First week and no loss :( and questions

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

First week and no loss :( and questions

Postby FORMOMMY » April 9th, 2006, 1:33 pm

So I weigh in tomorrow officially but as of today, I am the same weight I was last Monday. I didn't change anything this week so I am a little confused.

Here is a question: I was thinking if this is a plateau already, maybe i should do the 6 supplements for one week to shake things up or to just change things up. Do you think this would be a good idea? I am not depressed - well not too much anyway. But I don't want this standstill to happen again.

Oh...the one thing I was thinking that I have done differently the past 2 weeks is taking Sugar Free Fiber Choice to help with the "sandbox" issues I've been having. Now, I know others have used it but I was reading the label and was a bit surprised that it had 4 carbs for 2 tablets. Now I know we need to be careful of carbs - so I got concerned. I have to take 2 in the morning and 2 at night to help me. Could that be why I stalled? If so, what else can I do since I do need a little help in that area? Not to get into specifics but I didn't visit the "sandbox" for 2 days and finally did today - that isn't good for me (trust me).

So - any input/advice/consoling is welcomed :D
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 9th, 2006, 1:40 pm

Well I will tell you the Fiber did not work for me either so I found a gentle natural laxative and use it only once a week if I am having issues.

Senekot is a good one and you can find them at any grocery/drug store!

Don't worry that scale will move again

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 9th, 2006, 1:54 pm

Lisa,

It does work for the most part but I didn't know if there are too many carbs in it?
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby DogMa » April 9th, 2006, 2:52 pm

I think she meant it didn't work out for her because it interfered with her weight loss ...
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

That scale will move again..

Postby Ginabobina1969 » April 9th, 2006, 6:14 pm

You hang in there woman!! I am not sure if that amount of carbs would be an issue or not but I know for me just knowing that I am taking something with ANY extra carbs...gets me ancy.. lol

When I have "issues" of the nature your talking about :lol: I take 1 or 2 correctol and it works jussssst fine.

Also, I see your at around 36 pounds gone..I am pretty sure I have seen it mentioned several times that "around" 40 pounds many people have a plateau. Stay compliant and the scale WILL start it's journey downward again. You can do it!!

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 9th, 2006, 7:10 pm

Thanks Gina - I was hoping not to have to take any laxatives - I thought using these would be better.

I kind of remember reading here and there about plateuas at the point where I am - guess I didn't think it would happen TO ME - HA!! :shades:

I am going to do the 6 supplments instead of the 5 &1 to see if that shakes things up - can't hurt right? :idontknow:

By the way, I may live in New ENgland but we are STEELER fans here in this house - WOO HOO!!!! STEELERS RULE!! :kool:

Thanks again Gina.
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby Dayna » April 9th, 2006, 10:04 pm

That's a curious thing, about the fiber tablets . . . now, I know that grams of fiber are always counted as carbohydrates, but our body doesn't process the fiber (because it's, well, fiber), so those grams don't really count. At least, that's my understanding. So I wonder how many of the carbs listed are carbs that will affect your body, and how many are carbs that won't? Does it specifically list fiber under the carb count?

Sometimes, at a certain point during weightloss, I think our bodies need a moment to take stock and regroup. Almost as if our bodies need to reset the ol' internal weight-o-meter, or something. Perhaps that's what's going on for you - just a brief time out, while your body looks at the situation and decides how to proceed.

On the other hand, shaking (no pun intended) things up a bit might be a good idea (at least you'll feel you're being proactive :mrgreen:). Be careful with the full fast, if you're planning to do it for any length of time (remember, that's the plan that must be physician-monitored). What about cutting out your bar? What about using only shakes as your supplements? Why not try adding some light exercise in (if you haven't already)?

Also remember the things that can cause stalls in our weightloss, of which hormones and TOM are major offenders. Also ALSO* remember that you may still be losing inches while the scale is stalled.

Good luck - keep us posted!

