Greetings and Salutations!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Greetings and Salutations!

Postby techkitten » February 1st, 2006, 6:39 am

I started Medifast on 1/23/06, but their support system was not adequate for me. I am all about forums and being able to get the honest answers I need. The Medifast nutritionists on there were quite nice, but they do not have a threaded message board, so you could never tell if you were answered unless you happened to include your email address and were emailed...but I was getting spammed from people that took my email address and tried to make me use their referral code...they sounded so supportive at first, but I never heard from them again.
My family has a huge history obesity, and so I'm trying to fight my genes. I have done many diet programs, including Nutrisystem, Atkins, and I stepped foot into Weight Watchers once (but I was embarassed that they said my weight where others could hear). I am not obese because I have been fighting it for so long, but as you know, the older we get, the harder it gets.
Many posters on Medifast.com belittled my weight loss efforts because I "only" have 20-25 lbs to lose. Well, I'm sorry, but it has been a struggle my entire life, and that 20-25 lbs have been hanging on for dear life, and I can't seem to get rid of them.
I had to get out and find a more supportive bunch, and I think I have found that here.

Jenn :puma:
145/140/125
techkitten

Postby Ashes » February 1st, 2006, 6:42 am

Hello techkitten! You are right, you have found an amazing forum with a bunch of great people who are very supportive! Don't worry about what others think of your goals, a pound is a pound, and the one thing I know is MF works, no matter how much weight you have to lose!

Hope you stay!

1/17/06
275/260/170
1st goal: 30lbs. (245 by 3/28 - I really hope I can!)
Ashes
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby SueInSLO » February 1st, 2006, 6:47 am

Welcome Jenn!! :wave:

I think you've come to the right place!! You'll find lots of support and information here to help you along.

This is a great group of people and no one cares if you have 20, 30, 40 or 300 pounds to lose. We're all here for the same reason. Better health and a healthier weight.

Best of luck to you and happy Medifasting!!

Sue
:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » February 1st, 2006, 6:50 am

Jenn

Ashes is right it doesn't matter if you have 100 lbs to lose or 10lbs what matters is that if you have weight to lose it is always a battle. I admire the fact that you recognize that even though your weight problem may not be what is considered by some as huge that you are doing something about it now before you do have a hundred pounds to lose. I know that I wish I had found this program when I "only" had 20-25lbs to lose but hey, better late than never. We are all here for you whenever you need us.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » February 1st, 2006, 7:32 am

Welcome Jenn! This forum is the best. I've been missing in action for awhile because I didn't want to come back until I was down to where I left off or a little lower and I'm back.... 4 lbs down from where I left off and thats only because I've been lurking in the shadows of this forum!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 1st, 2006, 7:35 am

Hey there Jenn!!! :wave: We're glad you're here! The moderators of this forum are VERY good at weeding out "spammers". Everyone is SO supportive and informative! Kudo's to you for fighting the good fight for so long! You'll find that medifast is the weapon you need to win the war!!!!! :shoot:
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby aphrael » February 1st, 2006, 7:53 am

Hello Jenn,

I too use to be on that other board and found it less than supportave, hard to follow, and some of the people just rude for the sake of being rude.

No one should make light of your 20 - 25 pounds to lose, you should be commended for taking steps now before that 25 pounds becomes 50 or more to lose.

That and Medifast isn't just about losing weight, and this forum does focus on the long term solution, retriaing yourself on how to eat properly for life, not for weightloss.

Welcome to the family here and we look forward to cheering you on durring your journey to a healthier you!
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Welcome

Postby Jan » February 1st, 2006, 9:29 am

Hi Jenn,
Welcome to the forum. Don't let anyone belittle you for parting with those 20 - 25 pounds. That amount of a loss can make big differences in your overall health. Those exta 20 -25 pounds can affect your blood pressure, your chance of colon or breast cancer (to name two there are others) an increased chance of diabetes and joint problems. So be assured you are doing the very very best thing for your body. No one here will belittle you. Many of us just wish we were wise enough to see "the problem" when we were 20 - 25 pounds overweight. You know none of us went to bed thin and woke up overweight :mrgreen: And everyone one is right. We watch this forum and no spammers allowed. Unca Tim catches them right in the act.
:mrgreen: jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Unca_Tim » February 1st, 2006, 10:08 am

Hi Jenn and welcome aboard,
:wave:
Wont be long and you won't be fighting your "jeans"...
Glad you found us....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

All Aboard!

Postby Lizabette » February 1st, 2006, 11:22 am

Jenn,

You will find all the support you need here (instantly!) and then some! There is sometimes too much to take it all in...

Unca Tim and all the MMF Team will see to that!

Wonderful to have you on board. See you real often right here. It'll be very soon that you will lose those extra pounds and we want to hear from you all along the way.

Lizabett
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby stelar » February 1st, 2006, 1:13 pm

Hi Jenn :wave:
I'm glad you found us. I have never been part of a more supportive board! :goteam: These ladies & men are awesome! I'm impressed that you are watching your weight & taking control of it NOW.

Put your feet up, grab a shake & join us any time! ;)

Shakin' it with you!
Stela
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.