I am hating my scale...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I am hating my scale...

Postby ChattieCathy57 » April 12th, 2006, 6:09 am

OK - I know I shouldn't weigh myself any more than once a week (usually on Sunday I do) ... but (there's always a BUT!) I weighed myself on Sunday and I was down 13 lbs :D then, on Tuesday I had to move the scale to another room and of course I got on it ... I was UP 1.5LBS!!! :x

"How could that be" I asked myself ... I haven't cheated and I dont have my period? .... I was sweating it all day long; Now - on top of my husband being away AND my losing that school job offer, I am STICKING TO MY DIET AND ACTUALLY GAINING WEIGHT!!!. :roll:

Proudly, I still did not cheat (oh - except the extra 3oz chicken last night ... but remember I only had 4oz with dinner - not that I meant to work it that way) ...

This morning (I couldnt help myself) when I was walking past that darn thing again, I got on ... I am down the mysterious 1.5 AND I am down another 1/2 lbs. ;)

I promise you ~~ I put my scale in the closet and it will stay there until Sunday.

Anyone else hate their stupid scale?? :tongue:

Have a great day everyone
Cathy

Start date: 3/26/06
Height: 5'6"

... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
ChattieCathy57
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby krissss » April 12th, 2006, 6:49 am

LOL...your so funny....Not because of the situation but because its's happen to me forever.I even thru out about 2 scales thinking they were broken.How could you gain 2lbs then lose 2lbs in 5 minutes...I would say to myself. :cry: LOL>>>>I always keep the scale in the same place in the house...off carpet ..and not in the bathroom where the moisture may get to it....LOL....moisture!!!! Probably doesn't even make a difference but to someone who is trying to drop weight so badly ....heck...moisture could be a scale breaker...LOL....

Anyway....keep up the excellent determination!!!! You will be a WINNER for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am very proud of you !!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Your MF PAL Kriss
krissss
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 12th, 2006, 6:58 am

Cathy--I used to let the scale get to me daily but honestly after watching how my body loses the wieght for 3 months it honestly does not bother me if I get on during the week and see an increase. For some unknown reason my body seems to only like to lose weight on the weekend!

You are doing great and that scale is going to continue to move in the downward direction!

Keep shakin

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 12th, 2006, 7:25 am

Cathy ... You're totally cracking me up. I don't hate my scale but I'll admit that it can be frustrating at times. If you're not cheating then don't give it a second thought. You absolutely HAVE to lose. It may not be fast or consistent but you WILL lose.

:coach: "Step away from the scale!"
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Pashta » April 12th, 2006, 7:29 am

Of course it could be as simple as a nice #2 at the potty to lose weight lol. :whistle:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta

Postby DogMa » April 12th, 2006, 8:19 am

I hate my scale, too, but for different reasons. When it says I haven't lost, I really haven't. I've been 100 percent compliant the past two weeks, and I haven't lost a thing. I'm about ready to resort to my usual method for getting things to budge again (which I won't mention because I know I'll get flak for it, but the old-timers know what it is).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Tiolazz » April 12th, 2006, 11:00 am

Cathy, You sound just like me, I was down 11.6lbs last Sunday after just one week, :smoke: I was jumping for joy, my husband said he hadn't seen me so happy in years... :D

Then came the dreaded Monday, and I weighed when I got home from work, why, because I am obsessive I guess, there was no reason at all for me to step on that little bugar..... but I did, :cry: and I had gained back 1lb, one measly pound, and by the time my hubby got home from work I was crying...

He packed up that little evil :x scale and hid it from me, I admit, this morning when I buckled my bra and realized that I had to go down to that last hitch, and when I tried on a pair of my old pants that are one size too small, (well not anymore, whoo hoo), I went on the warpath looking for that scale. I looked high and low, (seriously even looked in the attic haha) and found it nowhere. Man I love that man... :hug:

That scale is just one measure of what you are doing to improve your life. And really, at least to me, the least important one. What I am looking for is to be fit, and wear regular size clothing, sooooooo

Who cares about those mean old scales, here's to throwing them all away... :buddies:

Well okay, I may have got a little excited there. :shock:

sorry, (Terri stepping down from her soapbox)

Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Scale

Postby Jan » April 12th, 2006, 11:26 am

Hmmmm,
Now you all know why my "old nasty" spent three weeks living in my bedroom closet. :mrgreen: It was either that or throw the thing thru the window :x -- I took pity on my hubby who would have to fix it -- the window that is -- and just let it live in the closet.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby aphrael » April 12th, 2006, 12:21 pm

Another tip: Scales DO NOT roll down the stairs well...

In a moment of anger i threw my scale down the stairs, I had one of those multi-level ones that kinda curve down at the time... hubby was doing some dry wall repair after that episode.
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael

Postby Loribug » April 12th, 2006, 12:32 pm

The secret is to have two scales that weigh about 3 pounds different, when you weigh heavy on one, hop on the other. :-P
Loribug

Postby Bonnie » April 12th, 2006, 1:11 pm

Cathy

All of these posts are so funny!!! :lol:

I thought I was alone on how I felt when I was so good and only lost 1 lb. I was so upset I called my husband at work and told him about it and then when he got home I was still so mad :x I was banging around the dishes in the kitchen while telling him "How could this be".

I decided this must be a plateau so I did the 6 & 0 plan yesterday and this morning when I got up I lost 2 lbs.... :bounce:

I actually liked :yay: the scales again this morning. Who knows :huh: what tomorrow will bring. More weight loss I am sure :bouncie:
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby angiedor » April 12th, 2006, 6:03 pm

PASHTA, you said what i was thinking about the #2!!

Its true. :rollrolleyes:
Angie D.
Start Date--->4/2/2006
271/258/140 (5'6")

angiedor

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2006, 6:52 pm

:secret: That's why they're called #2's...you lose 2 pounds ... :roflmao:

I won't even go into the :x traumatizing times I've had with the scale...
it'll happen for ya.

The :twisted: scale can't :poke: tease ya forever!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » April 12th, 2006, 6:56 pm

You guys are hysterical. I don't live by my scale anymore....I've found a new friend...a tape measure. LOL! :) My weight is weird....it comes off in spurts...not a lb here or a lb there...but 2-4 lbs in a day. I gain during TOM, so I don't even bother with the scale that week.
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby horsey girl » April 12th, 2006, 7:34 pm

I have lost over 90 pounds and have not been on medifast since last fall. I went back on last Tuesday to lose a few creeping pounds. By This Monday I had lost 10 pounds. Great! Tuesday I was up 1.4 pounds. Today another.6 pounds to 138. Thats a gain of 2 pounds in two days and just in time for my weekly weigh in of course! Who knows what tommorow will bring but long experience tells me this too shall pass, Medifast will win. Hand in there! :D
Horsey Girl
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Return to Come on in.