Hello everyone!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hello everyone!

Postby Wannabe » January 15th, 2006, 5:05 pm

I wanna be healthy! I wanna be smaller! I wanna be able to shop in the misses department where all the cute clothes are! :x

Soooo...here I am! :lol: I started Medifast 3 days ago and am already down 7lbs! I love this forum, started reading it on day one, and have found so many helpful tips that I've already put into practice! Thanks Nancy...my chicken noodle soup tastes so much better when made ahead and refrigerated! I've already been busy copying and pasting tons of yummy recipes from the Lean Cuisine forum too!

I guess I should introduce myself. I'm 48, married and have 2 beautiful teenage daughters. I've been struggling with my weight since my mid 20's when I got so busy with school, clinicals, work, etc, that I fell into the "eat on the run" trap. Fast food, junk food and all those tasty sweets that are so bad for us. Of course, having to "clean my plate" when growing up and having a mom who cooked big meals didn't help either. Think, chicken fried steak, rice, gravy, mac n cheese, pie, cake, cookies and so forth. No one ever told me all those fat cells would be with me forever! I've tried every diet known to man and can only lose 20-25 lbs. before hitting a plateau and giving up. :(

I weighed 150 and wore a size 10 when I was 32 and got married. I would love to be between 130 and 150 again! Right now I'm 5'3" and 218 lbs. I was 225 lbs. 3 days ago when I started. My short term goal is to lose 25 by the end of February so I can fit into my closet full of size 16 clothes! I've gained 25 lbs. the past year and now nothing fits! I refuse to buy a bigger size!!!! I have a big weekend coming up where I'll be seeing folks I haven't seen in a year and I really don't want to show up with this extra weight either. :roll:

My long term goal is to lose 70 to 80 lbs and keep it off forever! I have only just started medifast but I know I can stick it out till I reach my goal. I have a reward in mind for when i reach my goal....a beautiful white smile! Veneers!! Big bucks, but....I want to be thin and have straight, white teeth before I leave this Earth! :lol: I also know I'll have to work to maintain the weight loss once I do reach my goal. I'm thinking Medifast plus Weight Watchers? Anyone tried that for maintenence?

One big problem for me is exercise. I have numerous medical problems (fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, Meniere's syndrome and heart valve problems just to name a few) and cannot do strenuous exercise. I have a gazelle but no room in the house for it. My hubby said he would set it up on the back porch for me to use when the weather is nice. I'm planning to start after my body adjusts to the diet change.

Thank goodness for this forum and for Nancy and Unca Tim! I feel like I know a lot of you already and I will definitely be a regular here!

Allison
(my new mantra: shake, shake, shake, water, water, water!) ;)
Wannabe
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 15th, 2006, 5:24 pm

Welcome Allison!!! :bighug:

Great job on 7 pounds so quickly!!!! :yourock: :bravo:

One of the great things about medifast is, if you weren't exercising before medifast, they don't want you to being until after the third week...even then you should gradually build up. My health advisor was walking with a walker ten months ago...now she is 125 pounds lighter and walking five miles a day!

I totally agree with you about this message board.....such wonderful people and support!!!!

P.S. I'm giving myself lasik eye surgery when I reach goal ;) Like veneers, it's big bucks, but it's worth it AND we will derserve it!!!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby petals » January 15th, 2006, 5:43 pm

Hi Wannabe

A warm welcome to you!

Congrats on losing already. Your gonna love this

program. And exersize if you do it or not doesn't

really matter. You keep slurpin and you'll be just fine.

I look forward to your progress.

Petals
Started 7-31-06
Height: 5'8"

~Don't sacrifice what you want NOW for what you want MOST~

petals
Trusted Member

Postby Unca_Tim » January 15th, 2006, 5:48 pm

Hi Allison and welcome aboard.
:wave:

Enjoy the forum and the new slimmer you....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Wanna be

Postby Jan » January 15th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Hi There,
Welcome to our group. :D In not tooo long you're going to have to change your name. You will no longer be "wannabe " you'll be "now am."
Don't worry about the exercise -- no strenuous exercise is necessary. You can add just some gentle exercise after about the 3rd week or so. Just a little mild walking or some such thing. Strenuous exercise is not the best friend of many of us. You'll do fine and you'll have that white gleaming smile to go along with your great new shape. :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Hyperion » January 15th, 2006, 7:03 pm

Yup, welcome to the forum!

Like every other people said, no heavy exercise is required. I got some info when I began and some even told me that heavy exercise would slow down weight loss instead of boosting it.

Oh, and for the record, I lost 57 pounds in 2 months and a half (even less), and no exercise at all. Just gentle walks at some times.

You're gonna do fine. Stick with the program, and enjoy the ride to Thinsville! :mrgreen:
264/150
Began: 2005-11-03
Finished: Never

Went to 150, then began gym to build some muscle; currently 173.8! (Need to cut some fat)

<b>Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.</b>
Hyperion
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Wannabe » January 15th, 2006, 9:09 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :D

MusicalMomma, I also checked into lasik but when the doctor told me I would be awake for the procedure I chickened out. :shock: I can't even put a contact lens into my eye! :lol: Maybe the brilliant smile will distract people from the bifocals!

Hyperion, I remember seeing your before and after (or middle?) pictures yesterday. You are looking great! Seeing all the before and afters is really inspiring! I hope more people will post them.

Good to know that heavy exercising isn't necessary! Even walking is not a good option for me right now, Morton's neuroma in my right foot makes it feel like I have a rock in my shoe and even a trip to wallymart can leave my foot hurting for days. I'm looking forward to April when it is warm enough to take the cover off the pool. Water exercise is my favorite!! And I get a tan in the process! 8)

Well, the end of day 3 and I'm doing great! No cravings! Just finished my vanilla shake with diet orange soda and I feel like I just stuffed myself at Thanksgiving dinner! :lol: Tomorrow morning....oatmeal pancake!!! yeeeehawww! :D
Wannabe
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » January 16th, 2006, 6:09 am

Welcome Wannabe! I'm very excited to have you here......you seem to have so much enthusiasm and zest for life!! If I can ever be of any help please let me know. During the work week it's hard for me to be online much anymore......but I do pop on and read every chance I get and if I see a cry for help I'll always take the time.

You'll do awesome!!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Wannabe » January 24th, 2006, 7:40 am

Hi Christi! :wave: Just saw your post today...thanks for the kind words! I've seen your surgery pics and wow :shock: that musta hurt! But so worth it!! You are looking great!!!!! :thumbup:

It's been 12 days and 13 pounds for me! Things were going great until yesterday when I ran into an intake/output problem. Took some correctol, did a search on poopage :oops: and found out it was a fairly common problem. Someone mentioned some fiber chews...gotta get me some!!

I gotta tell ya folks, there have been some weak moments but being able to come to this forum, read and see pics has really kept me motivated. I'm absolutely in awe of all the big losers on here!!! :bow:
Wannabe
Newbie - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.