Gucci-Goo aka Dark & Stormy

1 Thread per registered User.

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 11th, 2007, 3:35 pm

Beth,
You sound so awesome and so motivated! Woo hoo!

I know you will leap that 145 wall this time...I think May is a GOOD month for it!

You're doing so great! Way to go with figuring out which way the L & G is going to work best for you!

D
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby GucciGoo » May 14th, 2007, 4:27 pm

I got the greatest toy for Mother's Day. An 80 gig iPod with video. I have been spending the last few days downloading and transferring movies onto it. I can watch movies and TV shows at work! It is so much fun!!!!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby GucciGoo » May 14th, 2007, 4:29 pm

By the way, I said I was going to start working out today in my new gym. But my lazy ass won't move. I am such a slug.
GucciGoo

Postby Mike » May 14th, 2007, 5:45 pm

DarkAndStormy wrote:I got the greatest toy for Mother's Day. An 80 gig iPod with video. I have been spending the last few days downloading and transferring movies onto it. I can watch movies and TV shows at work! It is so much fun!!!!

So, what exactly do you do Beth? ;) :twisted:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby GucciGoo » May 14th, 2007, 5:45 pm

I have not lost in a few days and I feel like I am slipping into my same old routine. So I am staying off the scale for a few weeks. I know how I get. As soon as my loss slows a bit I cheat. So I would just rather not know. My hubby is hiding the scale.

Next weigh in- June 3rd. Hoping to be under the 145 mark by then.
GucciGoo

Postby holberry » May 14th, 2007, 6:18 pm

if the scale must go, it must ;) Here's to a terrrific surprize in June for you :D
have fun with your ipod, I got a regular one last mom's day! I think it's great!
hb
holberry
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » May 14th, 2007, 8:45 pm

Good idea to remain scale-less for a while, Beth.

Remember, plateaus are common - our body needs time to adjust to the changes it is making. The nurse's support call this evening was about just that thing. It would be good to listen to the playback recording sometime this week: (212) 461-2692.

What a cool gizmo you got for Mother's Day - those iPods are super. You can carry tunes, movies and pictures of your darling baby to share with others. Somebody loves you very much to give you such a wonderful gift - that's a gift that reminds you of his thoughtfulness, generosity and love every time you press the 'on' button and see the screen light up.

You are making such good choices and the progress is evident.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby GucciGoo » May 15th, 2007, 3:59 am

Mike wrote:
DarkAndStormy wrote:I got the greatest toy for Mother's Day. An 80 gig iPod with video. I have been spending the last few days downloading and transferring movies onto it. I can watch movies and TV shows at work! It is so much fun!!!!

So, what exactly do you do Beth? ;) :twisted:

LOL! I should have expected that! I work for Social Security :)
GucciGoo

Postby Mike » May 15th, 2007, 8:51 am

;) Just giving you a bad time. Keep up the good work.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby bikipatra » May 15th, 2007, 10:16 am

DarkAndStormy wrote:I have not lost in a few days and I feel like I am slipping into my same old routine. So I am staying off the scale for a few weeks. I know how I get. As soon as my loss slows a bit I cheat. So I would just rather not know. My hubby is hiding the scale.

You are very wise because you KNOW yourself. When I went through my recent 10 day stall I have to admit more than a few times I thought-okay, I'll eat what I have left of MF then that's it!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Hi

Postby Donna » May 15th, 2007, 10:17 am

Hi Beth,
I'm new to MF and been reading your journal and all your ups and downs. A few things that struck me is how wonderfully human and honest you are and how great it is that you keep coming here to stay accountable to everyone even when the going gets tough for you.

It is so easy being on a weight loss program to be tempted and fall off the wagon. But, it takes strength to admit it and keep persevering and being accountable no matter what. It would be so much easier to ditch it and run. So, you are an inspiration to keep pressing on.

Even tho it seems like you struggle, you really are doing it! Overall there is a loss for you which is so great!

And, one last thing, girl - you are lovely! Your hub & baby & you - just a beautiful family!
Donna :)
"I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine." Eph 3:20-21

STARTED - 5/12/2007
PROGRESS - 213/204.8/115

Donna
Trusted Member

Postby GucciGoo » May 16th, 2007, 11:20 am

bikipatra wrote:
DarkAndStormy wrote:I have not lost in a few days and I feel like I am slipping into my same old routine. So I am staying off the scale for a few weeks. I know how I get. As soon as my loss slows a bit I cheat. So I would just rather not know. My hubby is hiding the scale.

You are very wise because you KNOW yourself. When I went through my recent 10 day stall I have to admit more than a few times I thought-okay, I'll eat what I have left of MF then that's it!

I cannot tell you how many times I got fed up with MF because of a stall, and then tried something else and gained weight. I decided that I would rather starve on MF and MAINTAIN or lose 2 pounds a month, than to GAIN on another program!
GucciGoo

Re: Hi

Postby GucciGoo » May 16th, 2007, 11:23 am

Donna wrote:Hi Beth,
I'm new to MF and been reading your journal and all your ups and downs. A few things that struck me is how wonderfully human and honest you are and how great it is that you keep coming here to stay accountable to everyone even when the going gets tough for you.

It is so easy being on a weight loss program to be tempted and fall off the wagon. But, it takes strength to admit it and keep persevering and being accountable no matter what. It would be so much easier to ditch it and run. So, you are an inspiration to keep pressing on.

Even tho it seems like you struggle, you really are doing it! Overall there is a loss for you which is so great!

And, one last thing, girl - you are lovely! Your hub & baby & you - just a beautiful family!

Hi Donna! Thanks for visiting, and for the compliments!

Sometimes I feel like I am the only honest person here, because I think there is a little more cheating than people admit to. But I am the type to really verbalize my frustrations :)

I have to do it this time. My husband just spent a fortune to build a home gym for me- and if my slow loss is not inspiring, then the gym equipment should be! I hope it helps!

I WILL get to my goal weight of 125 even if I start to collect Social Security first!!!!!!
GucciGoo

Re: Hi

Postby bikipatra » May 16th, 2007, 2:44 pm

DarkAndStormy wrote:[

Sometimes I feel like I am the only honest person here, because I think there is a little more cheating than people admit to. But I am the type to really verbalize my frustrations :)

I have to do it this time. My husband just spent a fortune to build a home gym for me- and if my slow loss is not inspiring, then the gym equipment should be! I hope it helps!

I WILL get to my goal weight of 125 even if I start to collect Social Security first!!!!!!

It seems that a lot of people admit to cheating, but you think it is even more rife? I can imagine that happening especially with some people so gung ho on how great and amazing Medifast is and then they have a Twinkie. It would be hard to admit. Maybe they consider it a personal issue. But I think a lot of people are honest and I respect that. You are so lucky to have your home gym-I am envious! I have abused gym memberships and personal training so much it will be a long time until my husband is supportive of my joining a gym. Since we moved there isnt even one a block a way so I doubt I would go, he is right. For now I will stick with my walking and home strength exercises especially once my back is closer to 100%.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby GucciGoo » May 16th, 2007, 2:57 pm

Ok I had a minor cheat. Minor. But it was medically necessary :)

I had my 5 oz hamburger as dinner. But instead of the normal veggies I have with it, I had corn. I did this because I am having a really bad time with my belly today, and every other veggie out there would make my stomach explode.

I posted another thread about this. I don't know why I am having issues this time around, but I am constantly bloated and have major gas pains. I know it is my IBS, but it is really bad this time.

So if having corn is the most deviant thing I did so far on plan, so be it. At least I did not have pizza :)
GucciGoo

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal