Gearing up to start tomorrow!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Gearing up to start tomorrow!

Postby mmob » January 22nd, 2006, 1:06 pm

I am not sure at all that this is the best TIME in my life to try this - but in a sense maybe it is.

My dad is dying from cancer - I am going down to Florida to help every few weeks and leaving my hubby here with three kids and a full schedule. I have so much stress right now- but at the same time - I want to be able to handle it and not end up with a heart attack or something.

I'm nervous about starting - been reading - see a lot of people that re-start - so makes me worry that I won't stick to it either. I have 75 lbs really that I want to lose. I'm worried that the call of cheese and salty things will get me - and I'm worried that with the family meals I must still make I won't be strong enough - but I hope I will.

I am so so so looking forward to being thin again - I was never heavy in my younger years and I so miss that feeling. I also don't want my dad's last memories of me to be of me being fat. I know that sounds so strange but.....

So - here goes - I think I need to check out the lien cuisine forum too for some ideas. I tried a peanut butter bar last night - to see - eh - it was ok - not awful as I expected. So hopefully I will stick to this and meet my goals.

Cheers!
Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby stressful times » January 22nd, 2006, 5:11 pm

Hi Maria,

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. You have a lot to deal with right now with your dad and managing a husband, home, and three kids.

I actually started MF during a very stressful time in my life and it worked out great. It helped me not turn to food and gain weight like usual. And really, it made my life so much more manageable not having to worry about what to eat. I also felt so much better physically and emotionally.

Good luck to you.
stressful times

Postby Trixie » January 22nd, 2006, 5:31 pm

Welcome Maria. :wave: You are taking a great step by taking care of yourself in this challenging time.

When you feel weak, just keep coming back to this forum. The great folks on here will help lift you up and encourage you as you go. :hug:
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby cydj21 » January 22nd, 2006, 5:36 pm

Trixie is absolutely right. You are taking an amazing step for yourself...and you are realistic to realize that it will be tough during this difficult time for you and your family. That doesn't change the fact that you have made a really great decision that will ultimately benefit not only you, but your husband and kids as well. :hug:

Plus, now you have a great new group of friends to help you through all of this...the good, the bad, and the ugly. :D Good luck as you begin your journey...
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby SueInSLO » January 22nd, 2006, 5:43 pm

Hello Maria,

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I lost my Mom on Oct. 22nd this past year of cancer. I don't think I could have gotten through it without Hospice. They were a blessing to my Mom as well as myself and my family.

As for starting MF now... I only wish I knew about MF at that time. It is the one thing you will be able to control in your life. So I say go for it. I always felt like I was falling....had no control of anything as I took care of my Mom. Food was my comfort, but that was an excuse. What a great opportunity for you now.

Having MF will be a positive thing in your life. YOU can have that control and feel better each and everyday as you go along.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble. I was just remembering how I felt.
My best wishes and prayers to you and your family at this difficult time.

Blessings,
Sue
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Zinkette99 » January 22nd, 2006, 5:43 pm

mmob-- First of all, you are in my prayers. I am sorry to hear about your father. Second of all, your request to have your dad see you thin before he dies is not strange at all. You want him to leave this world with his last image of you looking the best you can- healthy and happy with yourself. I am rooting for you BIG TIME, mmob. I know you can do it. You do so much already! You can do this.
25 years old
5'8
Started MF'ing: 6/5/06
267/247/135

"Strive for perfection, allow for error. If you haven't given up, you haven't failed."
Courtesy of ChiNut :):)
Zinkette99
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.