My first weigh-in

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

My first weigh-in

Postby LeeannNH » May 10th, 2005, 3:07 pm

hi everyone

i just wanted to share that i just had my first weigh-in with my doctor and i had lost 10 lbs in week 1!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

i cannot believe it. :shock: i thought i would pass out i was so excited. my doctor was too. i have to weigh in on tuesdays so i cant really do the sunday weight hootenannie. i am not allowed to weigh myself alone (per doctors orders due to my highly emotional eating issues :( ) i figured i would just post here on tuesdays.

i realize this is probably all H2O but it was nice to have had a loss, since it has been forever since i had lost anything (well except my mind or my car keys!). i assume my loss will slow dramatically this week which i understand.

i am a very sedentary person. i work at home on the computer all day and was planning to start exercising in another week or so. i have so much to lose (100#) i just want to keep getting this off. is there anyone here that has this similar starting lifestyle or had this similar starting lifestyle? i would love to hear if you adhered to the waiting 4 weeks to start walking and when you did only walking 10 minutes.

ok so i am rambling! everyone have a great night!!!!

leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby want2Bthin » May 10th, 2005, 3:49 pm

LeeAnn-

Congrats on 10 pounds gone forever!!! That is so great. I bet you feel wonderful already. :clap:

I guess my situation is somewhat similar to yours. Except I started with 151 pounds to lose (YUK)! I waited 4 weeks before I started any exercise. :goofyjump: I now walk about 15 minutes a day. I also do a video called Body Flex (not demanding-you use breathing and a resistance band). I love this program and can't wait to be to a healthy weight.

I am so happy for you! Can't wait until next week to hear how you've done. I have a sister named LeiAnn so I won't forget to follow your progress.

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LeeannNH » May 10th, 2005, 4:44 pm

hi angelia!

thanks for the sweet note and for the info on the exercise. i see you are from kentucky, im originally from tennessee. yee haw!

its nice to have met you and good luck with your journey
leeann

:bounce:
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby DonicaB » May 10th, 2005, 5:15 pm

LeeAnn~~ that is fantastic! What a way to start!! You go girl!! :yes:

I am very happy for you. I know you must be very excited and thrilled at your first week's success.

Keep this up and you'll be losing your pants.....he he.......which is OK just don't lose them in public. :clap:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby fatBgone » May 10th, 2005, 8:10 pm

Hey Leeann!
That's AWESOME!!! What a great 1st week!! I'm so excited for you!! You can do this!! We're all here cheering for you!! :cheerleader:
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LeeannNH » May 11th, 2005, 6:19 am

donicab and lisa

thanks--i am VERY excited! i cant even believe it. i feel empowered on this program. im not starving, i have energy and i dont obsess over food ever single moment. it has been a very new experience for me. its weird i feel in control! :D

have you guys had that same experience? i am hoping that i am not having that "new diet" excitement and that the hunger/bad habits will return after a month....how long have you guys been on program and is there a honeymoon period that i should be aware of?

thanks again for cheering for me!!!!!!! you guys are AWESOME!!

leeann
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby fatBgone » May 11th, 2005, 6:38 am

Leeann,
I've been using Medifast for almost 8 weeks now & I am still as excited about it as when I started!! I think this is the best and most successful diet that I've ever tried!!

I did have a little stall about 3 weeks into it, where I wasn't losing anything - but then it started dropping again. I actually just had another one for the past 2 weeks, but am happy to say that it looks like that plateau is gone too. I've dropped 3 pounds so far this week & I still have until Sunday to weigh in, so I'm hoping for a good loss to make up for the past 2 slow weeks. I think that it's probably pretty normal to have these little plateaus every once in a while....our body has to "catch up" with what it's lost. The first time I stalled, I was still super focused and didn't give up & it only took a week before I started losing again. This 2nd time, however, I became a little discouraged and "cheated" on 2 different occasions, so I am taking full responsibility for it taking 2 weeks instead of just one. I think once you get out of ketosis, then you have to start all over again & that's kinda hard.

