Hello

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello

Postby MelissaCo5183 » May 15th, 2005, 5:44 pm

Hi my name is Melissa and I am 21 years old and I weigh about 240 pounds at only 5'4 tall. I have been trying to diet and nothing really seems to be a long-term thing. But I have been reading about this for about 2 weeks now and I was just wondering what do the shakes taste like it, is it really hard to get going and what are everyone thoughts about it??
MelissaCo5183
First Post

Thoughts about M.F.

Postby Jan » May 15th, 2005, 6:32 pm

Dear Melissa, Everyone has a favorite "shake". They don't taste like ice-cream shakes to me but more like chocolate or vanilla milk which is sweet. We "doctor" the shakes alot too -- go to lean cuisine on the forum and you'll find lots of recipes-- one of my favorites is a vanilla shake mixed with diet rootbeer -- YUM :D :idea: Medifast is a VERY effective way to lose weight -- if you follow the program exactly there is no way you can't lose weight!! It's really easy to follow-- very simple -- with quite a bit of variety. The first 3 days or so are the hardest as your body adapts. But, you'll have lots of support -- both from the forum and your individual health advisor ( I always call my clients everyday for the first 3 days to get them off to a good start -- I think the other H.A.s do this as well.) You need to decide if you really want to lose the weight -- not just think it would be nice but really want to. If you really want to M.F. will work for you!! It is very much worth the effort -- lots and lots of people on the forum will tell you this as well.
You CAN do it, and so can I
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » May 16th, 2005, 12:00 am

Melissa ~

You said that you have been trying to diet without long-term results.

Diets don't work - they are usually done for a set period of time and then people return to their former eating habits. When they do (return to their former eating habits), the pounds return, too.

For weight loss to be permanent and for weight to be maintained, it takes more than "trying" to diet - it takes permanent life style changes, not just TRYING but actually DOING.

Medifast shakes and products taste great - I wouldn't have eaten them daily for two years and 10 months if they didn't taste good! :bib:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 16th, 2005, 2:42 pm

Melissa~~So glad you found us. I love the shakes......and I love to jazz them up with DaVinci SF Syrups. I like to mix mine in the Magic Bullet. I think they taste great.

Was it hard to get going? I would say NO. Once you make up your mind to do this and commit to it, following the plan really is very easy. MF has taken all of the guess work out of what should I eat to lose weight. I love this plan.

Nancy is right. Diets don't work. I am living proof of that. I have always blamed the diet when I failed............but I have had to come to the realization that I am to blame, not the diet.

I decided to change that by changing my lifestyle.......and by changing the way I eat. MF has helped make that possible. This forum helps make that possible also. As I continue on my MF journey, I am beginning to see why I have failed in the past.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » May 16th, 2005, 6:00 pm

melissa..........all the supplements taste awesome!!!!!!..... :boing: ...Even if they tasted like dogfood..... :tongue: .....if they were healthy and I would lose weight I would still take them..... :secret: .....if you want to lose weight the healthy easy way........don't give it a second thought... :no: ....call up........order up.......and shake it up...... :yay: .....
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

You can loose weight on the Medifast/TSFL plan

Postby jdkinpa » May 16th, 2005, 6:45 pm

I just want to add my 2 cents. Medifast works, the shakes, soups, bars, and all the other products WORK. Plus its pretty much a no brainer on what you have to do. Just get with a TSFL health advisor and they will help you became the person you want to be. ;) Give it a try, you will not be sorry. :yes: you can do this!
Have a good one.

JDK

Male
5'9"
Goal Weight 185-190
jdkinpa

Postby Nancy » May 16th, 2005, 9:07 pm

Hey, good one, JDK and welcome to you, too!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby martha » May 17th, 2005, 4:48 am

Hi Melissa, I am new to Medifast also.. I love all of their products.. they taste great.. I especially love the chicken and wild rice soup.. and the dutch Chocolate shakes. now my husband swears by the banana blitz ones.. the hardest thing for me was worrying over the taste and thinking I couldn't live without EATTING, and CHEWING all day long.. Boy was I wrong.. this is the easiest and best tasting thing I have ever tried and I have tried them all over the years...I really feel GREAT on this and do not miss anything.. It is sooo easy to do and if you don't feel like eatting you can just have a shake and still be on program. I like to freeze mine and it is just like ice cream to me.. no bitter after taste like most protein shakes have.. It's great!!! Just remember to drink plenty of water and enjoy the ride...
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby fatBgone » May 17th, 2005, 6:12 am

Hi Melissa,
You've already heard from several of us, but I thought I would just tell you again.....don't worry about the tastes of the Medifast foods. I was skeptical before I ordered it also, but wanted to lose the weight sooo bad, that I was willing to do it even if they didn't taste very good. I - like you - read about it for a couple of weeks before I ordered and was so motivated by everyone's success, that I thought this just MIGHT work! I've also been on several other diets (some costing much more than this) and had very little success. Now I am on my way to being one of the Medifast success stories too.

All the foods are MUCH better than I had expected...my favorites are the chocolate shakes, banana & strawberry shake mixed together (save 1/2 for another meal), chili, chicken/rice soup, minestrone, maple sugar oatmeal, apple/cinnamon oatmeal, the fruit/nut bars, caramel nut bars, lemon bars. Actually there have only been a couple of things that I didn't like and everything else is either good - or really good. You can add spices to the soups to jazz them up a bit and add splenda to the oatmeals. Alot of people use sugar-free syrups in their shakes to come up with new flavors...I haven't tried that yet, but I probably will sooner or later....

Anyway, I encourage you to try it....also if you get a health advisor from here before you place your order (they're free - by the way - but invaluable) you can save $80 off of your first order. That's a special - and it might be ending 5/31....but not sure exactly if it's ongoing or not. Well, good luck & I hope you find the courage & strength to start your ride to Skinnytown!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.