I got really angry with myself

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I got really angry with myself

Postby falisamarie » January 23rd, 2006, 7:10 pm

As most of you probably know I had a weak day yesterday. :cry: However, I got very angry with myself and wanted to share with you guys what I told myself in the midst of the cravings :twisted: When I had finally had it with feeling sorry for myself :tears: I told myself "look Lisa, you can have anything you want to eat and you can eat as much of it as you want but if you do then you are accepting the fact that you will have to go back to day 1 and do the first 3days all over again not to mention taking the chance of gaining a pound or two." When I looked at it that way, that I could have anything I wanted that no one was stopping me from stuffing my face but me :bib: I realized that I am not depriving myself I am chosing to eat this way so that in the end I will be much happier and healthier and feel much better than any binge could ever make me feel!!!!!!!!! :boing: I have been there and done that eaten everything in sight whenever I wanted and all it gave back to me was 130lbs of extra flabbage!!!!

I hope this helps someone the next time they are down on themselves or feeling deprived :pace:

Keep shaking and keep posting we can do this together :goteam:

I love you guys

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Making Choices

Postby Jan » January 23rd, 2006, 7:50 pm

Wow Lisa,
You are really really getting smart. And you are absolutely right about making choices!! :D We can choose to stuff ourselves but then we have to deal with the consequences :( . Really the only one we're hurting when we decide to do that is ourselves. :( (of course we really do want to be healthy for our hubbies and children :D -- and most of us want to be around to see our grandchildren :D ) But we need to remember what happens to us -- happens to us. We are the one that has to live with diabetes, joint problems, stomach problems and cancer. We are the one who causes the problem for ourselves. It's all in the choices we make day in and day out. We are the only one who can really decide if stuffing our mouth is worth it and we are really the only one who can choose what we put in our mouths.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby cydj21 » January 23rd, 2006, 8:11 pm

:bow: You are wonderful.

I am hereby nominating you for the angel of the week award. I just made it up, what do you think? ;) :lol: You have imparted such wisdom and motivation this week. You have inspired me to do some soul searching, and to really think deep about so many of the issues we all share.

I just thought you should know that things you say give me a pick me up late at night that has nothing to do with sugar, and I couldn't be more grateful. :hug:
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby DogMa » January 23rd, 2006, 10:54 pm

Great job, Lisa!! I do something similar when people are offering something and ask if I can have any. I tell them I CAN have anything I want, but I choose not to.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby falisamarie » January 24th, 2006, 7:11 am

Cyd and Vicky-

You two are so sweet :D Trust me I don't feel like a heroine or an angel :angel: but I must say that your words really lifted my spirits and gave me extra motivation to keep on going :whip: So it is good to know that I helped you guys but I want you to know that you helped me just as much!! :yay: That is why this forum is such a great place it makes it so much easier doing this with the support of others :pet: .

Robin--You are so wise and it is funny but when the realization that I wasn't being deprived but rather making choices for myself it hit me like a ton of bricks :bricks: something so simple and yet for me so motivating

You all rock!!!! :yourock:

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Postby MusicalMomma » January 24th, 2006, 8:18 am

WOW, That's really great Lisa!!! Way to go!!!! You are so right! When we take the time to "talk to ourselves" about our issues, we are empowered to make good choices!!!! If our hubbies, kids or friends were dealing with a difficult issue, we'd talk to them about it and try to guide them the best we can. We need to look ourselves in the eye once in a while and talk to ourselves just like we would a good friend that is struggling with a serious issue. KUDOS Lisa!!! Angel of the week!!!!! :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » January 24th, 2006, 11:27 am

awwww thanks Vicky :) :oops: You're so sweet :hug:

Hubby has about 200 pounds to lose, so I'm happy for him to lose bigger chunks and faster :) This way, we should both reach goal around the same time.
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room