HELP!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

HELP!!

Postby lauradr » October 8th, 2005, 6:32 am

Help, I had a bad day yesterday :x I did good all day but last night I was so hungry i had oatmeal but than I ate 2 bars and I know that was bad, :x Here was what I ate.
7am Oatmeal
11am shake
2pm soup
5pm Salmon salad w/ fat free ranch
8pm shake
10pm oatmeal and 2 bars
I have done so good I don't want this to happen again any help please the only thing I did different was I tried the Appetite Suppression shake at 8pm the first one I have ever had
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby mama2benandrachel » October 8th, 2005, 7:01 am

Hi Lauradr,

Don't get discouraged! Try having something hot at night. I have a soup or chili at night. I don't see where you are allowing yourself any snack. After I have my soup or chili, I have been having my "dessert". Three stalks of celery diced with about 1 TBSP on SF DaVinci Green Apple syrup. It tastes like a Granny Smith apple (thanks Nancy for that tip!)

I also save at least 16 oz of water to have at night with my MF meal and snack. I have to get up in the night once or twice, but I'm not feeling hungry at all!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Two bars

Postby Jan » October 8th, 2005, 8:14 am

Hi Lauradr,

I would suggest you get some Robust Tomato fast soup if you are not diabetic and like tomato soup. It is a freebie. It fills up the tummy. Also I like to drink hot herb or decalf tea in the evening. I don't know if we evening eaters are really hungry or just falling back into an old habit patterns. It helps though, to have your tummy full of hot liquids. I generally don't have to get up for a BR run in the night even with the tea, but you may. YOu could try making "apple pie" out of the oatmeal too.
Use sugar free apple cider mix along with the water -- make the oatmeal thick -- then when it's cooked sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy. Eat it slowly.
You'll do fine -- don't let those extra bars cause you any problems. I know someone who sat down and ate the whole box of bars at once!! She is happily losing pounds again. Just can't have those bars in her house for awhile!!
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » October 8th, 2005, 10:55 am

Hello, Laurdr ~

I see something that may have set you off. You had a 4 hour gap between your 7 AM Oatmeal and your 11 AM shake. Then you stuck to the three hour interval for the rest of the time and a two hour interval from your shake and oatmeal-bar-bar.

It was better to have two bars than a dish of ice cream so give yourself some credit over that choice.

Remind yourself that for cars to run efficiently, they need proper fueling. You may have been running on fumes by the time you had your 11 AM shake and it could have set you up for later hunger.

When we are taking medicine it is important to take it in the proper doses at the proper time. Our Medifast is sort of like that, too. Lauradr, there were times when I was on the weight loss phase and I felt so hungry, it didn't happen often but when it did, it was a super strong hunger sensation. I had to do everything within my power to prevent myself from going overboard. I drank a lot of herbal tea. It always seemed to me that when the hunger twangy came, I was on the verge of losing a pound or two and it was like a super duper reward for not giving in to my foody urges.

Don't eat bars at night, Little Darlin' - way too carby for late in the day or early in the day scarfing. Have a bar after 10 AM and before 5 PM. Some people can handle an evening bar and not have their weight loss slow down or trigger more foody urges, others pay dearly for devouring bars at night.

Making a shake in the blender with lots of ice and then popping it in the freezer for a while to make it like ice cream can be satisfying, too because of the larger volume.

I'm with you, Jan - something warm is always more satisying to me and that's why I have Medifast Oatmeal or Chai Latte as a night cap.

I woke up at 3:30 AM the last few mornings starving - I had a French Vanilla RTD under the covers and went right back to sleep.

You'll make it - just take very good care of yourself, keep your eye o the clock and eat on time - try every 2.5 hours and see if that improves things for you.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby betz » October 9th, 2005, 9:20 am

Ohhh, I'd be in big trouble if I ate my bar at night. It recalls all the evenings I spent with a pint of icecream or a bag of junk food. In fact, I've learned to stop thinking of the bar as a "treat" and instead, I think of it as a "meal on the go when a shake isn't convenient".

I get into trouble when I do the food as a reward thing.

One of the things I thought when I read your post, lauradr, is (as nancy already said) at least you stuck to the MF stuff and didn't opt for something else. :)

Many of my evenings end with a steaming cup of that chai latte. I blend the heck out of it in the blender with extra water. I heat it to steaming and pour it into my favorite teapot. I get several cups out of one packet with the extra water and all that blending (air).

Good luck, Lauradr, I'm sure you'll be back on schedule tomorrow :)
betz
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.