Gucci-Goo aka Dark & Stormy

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby MerryMary » March 6th, 2007, 6:05 pm

Sorry to hear you are depressed :hugblue: ... hopefully you have the answer and will soon be feeling good again.

Sounds like you have a very sweet husband, too. A weekend on the town--lucky you!! 8)

Mary
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby JeepGirl » March 6th, 2007, 7:46 pm

Beth--I am sorry to hear about how the BC has been affecting you. I went thru that waybackwhen and it isnt pleasant! :hug:

I hope you enjoy your weekend away--sounds like an awesome trip! I LOVE LOVE Philly!!!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby bikipatra » March 6th, 2007, 11:29 pm

DarkAndStormy wrote:As you may (or may not) have noticed, I have been really depressed lately and unable to stay focused on MF.

Well you could start taking 7-8 different antidepressants, mood stabilizers, antipsychotics, and tranquilizers and then I GUARANTEE you would feel differently!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Karli » March 7th, 2007, 9:23 am

Beth, sure hoping your depression is easily solved by going off your Birth control !! That would be nice. Sorry you have been so down, I know that is just not an enjoyable place to be at all :(. Glad you are taking steps to figure it out, though.

Keep going.
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby electra000 » March 7th, 2007, 11:11 am

Hey Beth, sorry to hear about your depression. I went to my doctor this week for my yearly check up and discussed my depression with him and asked him if it could be related to the birth control pills that I take. He said that it is probably not related to the pills but could be a symptom of PMS. Usually one week out of the month lately I have a break down with severe depression. He put me on Lexapro for 6 months to see if that helps with it. He also changed my pill to one called Yasmin that is supposed to help with water retention. Hope you are feeling better soon! :)
electra000
Preferred member

Postby Serendipity » March 7th, 2007, 1:36 pm

Hey, Beth! Here's something to cheer you up. I found the name of that shop in Duck, NC that I was telling you about. Here's a little diddy about it from the vacation site:

"At Lady Victorian you'll find contemporary styles for today's woman. Outfits and suits are the emphasis here, in cotton, silk, and linen plus quality dresses, evening wear, intimate apparel, travel accessories, and personal items such as bath products, soaps, and powders. Lady Victorian is open year-round. "

They have unique styles. Not your basic T-shirt shop. A bit pricey, but worth it for the selection.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » March 11th, 2007, 4:41 pm

Sorry to hear about the rough time you are having. I hope you had a wonderful weekend with your hubby and that you have finally turned the corner to having better days. :hug:
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby Tawanda » March 12th, 2007, 6:13 am

Beth? How are you doing? I hope you are feeling better and that the weekend away was fun.

Check in, you're missed!! :)
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby GucciGoo » March 12th, 2007, 11:07 am

Hello all. Back from cheater-land. Well, we could not go to the Ritz or Philly this weekend because my husband was deathly ill. I think he had some kind of horrid flu bug. He actually laid in the same spot on the floor for two days straight until I made him move.

I have been off-plan. I know you guys are sick of hearing about it. Boo to you!

I plan on staying on MF until Las Vegas. After my vacation I plan on switching to something less restrictive like Atkin's. I want to be able to start eating lunches with my co-workers and dinners with my family. MF has been wonderful and is an EXCELLENT plan that gives EXCELLENT results, but it makes my social life very difficult. I also enjoy the flavor of food- I want tuna and mayo for lunch, eggs and bacon for breakfast, and snacks of mozzarella and tomatoes.

So, you guys are stuck with me at least until April 26th :) but I plan on staying around if only to see how everyone progresses :)
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby GucciGoo » March 12th, 2007, 11:07 am

Tawanda wrote:Beth? How are you doing? I hope you are feeling better and that the weekend away was fun.

Check in, you're missed!! :)

Thanks! I missed you guys too!
GucciGoo

Postby bikipatra » March 12th, 2007, 11:08 am

I wish you every success on every plan!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby GucciGoo » March 12th, 2007, 11:11 am

MerryMary wrote:Sorry to hear you are depressed :hugblue: ... hopefully you have the answer and will soon be feeling good again.

Mary

Thank you! I'm working on it :)
GucciGoo

Postby GucciGoo » March 12th, 2007, 11:13 am

JeepGirl wrote:Beth--I am sorry to hear about how the BC has been affecting you. I went thru that waybackwhen and it isnt pleasant! :hug:

I am officially off the Nuvaring as of Saturday. Never again!
GucciGoo

Postby GucciGoo » March 12th, 2007, 11:30 am

bikipatra wrote:
DarkAndStormy wrote:As you may (or may not) have noticed, I have been really depressed lately and unable to stay focused on MF.

Well you could start taking 7-8 different antidepressants, mood stabilizers, antipsychotics, and tranquilizers and then I GUARANTEE you would feel differently!

All I have is Xanax. Hmmmmmmmmm.
GucciGoo

Postby GucciGoo » March 12th, 2007, 11:32 am

electra000 wrote:Hey Beth, sorry to hear about your depression. I went to my doctor this week for my yearly check up and discussed my depression with him and asked him if it could be related to the birth control pills that I take. He said that it is probably not related to the pills but could be a symptom of PMS. Usually one week out of the month lately I have a break down with severe depression. He put me on Lexapro for 6 months to see if that helps with it. He also changed my pill to one called Yasmin that is supposed to help with water retention. Hope you are feeling better soon! :)

I don't know if ALL bc cause depression- but I know there is a higher incidence of depression and irritability with the nuvaring- maybe becuase it is internal? I start my new pills new week.
GucciGoo

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal