Gucci-Goo aka Dark & Stormy

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby GucciGoo » January 24th, 2007, 1:12 pm

bikipatra wrote:I'm on a Disney kick this morning, so I hope you don't mind being Cinderella! I had to give her quite a tan to match yours! I think you look beautiful and I hope you like it! Taangirl got to be Snow White.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I love it!!! Thank you!!! I feel like a princess.......
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby GucciGoo » January 24th, 2007, 1:23 pm

I have decided to discontinue obsessing about the fajitas. I could have done way worse, and I have such a small amount more to lose, I can just get back in the saddle again without blinking an eye. I have eaten the fajitas there before and never saw a slow-down in my weight loss.

FYI...

What I ate on Monday night:
Blackened Chicken Fajitas (640 cal/29 g fat/6 g fiber/27 g carbs) 14.5

What I have at OTB when I am NOT dieting:
Border Chimichanga, ground beef (1310 cal/98 g fat/4 g fiber/49 g carbs) 34
Beef Empanadas Appetizer (1150 cal/81 g fat/5 g fiber/68 g carbs) 29
Guacomole Appetizer (130 cal/10 g fat/6 g fiber/9 g carbs) 2.5 (3)
Mexican Rice, side (220 cal/6 g fat/2 g fiber/33 g carbs) 4.5

That's almost 3000 calories, kids!!! So I actually did pretty well in comparison!
GucciGoo

Postby alpha femme » January 24th, 2007, 1:30 pm

i have no problems with the fajitas or the fact that they weren't cooked dry (even though i prefer them that way). to be honest, the occasional calorie boost will help you more than hurt you. too much consistancy makes your body think, "oh. i see. i get 800 calories to live on. i can adjust to that." then we plateau-- or gain if we increase with no transition. if every so often (maybe a couple of times a month) you spike your calories, you will not fall off the planet-- but you may drop some pounds.

to break my last plateau (which was a long one), i did a 3 day spike by adding 600 extra calories and knocking myself completely out of ketosis. i added extra water and worked out hard for 2 of those days. then i dropped back down to the 6-0 and the scale moved. it was dramatic, but my poor body has been through a lot and i have lost... well, what tony weighs.

my point is, you are learning to eat in the real worl, too. this isn't just about right now. so enjoy your fajitas every once in a while; you know how to make them healthier these days. either way, nobody ate a chimi, and you have to be able to enjoy the new life your are creating.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » January 24th, 2007, 2:39 pm

DarkAndStormy wrote:I just wanted to clarify; my rant had nothing to do with Kanani! I love Kanani!

I love you too Beth! :hug:

I just read the other thread, and I totally understand where you're coming from. You did make the best choice possible with the fajitas, and I agree with Alpha, I wouldn't sweat it if it was cooked in butter or oil. That was a great tip about spiking the calories for a few days and then getting back on. I need to try that because I am not budging from 132 and it's been months..... very frustrating. Thanks Alpha! :mrgreen:

I'm glad we're still friends Beth! Keep shakin' it girl. You are doing great!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby alpha femme » January 24th, 2007, 3:20 pm

hulagirlfromhawaii wrote: That was a great tip about spiking the calories for a few days and then getting back on. I need to try that because I am not budging from 132 and it's been months..... very frustrating. Thanks Alpha! :mrgreen:

don't go crazy if you are one of the people who has a hard time getting back on track. i've been very fortunate so far in that area.... maybe because i'm too lazy to cheat. i dunno...
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » January 24th, 2007, 8:31 pm

alpha femme wrote:
hulagirlfromhawaii wrote: That was a great tip about spiking the calories for a few days and then getting back on. I need to try that because I am not budging from 132 and it's been months..... very frustrating. Thanks Alpha! :mrgreen:

don't go crazy if you are one of the people who has a hard time getting back on track. i've been very fortunate so far in that area.... maybe because i'm too lazy to cheat. i dunno...

Thanks Alpha! I'll be careful!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 24th, 2007, 11:33 pm

I just wanted to apologize here Beth in case anything I said was what upset you. You made the best choice. Part of this program is making the best choices out. We're not always at home and you made the best choice on the menu. Look at your list what you could've had! I meant no harm and apologize profusely.

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: Hi

Postby GucciGoo » January 25th, 2007, 5:25 am

dede4wd wrote:I just wanted to apologize here Beth in case anything I said was what upset you. You made the best choice. Part of this program is making the best choices out. We're not always at home and you made the best choice on the menu. Look at your list what you could've had! I meant no harm and apologize profusely.

DeDe

Noooooooooooooooooo you did nothing!!! The only thing that upset me in the On the Border thread was that after everyone told me what a great decision I made, someone popped in and told me it was cooked in butter and therefore terrible.

