Hello :)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello :)

Postby Heifzilla » January 27th, 2006, 6:34 pm

I joined a few days ago and figured I'd intro myself.

My name is Lesa and I am a stay at home mom of two boys, ages 3 and 5. I gained the majority of my weight from being pregnant, and I just have not been able to get rid of it. I have tried dieting on my own and WW but I needed something that was mindless and reasonably easy. Plus, I wanted it to be fast because I am all about instant gratification. Losing slowly is wonderful, but if I don't get results pretty quickly I lose interest and fall off the wagon.

I got my MediFast stuff this past Tuesday and started on Wednesday. I knew I was going to do this so while I waited for the Medifast stuff I was doing Slimfast and I lost 3 pounds between Sunday morning and Tuesday. I have lost 4 lbs since starting the Medifast on Wednesday. These are awesome results and a very good motivation.

I would like to get down to around 155 lbs. That is a very good weight for me, but I would be very happy to just get down to my pre-preg weight of 170, too.

It has been hard for me to stay OP because I love to eat and this is very limiting. I am truly sick of weighing this much, and the fact is that I am starting to show issues related to obesity, such as high BP. Diabetes and heart disease runs in my family, too, so it is only a matter of time unless I get my weight under control.

Thanks for reading :)
241/234.5/155

Heifzilla

Postby LovenElvis » January 27th, 2006, 6:58 pm

Welcome Heifzilla! :wave:

It's a rough few days, but I'll tell ya about day 4 or 5, I felt so much better. Today is day 8 for me and I'm having a blast figuring out what do with my meals each day.

You have found a GREAT group :hug:

If there are every any questions, this is the place to do it!

Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Trixie » January 30th, 2006, 8:29 am

Welcome Heifzilla! You've done an great thing for yourself deciding to use Medifast. Just stick to the plan and keep coming back here for inspiration. You'll be dropping more lbs in no time!
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby 5eh » January 30th, 2006, 10:05 am

Welcome!

Way to go on your losses already!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Keep up the good work!
Start: 1/16/06
Goals: 307 287 267 247 237 227 207 202 197 192 187 182 180
5eh
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Drama Queen » January 30th, 2006, 10:59 am

Welcome Heifzilla,

Congratulations on the 7 pounds so far. I just ended my first week and I cannot believe the energy I have! Doing this for your health is absolutely the best reason. I too have heart disease and diabetes in my family history and getting healthy was my big motivator. Keep following the plan, drinking your water and coming back to the forum whenever you need a little lift or encouragement.

Keep Shakin',
Drama Queen
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 30th, 2006, 11:41 am

Welcome heifzilla!!! :bighug: Welcome to the club! We're all here to cheer you on :cleader: and support you :buddies: in your efforts!!! feel free to ask questions :?: and vent frustrations :x We're here for you!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Limited

Postby Jan » January 30th, 2006, 11:50 am

Hi There,
Scroll right down the forum to "lean Cuisine" There you'll finds lots and lots of recipes and ideas of how to change things around a bit. :D And, the longer you are on program the easier it becomes. Soon you'll be having a great time "spicing" things up. Lots and lots of variety that way and It is all soooooo gooooood for you. You'll be a MF Chef in no time. :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.