First Five Days

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

First Five Days

Postby beautymay » July 18th, 2005, 2:45 pm

Hello Everyone-

Well, today is day five for me and I am 10 pounds lighter. I am aware that water is a large factor in the loss. However, I am just glad to have it off of my body. The first three days were tough...the headache was the worst, but I'm feeling much better now. While I have dreamed all of my life of being thin and healthy, it is hard for me to imagine how my life is going to change once I get near to and reach my goal. Can some of you who have lost a large amount, please share with me how your lives have been changed..I really need to get a visual. I have 110 pounds to go. Thanks for your support

Sincerely, Yolanda
beautymay
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » July 18th, 2005, 3:44 pm

Welcome, Yolanda.

How has my life changed? Well, take a look:
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-2947.html

And that was almost 20 pounds ago! In those pictures I was at 62.5 pounds lost (207); as of Sunday I am at 80 pounds lost (189.5). I've gone from wearing a 24W to a 16 misses. I've retired my Lane Bryant credit card and am buying out the store at Chico's. I can go clothes shopping with my "normal sized" friends.

I look good (and younger); I am having all sorts of fun buying new clothes; my kids give me big hugs and their arms go all around my body; my blood pressure is consistently in the high 90s/low 100s over mid 60s; I can see hip bones, collar bones, and cheek bones; shaving my legs is much easier; I have lots of energy, and I don't feel like a fat freak. My BMI has gone from 40 to 28. I fit in places I had a hard time fitting into before!

I feel attractive, and that's a feeling I haven't felt much of in my life. And I love running into people I haven't seen since Christmas; their jaws drop and they can't believe it.

And (here's my tag line :mrgreen: ) I'M HAVING FUN!

It really is fun. I'm not afraid to get on the scale anymore.

Good for you that you've come this far. Stay with it -- it is well worth it!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby beautymay » July 18th, 2005, 4:24 pm

Dear 24KaratGold:

Thanks so much for your reply...that's just what I needed to see and hear. I must admit, I'm really looking forward to the "jaw dropping" reaction. Your photos are an inspiration and I appreciate your willingness to share with me.

Sincerely, Yolanda
beautymay
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby martha » July 18th, 2005, 5:30 pm

Hi Yolanda--

WELCOME to our forum.. the people here are GREAT!!!!!!! I too have had a great success with MF so far.. I started on April 18th and as of yesterday(3 months) I have lost 60 pounds.. :D yes it is gone and i hope it never finds its way back home. :mrgreen: .I started at 267.5 and was at 207.5 as of yesterday.. still need to lose about 77 pounds but I know I will.. and with the help of all my MF friends I have the courage to continue on.. I will be posting pictures on Thursday.. the 1st 3 days are always the hardest but once they are gone it gets so much easier.. Have a good week.. martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby martha » July 18th, 2005, 5:32 pm

Yolanda--

Please pardon my lack of manners.. still new at this computer stuff..

10# off in 5 days is great.. keep up the good work and the fat will keep melting away..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby want2Bthin » July 18th, 2005, 7:16 pm

Yolanda-

You are off to a wonderful start!!! :cheerleader: Glad you are past the first 3 days & feeling better.

I have been on MF for 4 months & have lost 50 pounds. I still have 101 to lose but I am loving :heart: every minute of it (no I'm not joking either)! I love the energy level I have! :bouncie: I love being able to paint my toe nails with ease! :yes: I LOVE being able to walk to the 2nd floor of my house & not get winded! :runner: I love being a better example of

health for my 9 year old daughter! :heart: I love feeling attractive

again! I love no more aches & pains! I love feeling in control of food for the first time in my life! :whip:

MOST IMPORTANT - I love my MF friends that I have made on this forum. :hug:

I can't imagine how I will feel when I hit my goal but boy I can't wait! Keep up the great work!

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby mytime » July 18th, 2005, 10:04 pm

Welcome Yolanda,

I am still just a new person - 3 weeks - but really like MF and love the support here most of all. Everyone is really great and they want it for you even on the days you are not so sure. The first three were a challenge - but SOOOOOO worth it. And honestly it gets much easier quickly. I looked down the other day while driving and I swear to you my mountain of a tummy is already shrinking. YOU CAN DO THIS - GREAT JOB SO FAR !!!! Look forward to seeing your posts. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » July 19th, 2005, 8:31 am

Dear Yolanda ~

I am just so happy for your great start.

Wow! 10 pounds is certainly a lot of weight and while some of it can be attributed to water, five of it is flabber - yeah!

This is the weight loss journey that changes your life so radically!

I am going to defer to others to reply to your request since I have written so much about how my life has changed - read my newsletters for some of the changes.

Yesterday I was trimming bushes, climbing on the ladder, scrubbing the garage floor, sanding the front deck - all because I can now that I lost 135 pounds - AND I was wearing shorts. In public. During daylight hours...
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

WOW!! What An Awesome Team of Support!!

Postby beautymay » July 19th, 2005, 8:38 am

Good Morning-

Thank you all soooo much for the words of encouragement and support. With a bunch of wonderful people like you on my side, I know that I know that I know, that I WILL reach my goal. Today is my 41st birthday, and I Thank my God for another year of life. My awesome co-workers are having a salad bar for me instead of a cake....I have support everywhere..I am so blessed!!

Have A Wonderful Day,

Yolanda
beautymay
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby want2Bthin » July 19th, 2005, 8:40 am

Yolanda-

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :birthday:

Angelia
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby beautymay » July 19th, 2005, 9:37 am

Thank You Angelia!!

I would love to have a weight-loss Ticker. I went to the site, but couldn't figure out how to get it from there to here... Please help

Thanks,

Yolanda
beautymay
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » July 19th, 2005, 10:41 am

Hi Yolanda,
Check out this post for tickers:
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-2869.html
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby martha » July 19th, 2005, 10:46 am

Yolanda--
HAPPY 41st BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!
What a great group of co-workers you work with to give you a salad bar instead of a cake.. :mrgreen: Have a great week..martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
267.5/189.5/130
martha

Postby LeeannNH » July 19th, 2005, 11:06 am

hey yolanda!!!!

congrats on your losses so far! to share a bit on how my life has changed would take forever so i will pick just one thing....no pain!

i have lost 39 punds so far and have 61 to go, so i still have alot to lose. when i began medifast, i was having major knee, lower back pain. i was cracking my knees when i went up stairs and down...it was really gross and painful. after losing the first 20-25 pounds i started noticing a difference. the pain slowly lessen until now and am proud to report that my knee cracking and pain has DISAPPEARED completely and my lower back is well on its way. i only get sore after sitting for a very long time (it used to hurt when i bent over, etc.)

i guess to make a long story short, mf has changed my life in a physical way and an emotional way. with this reduction in pain, i feel better physically and i am able to enjoy my life with a better mood and outlook

i wish you luck with the rest of your program. it sounds like you are off to a great start!

leeann
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby Nancy » July 19th, 2005, 11:07 am

It is really hard to keep 41 celery and carrot sticks lit! :candle:

Have a gladsome day - with every shake and :toast: glass of water you slurp you are de-flabbing and getting healthier!

Weight to go!

Hooray for your officemates!! :cheers:

Happy THINNY day! :birthday:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.