Help!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Help!!!

Postby lauradr » January 29th, 2006, 8:28 am

:D
Last edited by lauradr on November 27th, 2006, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby ljm498 » January 29th, 2006, 8:51 am

Laura, first of all, take a quick look back and figure out what happened and devise a plan for future occurences. Then, once you have done that, look forward to getting through the next two or three days to get you back into ketosis. You know once you're back in the groove of things the hunger will go away and once you see the scale moving again you will get a huge amount of motivation back. You were able to get through the hunger once, you CAN do it again, and you will! Remember, have an extra shake or meal if you are having extreme hunger, or a legal snack. Just stick to the plan and you will get through. Trust me, it's happened to just about all of us. It IS scary to feel this way, I can completely empathize with you. But all is certainly not lost. And one thing that helped me through is what I said to MYSELF. Instead of focusing on how scared I was that I won't be able to get it back together, I said to myself, I CAN do this! I WILL do this. At first it sounds phony, but say it enough and it will be real and you will believe it.

Good luck! You've done so well so far and will continue!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 29th, 2006, 8:58 am

Hey Laura! :hug: I will tell you what the wonderful Lauren told me. This is a journey. On any journey there are pit stops, bathroom breaks, sometimes there's even a flat tire! The key is to keep going!

My hubby and I went out and celebrated his birthday Friday. We decided to not call it a "cheat" because that would turn a nice celebration into a negative. We just allowed ourselves to enjoy the day and part of that enjoyment was food that was not on the plan. (we didn't gorge tho). WELL, let me tell you...yesterday was pure torture!!! We had a great time friday, but we had to pay for it yesterday. We stuck to it. We kept reminding ourselves that we had a good time but it was time to "get back on the road". So in a way, we feel it was a small victory for us. Friday didn't send us careening (sp?) into a ditch, it was a pitstop in our journey and we're back on track better than ever!!!

SO, don't look at this as a cheat. Look at this as an opportunity for victory! You are doing SOOOOO great!!!!! Learn from this and move on. You can do this! We're all here routing for you!!!! :cleader:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » January 29th, 2006, 9:37 am

Like everyone else said, YOU CAN DO IT!!!! You have done it before and you can do it this time. Everytime you have the urge to eat something not on the plan just think about weigh in day and remember "Don't sacrifice what you want most for something you want right now" I read that here on the forum somwhere and it has helped me through more than one craving!!!

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

getting back on track

Postby LAwoman » January 29th, 2006, 9:57 am

Good morning lauradr.

Well, I can certainly empathize with you. After losing 60+ lbs. last spring/summer, I just couldn't get back on track. I maintained all summer, but come fall, I started gaining the weight back and by Jan., 40 lbs. were back.

I really had to think about all the reasons I started MF last March. I went back and looked at my daily MF intake, which showed of course I could do it. I thought about how great, both physically and mentally, I felt as the pounds came off and that I wanted that feeling again. AND, I REALLY WANT TO REACH GOAL!!!

I picked up the book Nancy often recommends at the library two weeks ago, Food is Easy, Life is Hard. I'm reading it a little at a time, absorbing what she says and applying it to my life. I would recommend this book to help you figure out why you're doing what you do, which will get you back on track.

You have done great Laura. Look at you, 50+lbs. lighter. You absolutely can do this if you want to do this. Picture yourself this summer, fit and fabulous, wearing whatever you want, running around with the ability to do whatever you want. GO GIRL GO!!!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » January 29th, 2006, 1:14 pm

What everyone else said. :)

Plus, if you feel like you're starving, make sure to have the bouillon or the pickles or whatever other allowed snacks you like. And if you're desperate, have an extra Medi-meal.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room