So, my advice is that if you have a little stall, just accept it & stick with the program & it will be no time before you start losing again!!! I've learned my lesson!!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby LeeannNH » May 11th, 2005, 7:46 am

hey lisa

that is really helpful, thanks. congrats on your loss so far! that is awesome! i guess its normal to have this cautious optimism, especially with all of the diets ive (like everyone here) been on before (WW, Jenny, Nutrisystem, OA, South Beach). its cool to see that you have had so much success after dealing with loss plateaus. ill now know that the diet just needs a chance when that happens and not to give up!!!

thanks again for everything--you are a sweetheart!
leeann
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby Unca_Tim » May 11th, 2005, 9:06 am

Great Job LeeAnn,
Don't worry about weighing in at the "Sunday Roll Call" on a day other than Sunday.

It's posted every Sunday, but if your personal weigh-in is another day, it's fine to post it there. That keeps all our weigh-ins in a weekly forum thread.

Keep up the great work....
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby DonicaB » May 11th, 2005, 9:43 am

Hi LeeAnn~~ I am in the middle of my 6th week. I will admit I have been having days where I am struggling some, but have managed to stay on plan nonetheless. I think part of the problem has been PMS. I noticed yesterday was much better than the few days before that. I am soooooo excited about losing the weight. I just want to keeeeeeeep going. I truly believe that coming to this forum really helps when I start to feel down or frustrated. I always get a kick when I come here. :soccergirl: I love this place. :heart: You are right it is empowering. For the first time in my life, I actually believe I am going to succeed.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby LeeannNH » May 11th, 2005, 10:47 am

donicab

i am having the wonderful TOM as of today about 10 minutes ago--UGH and boy is it a struggle. luckily i have all dutch choc. shakes! that seems to help knowing that i have that at least. im wondering if we retain more because we are drinking more? im not going to stop with my 64 oz. its just i have NEVER drank so much water in my life. and today i feel like a whale! i hadnt felt that way before today and i never felt bloated before mf when TOM was here. i always had flu-like symptoms, fever and general malaise. the positive is that i dont have that now just the BLOAT. :water:

anyhoo! its cool that you have such a positive attitude and that you have stayed true. this forum is way cool 8) and i do think it will be a serious key to my success!!!!!!

have a great rest of the day and thanks for your insights!!!
leeann
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby LeeannNH » May 11th, 2005, 10:52 am

hey unca!

thats a cool idea with the weekly weigh in. its really cool to read about people's successes and interesting to see the encouragement folks get when they have a disappointing week. i have never signed up for a web posting site before but this is such a great site!

thanks for the positive re-enforcement (sp?)
leeann :mrgreen:
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby dlr2424 » May 11th, 2005, 11:49 am

Leeann...........I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!.....This journey is unlike any other........ :yeah: .......the forum is the icing on the shake............... :eat: ..........YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!...........I have been on MF for 3 months now..... :yes:.... ..& with the grace of God have stayed 100% compliant.....even thru the plateaus.....I feel I am a very slow loser.......but...........I'm happy to say I"M STILL A LOSER ............... :yay: ........this is the ONLY diet I have ever been on that I consistently lost weight on .....health wise.... felt truly great ...I'm so glad you are part of this losing team............. :goteam: ..........and by the way.......I can so relate to the obsessing over food......but that is in our past now............ :D
Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LuzInIt » May 12th, 2005, 7:58 am

Hi Leeann - You are off to a great start! Congratulations! I just completed my 7th week on Medifast. My losses have been like this: 13.5 - 3 - 2.5 - 3.5 - 0 - 8 - 5.9. We all have a different experience with our losses, but if you are aware that those 0 weeks are coming and are prepared for them, you'll do fine. After my first week, I calculated that, at 13 pounds a week, I would be at my minus 160 pound goal in 12 weeks :D . Obviously, I've had to recalculate ;) . Have fun with this diet. If anything, I get more excited about it every week. For the first time in my life, I am seeing myself as not just a "less fat" person because of a diet, but as a truly lean mean machine. I've already applied to be the token old lady on "Survivor" next year.
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby DonicaB » May 12th, 2005, 10:01 am

LuzInIt wrote: After my first week, I calculated that, at 13 pounds a week, I would be at my minus 160 pound goal in 12 weeks :D . Obviously, I've had to recalculate ;) .

OMG Linda, you totally had me rolling on that one. :roflmao: :roflmao: Too bad it doesn't work that way, huh?

Thanks for the laugh.

DonicaB :yay:
DonicaB
Preferred member

Next

Return to The Weight Room