Green Horn

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Green Horn

Postby Mickey » March 21st, 2006, 1:31 pm

Hey Y'all! Mickey from West Texas here.

Just happened to stumble onto this wonderful forum. I am so excited to find a place where I can support others and be supported as well :D
The Medifast web site has a forum, but I like this much better. Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Pettit!

I started MFing just yesterday and have to say it was tough. Today however, I don't feel as hungry but the french vanilla shakes are YUCKY! I'm disappointed because so far, all the other food has been tasty. Any ideas on how to make them palatable?

BTW, are Butter Buds "legal?" Kind of curious because here in West Texas we take butter, sugar, and cream in our oatmeal. I can do without the sugar and cream, but the butter is a must. Butter Buds have 5 calories, 0 fat, and 2 carbs per 1 tsp. serving.

Hello again,
Mickey
Mickey

Postby Nancy » March 21st, 2006, 1:45 pm

:byebye: Hi there, Mickey!

Welcome to you! :cheermed:

Day 2 already, eh? You are off to a great start - no looking back, just full steam ahead to Thinville for you!

Yes, I can relate to your comment about the butter on your oatmeal - that's how I like it, too. :eat: Yes, you may use some Butter Buds or some of the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray on your oatmeal.

Now about those very sweet :puke: Vanilla Shakes...

I hear ya. They can be doctored up in many ways - go to the Web Room here called, "Lean Cuisine" and you will find a storehouse of recipes and great ideas.

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/medifast-16.html

Some nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves will tone that sweet taste down considerably, a teaspoon of instant coffee or some tart Raspberry Ice Crystal Light will help, too.

:goodluck:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby bzlife1967 » March 21st, 2006, 2:19 pm

:bouncieball: WELCOME :bouncieball:

You have found the best MF sight around. Tons of great, supportive people and advisors!!

Try the cinnabon recipe for the vanilla shake it is yummmy, I didn't like the vanilla at first either but now am kinda sad I didn't buy any this time. Your taste's do change as you go and pretty soon most all of the food will be delicious to you. Take a good look at the lean cuisine and then make a trip to the store to stock up on all the good idea's for add ins! The Davinci SF syrups are wonderful as are any flavored extracts you use in the shakes. Butter extract is a good choice too add to many things including veggies!!
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Mickey » March 21st, 2006, 2:30 pm

Thanks for the advice, y'all. I look forward to learning how to make all the Medifast foods even better.

My biggest thing now is trying not to step on the scale today or every day of my journey toward my goal. I feel like it would discourage me because I am such an impatient person. Guess I'll trash that scale (or at least hide it) for now.
Mickey
5'3"

Mickey

Postby bzlife1967 » March 21st, 2006, 2:35 pm

Your gonna do great!! A little funny on hiding the scale, I have the same problem ...... so let me just say this.... Hi, Im Geri and I'm a scale-a-holic.... everyone together now.. Hello Geri!! LOL I had my kids hide it from me so that I couldn't weigh all the time, It being spring break they are at their dads house so I had to tear the house apart on Sunday and find it to weigh... found the lil sucker under my son's bed though!!

I find I let those dang lil #'s affect my attitude too much. I did weigh every day for the first week now just once a week.

Good luck < You won't be needing luck with MF!!

Geri
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby just_julie » March 21st, 2006, 2:50 pm

Howdy and welcome Mickey! I went to school in West Texas. You'll find the Texas pride is strong around these here parts of the MakeMeThinner Forum. :wave:
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Joelie » March 21st, 2006, 2:53 pm

:wave: Hi Mickey and Image

So glad ya stumbled in and decided to join! You'll do GREAT with all the inspiration around here.

West Texas here too!
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » March 21st, 2006, 2:56 pm

Welcome Mickey! I just wanted to say hello!

My two cents is that I love the I can't believe it's not butter spray, but I haven't tried it in the oatmeal!

I'm definitely a fan of cinnamon in my vanilla shakes, tones down the sweet taste. I also like them better now than I did in the beginning, because they mix up so completely!

Anyway, welcome to the best forums in the world! We're the greatest cheerleaders and biggest naggers you've met! Ask us anything you need to!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mickey » March 21st, 2006, 3:50 pm

You guys are great! How do I get one of those cool ruler thingamabobs? Thanks for the encouragement today. I had to remind myself to eat my 4:15 meal! :lol:
Mickey
5'3"

Mickey

Postby just_julie » March 21st, 2006, 4:20 pm

I went to tickerfactory dot com. After you create one for "Weight Loss" by following the prompts, you copy and paste the "BB" code into your signature area in your Profile. There's a link to your profile at the top of this page. You have to keep updating it as you lose, but it's fun to see everyone's progress!
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie

Postby MusicalMomma » March 21st, 2006, 4:46 pm

Welcome Mickey :wave: Glad you're here :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Drama Queen » March 21st, 2006, 6:22 pm

Hi Mickey,

Welcome aboard the train to Thinsville!! So glad you found us. I look forward to getting to know you!!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby ToyDiva » March 21st, 2006, 7:43 pm

Hi Mickey,

You already sound like a barrell of laughs. Definitely check out the Lean Cuisine section of this forum. It saved my life! I don't think I would have lasted very long without all the great suggestions and recipes. I use lots of extracts, Davinci sugar free syrups and even diet soda in my shakes. I find using a blender to make the shakes with ice makes the shakes taste very good. I also use Splenda in my shakes and oatmeal.

This board is awesome! Everyone is very supportive and encouraging.

My husband is also doing MF. He is a chronic scale weigher. I guess I'd rather he be addicted to the scale than to Little Devils, I mean Little Debbie's!

Welcome to the road to Thinville!

And remember to drink up!:water:
Started 02/21/6

ToyDiva

Postby Joelie » March 22nd, 2006, 5:15 am

1) Mix them with diet orange pop/soda (not sure which term is used in TX)

In TX we call everything "coke". Image
Joelie

Postby Pashta » March 22nd, 2006, 7:53 am

Welcome, Mickey! :wave:

Welcome to this great forum! I haven't tried any of the vanilla shakes yet, actually I only tried one shake so far, that was dutch chocolate. It wasn't bad, it was better than the slimfast ones. :)

There a ton of add-ins posted in the Lean Cuisine section of this forum for vanilla shakes, so it shouldn't be a problem, just get a little creative!

:chef:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.