- Dayna

* I had visions of the opening credits of Holy Grail while typing that . . .
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna

Postby FORMOMMY » April 10th, 2006, 6:05 am

Dayna,

The ingredients say 4 g for carbs and then under it Dietary Fiber - 4g. See that is what I thought - that it was fiber so it wouldn't do any harm. It probably is just a stall as you said and not the fiber tablets.

I plan on only doing the full fast for this week to "shake" it up so to speak. I love doing the 5&1 so I wouldn't do the full fast that long. I thought of the other alternatives you mentioned but I want to try this first.

Thank you all for your inputs and advice. I will let you know how my week goes.

Big losses for everyone this week I pray!!!!!!!

:goteam:
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby Arklahoma » April 10th, 2006, 4:49 pm

FORMOMMY ... Just want to reiterate that the 6/0 plan is not recommended unless you're being monitored by a physician. I do the full fast and it's great, but consuming only MF is considered a very low calorie diet (VLCD) in medical jargon and can cause some real health issues in some people. You might be susceptible and you might not, but why risk it?

Also, you guys are correct about the fiber. It is classified as a carb but your body doesn't process it so you're safe there.

~ Arklahoma, RN
Arklahoma

Postby FORMOMMY » April 10th, 2006, 4:51 pm

Thanks for the concern Arklahoma - I think I may only do it for 3 days. This is my first day and I don't know if I even WANT to continue since I enjoy my 5 &1 plan. It is the first time I've really stalled and I panicked which is sort of silly I guess.

I am not under a doctor's care so I guess I may heed your warning. Thanks again for watching out for all of us.
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby Bonnie » April 10th, 2006, 5:04 pm

FORMOMMY

Last week I stayed compliant and only lost 1 lb but I lost inches - You might want to try on your smaller pants to see if you have gone down a size. Inches to me are as good as a weight loss.

If you are on a plateau do the 6 Medifast meals for only two days and then go back to the 5 & 1 and believe you me (YOU WILL START LOSING AGAIN).

As for the fiber - I don't use it - First I drink lots of water and that helps. Secondly when I have that problem I stir fry zuccini, a little onion and a little cabbage in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once I eat that I feel better within an hour.

It is funny how we figure out how we can trick our body into doing what we need it to do :lol: :lol: :lol:
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » April 10th, 2006, 6:46 pm

Bonnie,

I will try the 6/0 plan for one more day and then go to the 5/1 plan. I do drinka lot of water - anywhere from 140 - 200 ounces a day. So I don't think that is it. I may try a different fiber treatment but I am beginning to think that isn't my problem. I think it is what it is....a stall...I feel great, my clothes are really lose and I just bought new pants 2 sizes down from when I started. I just noticed that I am actually losing weight in my arms (which has never really happened on other diets that I've done). I mean the upper part is actually getting defined and I haven't exercised!!!

So I will do the 6/0 tomorrow and go back to my normal routine and see what happens.

Thanks all for your advise.
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby Pashta » April 11th, 2006, 8:37 am

Medifast has stated that it's ok to switch between the plans a little, but for full-blown 6 MF meals only, you must be monitored by your doc. Once in a while I do the full fast too.
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta

Postby Arklahoma » April 11th, 2006, 1:49 pm

Pashta ... I've never seen MF agree for non-supervised clients to undertake the full fast, even temporarily. Where have you seen this information? As a medical professional, I truly believe that this is dangerous and all the MF info that I've seen says the same thing. The "official" MF nutritionist on the MF board answers this question almost every day and states that MF does NOT recommend the full fast and if you want to do it then you should get your doctors permission.
Arklahoma

Postby DogMa » April 11th, 2006, 2:38 pm

Many of us do the full fast for a day or two at a time. I've never checked with my doctor on it; I fast an entire day for things like Yom Kippur (or heck, stomach flu), so I can't imagine one or even two days of Medifast shakes can be harmful. By the time I got in to see my doctor, I'd be finished with the two days anyway!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Next

Return to The Weight Room