OK guys, I need some advice from your experiences!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 5th, 2006, 8:02 pm

Crystal,
That was unbelievable! I LOVED your post! I love the calendar idea, I'm going to give it a try!

Thanks!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Jan » April 5th, 2006, 10:54 pm

Hmmmm,
I think we allll love to eat!!! That's how we got here in the first place. And, many of us are not toooo picky either. :mrgreen: And even with some things we don't really care for we have to taste them again just to make certain :mrgreen: Now that said, what are we to do???
I personally remind myself again and again that it is only food. It's not a precious commodity that is going to disappear and will be gone forever. :? I'll be able to eat some of it again. And I know exactly what most of it tastes like already. I also use a calendar but a little differently. I like to put a happy face on my calendar for every day that I follow the plan exactly. I love looking at that little row of happy faces. I know that if I put something extra in my mouth I can't draw one and I'll have an empty spot. That really motivates me to be good. :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » April 6th, 2006, 5:31 am

Jan, I love your calendar idea!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Crystal » April 6th, 2006, 8:26 am

Thanks Vicky and DeDe,

I am feeling great about the choices I have made this week! I know that today is my last day 7, even though the scale hasn't moved since Tuesday! I can also see by looking at my calendar, that I should have about 60 days until I reach goal. That is encouraging to me, and keeps me motivated!
Crystal
Crystal
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ascicles » April 6th, 2006, 8:57 am

Here is a trick that I've used to avoid cheating, and all it takes is the first step.

When you are really tempted to cheat, don't do it, regardless of how hard it is. That is your first step. After that point, every time you are really tempted to cheat again, think back to the last time that you were tempted. Ask yourself what would be different had you actually eaten during that last temptation. You will find that the answer is always the same...nothing.

Maybe I'm different, but when I think back to the sesame chicken that I passed up a week ago...I'm glad I made the right choice.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby DogMa » April 6th, 2006, 9:14 am

Can you stand one more suggestion? Since your husband is a chef, can you give him a challenge and have him come up with some great-tasting, yet on-program meals? What a great gift to you that would be (and I'm sure dieters in his restaurant, if he has one, would appreciate it, too).

And then have him share the recipes with us, of course!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Dayna » April 6th, 2006, 10:14 am

Oooooh, Robin, yeah . . . and then we can find out what restaraunt it is, and take a group fieldtrip to try it out. :mrgreen:

Mmmm . . . tasty L&Gs prepared by a fabulous chef . . . sign me up!
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna

Postby saraak » April 8th, 2006, 10:08 am

Thank you so much guys for all of your kind words. I actually work at the restaurant with him and he does make me meals and it is nice. I'm just going to take it one day at a time. I think I had an awakening the other day :idea: . I realized I had been on the program three months. I have lost 23 lbs but it could have been almost 60 and I would be at my goal by now. I keep thinking about that and it has been keeping me going. Thanks again guys and if you ever want to visit the restaurant, it is called Raglan Road in Disney's Pleasure Island, Florida. It is not his restuarant but he is the Executive Chef. Maybe I'll see you guys there!! :mrgreen:

Sara
saraak
Newbie - #20 Club

Previous

Return to The Weight Room