Help, this is the second day that I am blowing it!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Help, this is the second day that I am blowing it!

Postby lan » January 14th, 2006, 4:38 pm

I am off the wagon and am hating it!

Any words of wisdom to help me get back on?

In the last two days, I have been eating cheese, salted nuts, bacon, fried eggs, corn chips!

This is the first time in seven months that I have gone off the wagon and am binging.

Please help!

Lan
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » January 14th, 2006, 4:56 pm

Hey Lan......it's ok. For whatever reason you were obviously craving salt!! You are going to blow up like a balloon with all that salt sweetie........but hey........you OBVIOUSLY needed some salt :shock: So you've had it........now STOP!! Drink as much water as you can absolutely muster for the rest of the night.......get up in the morning and just pick up where you left off. You might see the scales go up a bit after this binge because of all the salt......I would retain fluid like a swimming pool after that........but it will go away. You don't have to go to the back of the line for having a horrible day thank goodness. You haven't undone all your hard work.....and you haven't failed.......and you don't have to start all over.......and you haven't done anything that is going to change the rest of your life. You had a sucky day and you let it all get a bit out of control........it happens. All you have to do is drink a bunch of water and perhaps consider going to bed early to stop the madness. But tomorrow will be fine and you just don't do it again!!!

I will suggest adding some pickles and perhaps some celery with salt here and there to keep this craving down. You are allowed these things and they could help this from happening again.

I went on this crazy spin for a while where I was sneaking pretzels. I couldn't stop myself.......those little bitty sticky pretzels. It was like 6 little pretzels a night. I got in the habit of it. I finally just had to STOP THE MADNESS and realize what I was doing. You OBVIOUSLY see the problem......you came here instead of ordering up another side of pig lol SO I figure you're half way there at this point. You'll be fine.

Now go drink some water and stay out of the kitchen!!

Hugs,
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 14th, 2006, 5:08 pm

Hi Lan,
I think Christi may have hit it right on the head. Your body may be telling you, you need some salt.

Something else to try might be the MF fast soups or some bullion.
Let us know how you make out.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby LilMsTexas » January 14th, 2006, 5:29 pm

yeah I forget about the boullion soups and fast soups because I've never really used them. But I know lots of people swear by them and really help them when they need salt.

I for one make my hamburger patty at night for my L & G......throw on a nip of mustard and some pickle slices. That really gets my salty craving taken care of and it keeps me honest.
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby lan » January 14th, 2006, 5:38 pm

Thanks for the replies, Lil' Miss Texas and Unca Tim!

I am feeling better already. I think it did me good to confess!

I have a big glass of water in hand--am reading through the posts--and feeling the commitment coming back strong.

What a joy it is to have friends we do not even really know.

Thanks again!

Lan
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. - Henry David Thoreau

lan
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Binge eating

Postby cognitivethinker » January 14th, 2006, 9:00 pm

Lan - You may have been craving salt but I think it was more an issue of deprivation thinking. This is a common factor for those of us who suffer from a lifetime of dieting. There is a common thread among our thinking that whispers in our head while we are controlling our caloric intake. That voice is always a liar and it usually tells us that we'll never have the foods again that we enjoy eating. More importantly than eating more salt and drinking more water, it's really important that you become very concious of your thinking so that you can speak the truth to the voice that whispers (and sometimes screams) in our heads. Tell yourself that you are totally in control of your life. You hold the power not the food. If and when you choose to partake of the foods that you consider tasty, it will be on your terms and in a controlled amount. I remind myself everyday that I will once again eat in moderation, the foods that I enjoy. I won't eat for the sake of eating or emotional blanketing but rather for the enjoyment of nourishing my body without excess. Good luck and congnitive thinking to you Lan! :D
cognitivethinker

Postby horsey girl » January 15th, 2006, 1:40 pm

Lan, YUM!!! Oh. That's not very helpful, is it? I'm just fantasizing this morning. Sorry. I did the same thing as you after Christmas. Now it's time to buckle down and get serious again. I look at it this way. God willing in 6 months I will be 6 months older. The time will pass, like it or not. It's up to me if I will be skinnier or not. I will still be older! :x I certainly know what I want to be in 6 months. Thinner! The cheese and salt will be there when I'm ready. :) Cheers.
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to The Weight Room