Getting Easier

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Getting Easier

Postby Mefirst » August 24th, 2005, 5:57 pm

Ok, so after 2 weeks, I can say this is definately getting easier. I actually let my daughter make my favorite chocolate chip cookies and I didn't even stop to smell them!! :yes: I've discovered that if I am not in the room when the kids and DH are eating, I can resist. I even went so far as to cook them a really yummy dinner and didn't "sample taste" anything. :yippee: Also, and even bigger event for me, I sneaked on the scale this morning and..... 11 lbs in 2 weeks!! Only 48 lbs to go!!!

~Stephanie~
Mefirst
Newbie - #10 Club

Re: Getting Easier

Postby BerkshireGrl » August 24th, 2005, 6:22 pm

Stephanie,

You are doing GREAT! Whoa, the smell of baking cookies is pure TEMPTATION!

Bravo, you were very :weightlift: !

I agree, it is really easier if you don't watch people eating! Or have to smell it.. or see it! :lol: (Killer for me is smelling the hot McDonalds fries my coworkers bring into our department, oh man... torture... or the gigantic boxes of donuts FedEx leaves for us as a "thank you for your business" gift! ACK!)

And kudos for resisting the tasty dinner treats! You are certainly being justly rewarded with 11 pounds gone in 2 weeks! (Gosh, I would love to lose that much in two weeks!)

Fabulouso! :yippee:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby martha » August 24th, 2005, 6:27 pm

STEPHANIE--

WOW!!!!!!!!!! 11# off in 2 weeks is GREAT :mrgreen: You are really on a roll now...the last 48# should come right off too :D You did really good wiht all of the food you have been exposed too.Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing less of you at this weeks weigh-in..have a blessed week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby aimalasplace » August 25th, 2005, 1:23 am

Wow that is so great, I hope soon I can make my boyfriend some potatoes, rice or pasta. I couldn't do it now thats for sure! :flip:
I think for me the one worse thing than popcorn is fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies. I even had made a recipe up that everyone loves. They will be sad this :bahhumbug: x-mas with me not baking any cookies- unless they want the oatmeal ones LOL
Aimeé
32 5'3"
230/230/199
Start 10/31/05

aimalasplace
Trusted Member

Postby Mefirst » August 25th, 2005, 9:20 am

I'm a stay at home Mom so in the past, I cooked - alot! :flip: My DH never wanted to go to a restaraunt because he loved my cooking. Now, after feeding him yummy food for 5 years, he's gained 50 lbs :oops: ( I said I cooked, just not healthy!) He and the kids are all seeing that if I can have the determination to do this and not eat the pasta, cheesecake, and all the other unhealthy foods, that they can eat healthier too. :yes: They do still get the occasional fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and my 3 year old loves popcorn!! Hopefully though, DH see the difference in me and want to change his lifestyle too.

I'm so glad I found this forum, I've been sitting silently, reading for almost a month - and after seeing the kind of support ya'll truly give, I've come out of hiding!! :wave:

~Stephanie~
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Mefirst
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby martha » August 25th, 2005, 11:43 pm

STEPHANIE--

We are so glad to have you with us and out of hiding :mrgreen: i too love to cook and my loving hubby gained weight as a result..He started this program with me and now he has lost over 40#. He lost his so fast. :x Men usually do....He is on maintance and doing great..It really helped me to stay focused.. when we eat out now we eat on program and I have learned to try all kinds of things I never liked before and the KICKER is I like them :mrgreen: :mrgreen: go figure :lol: ..Good luck with your program and you never know--he might just decide to do it with you and you can cross into THINSVILLE together..Now that would be GREAT :mrgreen: --martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to The Weight Room