First week....and nothing?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

First week....and nothing?

Postby AlexLHH » June 19th, 2006, 8:28 pm

I just did my first week and proudly went to weigh myself... gained a pound. I did everything perfectly (I'm really anal with this kind of thing...measuring cups, of course)
I guess I knew I didn't feel a change, but I read about so many people's huge losses the first week so somewhere in there I kept hoping...

I guess I will just stick with it and see what happens. But why, oh why, DID I GAIN weight? Should I cut out the L&G and just do full fast?

Anyone have a similar experience?
AlexLHH

Postby LovenElvis » June 19th, 2006, 8:31 pm

May I ask what your day is like? Food wise?

Laura
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » June 19th, 2006, 8:38 pm

Yes, please post exactly what you're having and when. I've been here a year, and I don't think I've seen anyone not lose at ALL the first week. Let alone gain.

And are you exercising?
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Unca_Tim » June 19th, 2006, 9:26 pm

Hi Alex and welcome to the forum,
Post your meal schedule, water, health issues, stress, meds, exercise and anything else you can think of that might influence your results.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby sidrah » June 19th, 2006, 9:39 pm

Maybe it is just the lead up to a really big pound dumpage brewing :?:

No way it was all for nothing
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby Arklahoma » June 20th, 2006, 2:22 am

Very interested to see you eating schedule and lifestyle. I agree with DogMa, I don't think I've ever known anyone to gain their first week.
Arklahoma

Postby AlexLHH » June 20th, 2006, 3:18 pm

Hi everyone!

Sidrah, I really hope you are right and that this week will show a loss worth 2 weeks.

To answer the questions:
My lifestyle is something like: sit in an office all day, come home, walk dogs, sleep. I was doing the couch-5k running program up til I started medifast, in part because of medifast and in part because of a healing sprained ankle.

My supplements go like this: I have 2 shakes before 1 and a bar at 1:30-2. Then when I get home, I have another shake. around 6:30, I'll usually eat my L&G, which has been so far a chicken breast and broccolli, every day. Around 7-8 I make 1 pack of oatmeal into pancakes or cookies. I didn't stray much from this pattern on any particular day.
I am definitely getting in my water, which is not really new for me because I always drink at least 2L a day (used to do vocal training in college where constant fluids was sort of mandatory)...
I'm under a little bit of stress I suppose, perhaps more than usual but not THAT much more.
I'm on birth control.
The only other thing I can think of is that this weight came on really fast and inexplicably over the past 2-3 months. So that was strange.
On the upside, I feel pretty good and not hungry, and I DO have a weird taste in my mouth which I hear is a good sign.
AlexLHH

Postby DogMa » June 20th, 2006, 3:40 pm

Have you seen your doctor?? If the weight came in "really fast and inexplicably," I certainly hope so. If you haven't, I urge you to do so. Right away.

The only other thing I see is some meals seem spaced kind of close together (and some far apart), but it's hard to tell since you didn't give specific times on a lot of 'em. But if you have your L&G at 6:30, for instance, then you shouldn't be having another meal between 7 and 8. That would be as little as half an hour between meals.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby SharonR » June 20th, 2006, 3:42 pm

You sound like you did everything right. How much weight are you trying to lose?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby AlexLHH » June 20th, 2006, 3:55 pm

I haven't been able to get a doctor's appointment until July 7. And before that I wasn't in the US and medical care sans insurance was expensive.

It's hard to space those meals exactly, especially at work. Do you guys really think spacing them not exactly more than 2 hrs apart is what did it?

I'm trying to lose about 40 pounds. 10 of them were kicking around from too many tap beers over the past few years, and 30 just magically showed up over the past few months, although I didn't really do anything different. Also have needed a lot more sleep, so will tell doctor this July 7.
AlexLHH

Postby DogMa » June 20th, 2006, 4:06 pm

No, I doubt the spacing is that big a problem, although I think half an hour is too close most of the time. I hate to say it, and I hope I'm wrong, but it sure sounds like it could be something medical (then again, maybe it's something easily fixed, in which case that'd be a good thing).

I'm glad you have an appointment, though. And who knows? Maybe it WILL all of a sudden start dropping off in your second week.

Keep us posted!
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Rooting for ya

Postby Misty » June 20th, 2006, 4:09 pm

Well dang Alex that is just unheard of something is a miss there is no way to gain weight after consuming 800-1000 cals a day. Are you on any medication other than bc pills? Is it possible you are pregnant? I have a bc baby. I am rooting for ya. Keep us posted

Misty
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

Restart 6/12/06
Misty
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby AlexLHH » June 20th, 2006, 5:31 pm

Ok, next time I weigh in, I'm definitely going to post about it.

I have all those signs of ketosis, so something MUST be happening! I'm going to just stop thinking about it and have a little faith. And see the doctor. :)
AlexLHH

Postby AlexLHH » June 30th, 2006, 8:23 am

If anyone remembers this thread, just thought I'd let you know that this week I lost 3 pounds, for a total loss of 2. Not as fast as other people, but I feel pretty good!

Thanks everyone for your concern

Oh, and I have a doctor's appointment in 2 hours
AlexLHH

Postby Arklahoma » June 30th, 2006, 9:16 am

That's great news!
Best of luck at the doctor.
Arklahoma

Next

Return to The Weight Room