I am trying very hard to stick to this right now, and it really upset me to hear that. If I WANTED to cheat that night I would have gotten something other than the crap I have to eat every night! There must be chicken and peppers growing out of my head! I surely would have gotten something much more fattening!
GucciGoo

Postby GucciGoo » January 25th, 2007, 1:15 pm

Three days until weigh-in! It has been 2 weeks. I don't know if I should be excited or scared. I know I will be disappointed if I don't see the drop I want.

I was 148.6 on the 14th during a plateau and TOM, and it will be two weeks with no weighing since then. I REALLY hope I am around 143- which is my wedding weight. That will be a major accomplishment- I have not been there since 2002.

Maybe if I just sleep until Sunday the weight gods will work their magic on me?
GucciGoo

Postby GucciGoo » January 26th, 2007, 8:42 am

Two more days to weigh-in!

I have had the day of HELL so far. The baby woke up at 4:00 because he was coughing. Then, at 5:30 AM on the way to work, my Infiniti started beeping at me quite loudly to tell me I had a flat tire. Turns out it was just a pressure drop (it went down to 10 degrees overnight, wind chill of zero). I got out of the car to check, and accidentally ripped one of nails off, right in the middle. It started gushing bleeding.

I got in the car and had nothing to fix the nail. Dammit. I started driving the rest of the way to Philly, and my contact lens popped out! I have 20/600 vision-so I am completely blind with no contact. Everything was so blurry and fuzzy- I had to cover the eye with my left hand and drive to work with my right hand. It was fun going over the bridge with no depth perception, let me tell you.

Well anyway, I got to work ok, my finger is throbbing, and luckily I had a spare set of contacts.
GucciGoo

Postby bikipatra » January 26th, 2007, 8:52 am

Poor Beth-what a morning! You survived. I don't know how I would have dealt...You are stronger than you know!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Taangrl21 » January 26th, 2007, 8:57 am

I am glad you got to work safely.And I am sorry your morning has been a rough one...Hopefully one negative day means a GREAT weekend??? Trying to be optimistic here...and if anyone drops there,your only eating that, comments...look at them and say "Bite Me"...but say it with a smile. :mrgreen: JK---well maybe not. Have a good day Beth. :)
Taangrl21

Postby DonicaB » January 26th, 2007, 12:06 pm

What a crappy day, Beth! Well, I'm sure your evening will go much better. It has to right?

DonicaB :yay:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby GucciGoo » January 26th, 2007, 1:00 pm

Thanks guys! Aside from a very sore fingernail, I am ok :)

I am dreading going to TGIF tonight. It is so hard to go there and see the nachos and soups and sandwiches and order a piece of dry chicken with dry veggies. I have that every night for dinner. Bleh.

I will either order a hamburger with no bun and side of well-done peppers and onions, or get the fajitas and deal with the grease. At least it wouldn't kick me out of ketosis. And I could use some extra lube-ing for my constipation!
GucciGoo

Postby Lauren » January 26th, 2007, 1:28 pm

Hey, Beth, I am happy your day seems to be improving!

I have a question for ya: why aren't you enjoying your Lean & Greens? You have said in several posts how much you don't like eating the same things, and feeling fed up ordering dry chicken, etc, and I can't help but wonder if you haven't explored all the many delicious options out there. While it's not nachos or fries, there are awesome foods that are totally covered under L&G, and I want you to have them! :-) I have loved nearly every single L&G since I started, and I want you to love them and look forward to them too!

First, you have to know that some foods have more natural juices than others, so when they're cooked, even without a single drop of oil, they are very flavorful and spread the flavors around. For instance, if you were to cook (steam or grill with pam or a bit of water & broth) tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, peppers, and onions, you'd get an absolutely delicious and flavorful sauce. No sauce needed. Or steamed shrimp (not sure if you eat shrimp?) are delicious? I get Chinese food all the time- steamed shrimp with steamed mixed veggies (broccoli, bok choy, spinach, zucchini), and there's lots of flavor. When you're out to eat a restaurant, you can tell them to put something on a bed of steamed spinach with cooked tomatoes on top. Or, ask for a salad with lots of great veggies, and get some fish/chicken/seafood/tofu on top. I carry the Walden Farms dressing with me everywhere, as a topper.

I guess what I am trying to say is that you don't seem to be taking any PLEASURE in your mf experience, it seems you feel really burdened by it, and that makes me sad! :-) I want you to enjoy the process, enjoy the meals, both MF and L&G, and feel really excited to go out and experiment.

I know a lot of folks here get super-stressed at dining out and going out, and hey, to each his own, but I was dining out from minute one. The key is to figure out the "game," and to make it YOUR game, and to learn how to play it well!

Beth, I really want you to find the joy in this experience, and if we have to lay out meal plans for every dining out experience, then hell, I'll do it - but just don't sound so sad - this is supposed to be a GOOD thing, not something you have to suffer through!

Chin up, little lady, you're smart, beautiful, healthy, have a great family...it's all good!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal