Great day

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Great day

Postby want2Bthin » April 28th, 2005, 4:07 pm

I am so excited. I had to go to my family doctor today. It is a very long story so I won't bore you all but he was very RUDE to me. I was very upset and so was my husband.

I am a huge emotional eater! When we left there I started thinking about what "bad" food could I eat.

We went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. I actually debated for a while about cheating when I was deciding what to order- even talked about it aloud to my hubby & daughter. I have been 100% compliant since the beginning so I was upset to even have these thoughts. My hubby kindly reminded me to keep the end result in my mind. I guess those few words made me stop and think about how far I've made it and where I want to end up.

I ordered grilled chicken tenders & green beans! I did it! For the first time in my adult life I did not turn to food for comfort! I feel so empowered.

I just wanted to share that. It is a huge thing for me.

Thanks for listening,
Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 28th, 2005, 4:17 pm

I am so so proud of you!!!! We don't have Cracker Barrels around here but I remember them from Texas. I immediately had a flashback on those baskets of HOT PIPING BISCUITS!!!! I felt something akin to arousal :oops: Even when I was thin I was a big girl waiting to happen. I COVETED those biscuits!!! You were awesome!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 28th, 2005, 4:21 pm

Weigh to go Angelia!! :yes: Isn't it good to know that you can go out to eat and stay on track.

I'm glad your husband KINDLY reminded you. My husband would have said, "Good lord woman, you can't possibly be that hungry." Your husband sounds like a keeper.

It's funny I just told my husband last night that I too for the 1st time in my life made good choices when we went out to eat at RED LOBSTER. I ordered like a skinny person would. That's because I am a skinny person, at least on the inside.

With your determination you will be at goal in no time. You are a great example to the rest of us.

I'm sorry the dr was so rude to you, but you handled it like a pro.

DonicaB :yeah:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby want2Bthin » April 28th, 2005, 4:29 pm

Biki- Thank you so much! Luckily we didn't have them bring the biscuits to the table.

Donica- Yep- my hubby is for sure a keeper. He is my biggest supporter in this. That is my new motto, I am a skinny person, atleast on the inside. I am going to put that in the front of my journal. Thanks for the support.

Angelia
want2Bthin

Postby 24KaratGold » April 28th, 2005, 4:31 pm

Oh, that is the biggest possible step! Congratulations! Now you know that you can and will make it. Pat yourself on the back, lady! And yes, the hubby sounds like a keeper.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » April 28th, 2005, 5:17 pm

Ok Angelia........... :twisted: the whole doctor thing pisses me off beyond your imagination :x I want to know WHY that doctor was rude to you? Did you PAY the idiot? Did you ask him where his TIP jar is because his service was so good you'd better pay him extra??? grrrrrrr

2nd..........as you know Cracker Barrell was a problem for me last week when I had some bites of biscuit. WAY TO GO GIRLIE!! And don't those green beans ROCK!!! Dang I love their green beans!!

Biki.........you DEFINITELY don't get out of your house very much because I think every 5 miles on I95 has a Cracker Barrell!! They are EVERYWHERE up here. You have GOT to get out more!!

And forget about "let's be skinny on the inside!" That's fine for now, but we're gonna be SKINNY ON THE FREAKING OUTSIDE FOR THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD TO SEE BEFORE LONG!!! hehe I'm just kidding......well......not really. Positive imagery is awesome for all of us. But I'll be danged if we're gonna do this and not look like HOT MAMAS too 8)

CHEERS everybody!
Christi
P.S. I'm headed to NC for the weekend to see my best friend. We won't be back until really late Sunday night so I'll miss roll call early. I will check in when we get home though. I'll be having forum withdrawals by then anyway lol
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » April 28th, 2005, 6:22 pm

Christi the only reason I leave DC is to go to Neiman Marcus or Pentagon City. I don't drive so I take a cab or Metro. I have nicely avoided seeing a Cracker Barrel. Hubby couldn't eat there anyway because it tastes like their vegetables are probably flavored with animal fat. That's what makes them so good :lol: I will pretend that you didn't tell me there was one nearby! And I am NOT KIDDING when I tell you guys I do not get out much!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby bikipatra » April 28th, 2005, 6:26 pm

