hello

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

hello

Postby pennyh » March 16th, 2006, 3:54 pm

Hello,my name is penny and i got my kit and started on 2-24. I have gone from 206 to 191 in two weeks and this last week have been going 191-192-191-192.I have been reading on this site for a couple of months and have learned alot but I nned to know if maybe a few pieces of carrots in my salad is what has messed up my weight loss. also i was so hungry one day i had about ten peanuts after the salad incident. i am 5 ft 4 in and 32 years old and have hypothyroid with my thyroid removed.i hoped to lose 20-25 the first month. any comments would be appreciated.Thanks
pennyh

Postby Pashta » March 16th, 2006, 4:15 pm

Hi there, I'm new too but I know that eating anything with too many carbs or sugar will stop the ketosis (weight loss). Peanuts are high in carbs and sugar, and so are carrots. There is a list with approved vegetables, I suggest sticking to it and you will succeed!! :)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi Penny!

Postby dede4wd » March 16th, 2006, 4:48 pm

I just joined, but I'm REALLY serious about this program! If it isn't on my "allowed" list, I don't eat it! I kind of laughed when I read your post because last night, I was picking the carrots out of my salad mix (because I bought the wrong kind!) My personal philosophy is that I don't eat it if it's not on the plan. Period. All that stuff will be there when I'm off the program (in moderation, of course! Tee hee!)

I just wanted to say welcome, join the forums as a member if you like and don't worry about what is past. Make SURE you drink ALL your water and don't go too long between meals.

Also, if you're worried about whether you're not doing something right, post a thread over on the weight loss or the success/failure forum with what you eat and when and some of the experts and people who have been doing it for a while will let you know if they see anything we can't! It helped me a lot just by reading what people say about people's menus!

As for the thyroid stuff, I've also read a lot from people who have these things, but I can't help you. You're doing great!!!!!!

Good luck!

Glad you're here!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » March 16th, 2006, 5:19 pm

Pennyh

Welcome to the forum :byebye: You seem to be doing well but I will say that I too am meticulous about this program. I can tell you that more than once I have picked carrots and bacon out of my salad. I might also suggest that next time instead of reaching for the nuts grab a legal MF snack to get you through to your next meal.

Don't worry this is quite a change and thus is a learning process!

Congrats on your weight loss so far! I can't wait to read more on how you are doing.

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby lauradr » March 16th, 2006, 8:54 pm

Welcome so glade your here
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Drama Queen » March 16th, 2006, 9:02 pm

Hi Pennyh,

Welcome to the team. You have made a wonderful decision to start MF. And you have found this Forum, which is just AWESOME for support, knowlege and encouragement. Stick with the plan, drink your water and keep posting and you can't help but lose!! And feel great in the process!!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby ascicles » March 16th, 2006, 9:07 pm

The carrots are most likely the problem. They contain natural sugar which will throw your out of ketosis and hinder your weight loss (generally throwing your body into starvation mode). I don't know how many you had, but I would suggest eliminating them from this point on.
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Joelie » March 17th, 2006, 5:51 am

Hi Penny...and Image
Joelie

thanks

Postby pennyh » March 17th, 2006, 7:35 am

thanks to everyone . ill just ask for lettuce only when i dine out. i am going to drive to universal studio from birmingham al today with my husband daughter 10 son 2 and mother in law and her dog so i hope to stay on the program since we will be gone a week. cant wait to get back and see how everyone is doing.
pennyh

Postby Nancy » March 17th, 2006, 5:27 pm

Hi, Penny ~

I hope that you have a great trip and be sure to take along your Medifast with you. It will be a challenge to stick to your three hour meal schedule when you're traveling but do your very best to not skip packets - it will prevent you from going out of control.

:shock: Uh, oh! They are right - No peanuts...no carrots. A lot of the bagged salads do have carrots in them. Just a few orange sprinkles in a serving of salad ought not to throw your program completely out the window but they are not the best thing to eat during the weight loss phase. I picked them out when I was served carrots when I was on the weight loss phase.

Try not to get too hung up on the daily weight fluctuations. Many people have a weird weight loss result their third week on the program. We usually are not daily losers; some people are but most are not. Weekly weighing is probably a better way to go but I can certainly understand daily weighing. Honestly, I leaped on the scale every single time I went potty...we had two scales and let me tell ya, THAT truly made me nutz... :nana:

If you are taking synthroid or some other Rx for thyroid, it is best to not have any soy products with your medication. If you take your med in the morning, we recommend that you wait 2 hours before having a soy-based meal packet. It is okie dokie to have a whey-based packet such as the Cappuccino, Chai Latte, Hot Cocoa, Peach or Raspberry Iced Tea (these may be made as hot tea and not just eaten 'iced.'), the Cranberry Mango (also wonderful heated) or the Tropical Fruit Punch or one of the Creamy Soups. Some people take their thyroid med at bedtime or take it if they get up super early to go to the sandbox and then go back to bed for a while.

Have a gladsome time with your family! :hug:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Return to Come on in.