Guilty but not defeated!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Guilty but not defeated!

Postby mama2benandrachel » October 12th, 2005, 7:27 pm

Today is my DD Rachel's birthday. She is 4. I have a book called the Cake Doctor. I had a yellow cake mix in the cupboard and she and I read through the recipes the other day and she decided that she wanted a carrot cake with fresh orange cream cheese frosting. Well, as I was cutting the cake, I guess you all can figure it out, I had a piece of cake. I went too long between MF (over 5 hours), and I caved. I did stop at one small piece. I am guilty, but I will not be defeated!!!!!! I've come too far and feel too good to stop now! I'm taking the cake to work so it will be gone. I don't think Rachel really knew what a carrot cake was. She said she likes it, but she picked at it.
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » October 12th, 2005, 7:54 pm

Well now, mama2benandrachel ~

You are right! You are :dooh: NOT defeated. :thumbsup:

We could just say that you were taste-testing the cake to be SURE it was safe enough, good enough, sweet enough and the texture was tender and spicy enough for the 4 year old Princess to eat but that would be a flabber fibber - you ate it because you know it contained carrots - carrots are a vegetable and you thought it was okie dokie for the vegetable food group, right?

No more thumb-sucking! You already got over it and I am proud of you for doing a :chef: fun activity with Rachel - she'll remember this 4th :candle: birthday for a long time because you spent time with her and loved her.
:pet:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby mytime » October 12th, 2005, 8:00 pm

Mom2B&R - I think you did awesome - I would have dove in head first into cream cheese frosting. I am sitting here trying not to drool. You did great getting right back to MF. Hang in there and let this one go. YOU ARE DOING GREAT !!!!!!! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DonicaB » October 13th, 2005, 10:29 am

I hear ya, Mytime. I would have dove head first into the icing also.

Mom2R&B, don't beat yourself up. :stickwack: Ask yourself......before Medifast would I have stopped at a small piece? I know what my answer would be. You are doing great and I agree with Nancy, what a wonderful experience for you to share with your princess. :clapclap:

DonicaB :bananadance:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.