Hello Newbie here...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello Newbie here...

Postby tink » May 11th, 2005, 8:43 am

:D I have been reading through these boards the past two days. I can't believe how many people are here cheering each other on. :cleader: I am so excited that I have this spot in cyber space. I want to loose NO I am going to loose 90 pounds and once and for all be at my ideal body weight. I am on day 3 of the plan and so far so good. I am enjoying some broth as I type. I didn't want to just a lurker so I decided to post so I can get all the great things from this board. I have been on a weight loss roller coaster my entire life and frankly the time has come for it to stop. I realize that I have to stop looking at the "thin" people who seem to stay that way effortlessly. It is time to stop being angry that I seem to have this obsession with food and the poor me why me syndrome that I can get so wrapped up in. My mother and father always have and still do struggle with weight issues. I don't want my children to do the same so I have to break the horrible cycle. I am so happy to have found a place that seems like it really cares about the people who are here! :hug:
tink
Trusted Member - #20 Club

tunbleweed

Postby tumbleweed » May 11th, 2005, 9:11 am

Hi tink!! Welcome! I come in here as often as I can sometimes not often enough, but I can totally relate to what your saying! You have a great way of looking at weight loss and I just know you will be a winner with your weight loss! Best of luck on your journey! :D
tumbleweed
Trusted Member - #100 Club
Trusted Member - #100 Club

Hi Tink

Postby Jan » May 11th, 2005, 9:19 am

Hi Tink
It's great to see you on the forum. I can relate to your thoughts about thin people who can eat anything. :x :x I happened to be married to one!! He can and does eat ANYTHING he wants right in front of me. But thats "ok" I've learned to just smile, look at his BALD head and say "Thank you Lord I don't have that problem" It's much easier to lose weight than to regrow hair. :D :D
Jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby tink » May 11th, 2005, 9:26 am

That is so funny! My husband - the exact same thing! MY DH is very tall so if he does gain weight you can't tell! :x I myself am 5'3 tall every ounce shows. My hubby is hanging on to his hair but he is getting pretty thinnnn up there! ;)
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink

Postby DonicaB » May 11th, 2005, 9:35 am

Hi Tink and welcome. We are so glad you decided to join us and you are right we do care. It is so wonderful to have a place to come and share with one another.

I have never had a support group quite like this one. I love it. :clap:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby tink » May 11th, 2005, 9:38 am

Thanks to all of you! Glad to be here! :mrgreen:
"Just keep shaking shaking shaking"
tink

Postby LeeannNH » May 11th, 2005, 10:58 am

hi tink

welcome! ive been here just over a week and i check the board every single day for inspiration, motivation and encouragement. i think you will do the same! this site has really changed my view of web chat places. i too am so happy to have found a safe place to chat with folks with a common goal!

good luck with your loss and im only 4 days ahead of you and i feel really good! so stay positive like you are and you will SUCCEED!

yay you!!!
leeann :bounce:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby dlr2424 » May 11th, 2005, 12:06 pm

.....Tink...... :wavie: ....WELCOME I am so glad you have joined us.....I too love your weight loss views..... :yes: ....I believe you will love this journey you are begining and the people on this forum are PRICELESS...... :hug: .....they will support you thru thick and THINNER .and be your biggest cheerleaders ever!!!!!!!!!!....... :cheerleader: :cheerleader: ........looking forward to sharing your many victories on the highroad to THINNIEVILLE ........:clap:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mommy2girls » May 11th, 2005, 2:33 pm

Welcome!!! No lurking, come out and share!!!

Nice to "meet" you, hope to "see" you around!
Sheila
Week 4 (MF 5&1) = –16lbs
Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.