First week and no loss :( and questions

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Arklahoma » April 11th, 2006, 2:44 pm

DogMa ... If a person decided on their own to fast for a day or two then that's their business, but the point I'm trying to make is that MF does not say that it's okay for people to do this.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Pashta » April 11th, 2006, 3:46 pm

A TSFL agent, which represents Medifast, said so on their website. For a DAY OR TWO it is fine, once in a while. :) It was a website I found through a search, but yes they are official. It's Medifast Tucson, and here is the copy/paste:

Can you alternate between the plans?

Yes. Both the complete and the modified plans will maintain the protein balance of ketosis. With Medifast 55 and 70, you can start with a complete program, then switch to a modified program or even go back and forth between the two options. For example, you might decide to do a complete program during the week, and then switch to a modified program on the weekend.

You aren't the only one into research, Arklahoma hehe. ;)
Last edited by Pashta on April 11th, 2006, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » April 11th, 2006, 3:54 pm

I e-mailed the nurse to ask. Might as well get an official ruling.

I would think if you don't have any major medical problems, it's not going to hurt you if you do it for a day or two. People miss meals and skip food all the time without running to their doctors. It's a very low calorie diet if you do it all the time. I'm no medical expert, but I don't think one or two days of fewer calories really qualifies.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Postby Arklahoma » April 11th, 2006, 5:13 pm

Pashta ... I know you probably think I'm splitting hairs but I'm not. Medifast Tuscon is an Authorized Independent Dealer of MF products but they are not the "official" word on this, Jason Pharmaceuticals is. In fact, at the bottom of his website he says, "Medifast very low calorie diets require physician supervision to minimize the potential for health risks".

The FDA requires any total meal replacement formula (no real food) to be supervised by physicians and if MF promotes the complete plan, they can be sued. Pick up the phone and call MF at 1-800-638-7867 or email them at mymedifast at medifastdiet dot com. They do not recommend the complete plan without medical supervision.
Arklahoma

Postby Arklahoma » April 11th, 2006, 5:19 pm

DogMa ... I will agree with you that people eat low calories all the time without running to the doctor, and people probably switch between MF 5/1 and MF 6/0 all the time. That's not my point.

My point is that it is very dangerous for forum members to state that MF says it's okay to do this because it's just not true. This is a very popular forum and many people stop by and then move on to other boards. If someone thinks that it's safe to do the MF complete for a few days then they will probably make the "leap of logic" that doing the complete plan, in general, is safe to do by themselves, and it is not unless a doctor is monitoring you.
Arklahoma

Previous

Return to The Weight Room