I had to check...my nearest CB is 26 miles away in Dumfries VA. No wonder I haven't seen it....
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby LilMsTexas » April 29th, 2005, 3:16 am

There is a CB in my dad gum work place shopping center. It is literally EYE distance from my office! I thank you for ruining the dillusion I had going on in my head about the green beans :? I was telling myself they did NOT get that awesome seasoning from ANIMAL FAT......it was just "special sauce" ;) Now I'm as southern as a person is going to get and I "knew" they were doing certain things.........but I have a strict "don't ask don't tell" about those green beans! We'll be driving to NC tonight and we'll be eating at CB on the way for dinner tonight. It is a place where every member of my family can eat and remain faithful to their individual diet plan. In the case of my boys it's pig out city!! lol

NO BISCUIT BITES for me tonight!! Raging River showed up last night.....one week early........so let's keep the faith that I'll be resistant!! Just writing that down ensures that I won't cheat!!

And since I'm on a roll here. Biki I would love to see you get out of the house at least for a little walk every single day as part of your PLAN! You need to see the trees blooming and the grass growing and the flowers budding and the SUN! Get some fresh air and a tad of exercise. linger on the beauty of the day.......especially before the raging summer heat gets here!

I challenge you to have a brief outing every single day!

I'll be checking on you!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby want2Bthin » April 29th, 2005, 6:43 am

Thank you all for your support.

Christi- Don't you worry. I will NO longer being going to the same family doctor. He was great when I started seeing him 3 years ago. But you see, I was in a car accident in November and I have had to see him every 1-2 weeks since then so I have been able to get a reality check about his personality. I don't understand why he acted the way he did yesterday- even the medical assistant was stressed b/c they were running an hour behind- but she was still pleasant. I am pretty tuff so for someone to hurt my feelings as bad as he did tells you something.

I know now that I can deal with stress without eating to try to comfort myself. This is so exciting for me b/c I have a long road ahead of me and now I know I can & will make it!

Angelia :D
want2Bthin

Postby KeleeGrl » April 29th, 2005, 8:32 am

Congratulations Angelia. :cleader: I know where your coming from, believe me. I bartend :guzzle: two nights a week in addition to my regular job and that is where I have a heck of a time. I just started MF this past Monday 4/25, and so this Wednesday was my first "wing night" :turkey: (we have the best wings around town) I had to work since I've started. It was very, very, very tempting and they smell sooooooooo good, but I didn't touch one! I can honestly say, that's the only time that I've felt hungry since I started!
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby want2Bthin » April 29th, 2005, 10:48 am

KeleeGrl-
Thanks! Congrats to you on avoiding the wings! That would be hard to have to smell them during your entire shift. You should be very proud for staying compliant.

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin

Postby bikipatra » April 29th, 2005, 11:59 am

Christi you are so right about the walk! I haven't beem on a walk other than to got to the corner store since Sunday. I did walk a mile on Sunday though. I worry about myself though. Doesn't your body need sunlight to use vitamin D? I will start walking! Have fun in North Carolina Christi!
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby dlr2424 » April 29th, 2005, 6:22 pm

Angelia............I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............. :hug: ........You are going to master this for the last time............ :yay: ..............And not only are you a skinny person on the inside waiting to emerge............your a beautiful person on the inside and outside as well!!!!!!!!!!!!...... :yes: ..........keep up the great work....and as far as the Dr. goes..... :hmmm: .........well he just needs prayers....... :angel: .........he must be an unhappy person............ :huh:

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

One More Thing...

Postby LessOfMe » April 29th, 2005, 10:51 pm

I have noticed that since I've been on the TSFL program, I am faced with dealing with my emotions and addressing issues rather than stuffing them inside with food. Maybe that is the part of "growing up" that I missed and resulted in my weight problem all of my life! I think that is what you experienced, too, Angelia. Like me, you were going to react to what your Dr. did by eating it away. Instead, you have been pro-active and decided to change Dr.'s.

When I consider how good I feel about myself ... and I don't just mean the weight loss.... I just can't give up. For the first time in longer than I can remember, I am making a choice for a better life, better health .... a better "me."

Congratulations on your success, Angelia!
284 > 238 >

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:1-3
LessOfMe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room