help

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

help

Postby rayray » May 27th, 2006, 7:39 pm

This has been a rough weekend, with my graduation and all, i had to work today and i was able to only eat a bite of eggs that the kids cooked for my graduation breakfast (the boys shelter didnt know i was on a diet and i didnt want to hurt the kids feelings, the 9 year old almost cried when i said wast gonna eat) then my mom had ordered pizza for dinner and i had a salad, and a bite of a piece of pizza (which wasnt worth it at all) so it looks like tomorrow i am starting over and i feel like im gonna need some support. I know i have support but sometimes its really hard. The thing i think that drives me bananas is when i am around ppl when people are around me and all they talk about is the diet!!!!!!!!!! when all they talk about is the food and what not it make me just want to cheat and say eff it!!! i mean this is something that i am doing for me and i want to be sucessful but there is more to me that just this and i dont always wanna talk about the diet! sometimes i would just like to talk, Do any of ya'll ever feel this way? maybe im just being hormonal!!!!!!!
rayray
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Hi Ray Ray

Postby dede4wd » May 27th, 2006, 9:39 pm

First of all, I hope you had a blast at graduation!

I'm sorry about the tough week! I understand how tough it is. But, tomorrow is another day and the good thing is we can just start over when we slip.

I TOTALLY understand not always wanting to talk about the program...I understand it's conversation (how I'm doing, if I'm succeeding, if it's not hard to cheat, etc), but I want to talk about other things...the weather, hockey, ANYTHING BUT THE program. It's gotten worse the more weight I've lost. I enjoy talking about it A LOT more because people shoving food in my face doesn't affect me anymore. A lot of people are waiting to see if I fail. They're changing their tune now that I'm not failing!

I hope tomorrow is better for you and post if you need anything!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rayray » May 27th, 2006, 9:56 pm

thanks! i think thats just what i needed to hear, i mean the program is just part of me, there is a lot else about me to talk about. I still get bothered a little when people shove food in my face, but its getting easier!! but thanks for the encouraging words!
rayray
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby Lulie » May 27th, 2006, 10:19 pm

Don't worry about it. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try again. I used to tell my daughter that all the time. Now remind me of that when I need to hear it! LOL

Just get back on plan and go from there.

Isn't weird how people want to "help" us by shoving food in our faces? My grandma used to get offended if someone came to her house and didn't eat! But then she would tell you that you needed to lose some weight, etc. She was a killer. Believe me she didn't do it to be mean, it was just her way. It would have been hard to refuse the ones at the shelter. Maybe next time you could bring along a MF meal of some kind like in an thermos and eat that with them to save yourself going off plan again.

Hang in there. There is a great group of people here to help.
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby falisamarie » May 28th, 2006, 6:49 am

rayray~

Congratulation first of all on your graduation. I am glad to hear that you are doing better!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby monz » May 28th, 2006, 7:54 am

Congratulation Grad! :cheers:

I'm sorry you had a tough week! I too had a very tough week myself, one birthday, two engagements last week and two graduations this coming week. So I know how you feel, from all the posts I learned, the important thing is to remember WHYs you're in this program to begin with, write down all the reasons post them somewhere to remind yourself WHY. What past is past, get up and start over and take it one week at a time. There always gonna be people around you that will try to discourage you, just think that those are test that you have to pass, after that you'll be graduated for it and be rewarded. :D

Good luck and come in here offen, I'm glad I did, and I know I wouldn't have stick with it, if is not for those awsome folks in here. :D
5'3"
217/200/125

monz
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Guest » May 28th, 2006, 8:00 am

In this present day society, where obesity is on the increase, it is difficult for some people to realize that we want to do something about our weight and not join in the masses, who have suddenly been given pseudo 'permission' to gain weight because so many people are doing just that in America, what with 'super-sizing', added stress with the world situation, whatever. We are taking control, and some individuals cannot understand why we are dieting, as food is their primary mindset, comfort and solace. Many of those who constantly offer us food, or constantly talk about the diet, are trying most likely, showing their love and interest in us, in their own way. The few that do try to sabotage our efforts are there, but very few. We can simply tell them what we want and that is, if they want to show us their love, they will support what we do, and if we do not wish to discuss our diets, then kindly ask them to refrain from 'diet talk' until we are ready to talk about it. It is good to assure them, that our love will always be there for them, too, regardless of our physical 'image' changes.

If someone pays me a compliment that I have lost weight, I graciously say thank you and go on to another irrelevant subject. They will get the message in a kind way. And, when a few don't get it, I simply say I am trying to eat the right foods and get healthy. That usually does it. I am looking at doing MF as my personal agenda for now, and like many have said, I really don't want to discuss it with anyone. To this day, I have not mentioned MF to anyone in that 'outside of this forum' world!! Much success to all who are doing great with the program!
Joan

Return to The Weight Room