration. You dust yourself off and start again. Years ago I quit WW because I gained 7lbs on vacation in Barbados and was too ashamed to weigh in. I know, silly, silly girl.

Good luck this week, Mike! Have a great Labor Day Hunting trip!!
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby dede4wd » August 27th, 2006, 12:42 pm

Mike,
I am so happy for you! What a weight off your shoulders! Good NSV too!
I'm hitting it hard as well, I can't believe how easy it was for me to fall into old habits...not stopping until I'm done and maintaining effortlessly, let's roll!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Prancer » August 27th, 2006, 1:26 pm

What a stressful situation. Congratulations on things getting settled and finally being able to make some progress with your life.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Arklahoma » August 27th, 2006, 3:04 pm

So glad all of that's behind you.
Best of Luck!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Drama Queen » August 28th, 2006, 2:49 pm

Mike,

Congratulations on the settlement. That must be a tremendous load off your shoulders. Great NSV too!!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to The Weight Room