Help!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Help!!!

Postby lauradr » February 24th, 2006, 7:44 am

started exerciseing and I am soooo hungry what do I do
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby falisamarie » February 24th, 2006, 7:45 am

Laura

Try adding an additional shake and see if that helps. I have seen on here that quite a few people add a shake when they begin an exercise program.

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Marseilles » February 24th, 2006, 7:54 am

That would also be my suggestion along with amping up your water intake. If you feel sluggish or lightheaded, Id add some boullion. It'll make sure you are not losing much needed sodium when you build up a sweat. How much of a workout are you now doing? Please remember to only do moderate exercise, you are not consuming enough calories to go full force in a huge workout. Good luck with it!!

-M.
:)
Marseilles
Preferred member

Exercise

Postby Jan » February 24th, 2006, 12:47 pm

Hi there,
When you start exercise -- start it slowly and work up. I think we all think Whooo Hooo off to the gym and the pounds will be flying off. But, that is not always sooo true. Your body needs to adjust to the exercise so take it sloooow building up a little at a time. But never more than 45 minutes. That's about all the calories you have to insure you don't damage your muscle tissue. An extra shake is fine at first.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Gwenski » February 24th, 2006, 5:08 pm

As always wise Jan is correct and wise. It is hard to limit your quest for endorphine goodness BUT if you don't you are going to be starved, dehydrated and basically throwing yourself off kilter.

Try having a supplement such as a bar or oatmeal an hour before you workout and make sure to suck in the water before, during and after. Try having your L&G or another supplement shortly after you are done as well. Turns into perfect timing which is key anyhow!

Remember, we all had to learn to crawl before we learned to walk and then run...........be patient and a fast soup or boullion can help some too!
Gwenski

Began July 6, 2005 & Originally lost 131.19#'s
New Start Date: November 8, 2008
Gwenski

Return to The Weight Room