My first day

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

My first day

Postby 2BHealthy » February 15th, 2006, 9:43 am

Well, today is my first day. I've had the apple cinn oatmeal and the cream of chicken soup. Well, I wouldn't say they were great (I haven't doctored them yet) but they are much better than Optifast was 15yrs ago! I didn't really think I would be hungry but I am. :roll: I also have a dull headache. I feel like a wimp because it has happened so soon the first day. Nothing I can't get through with some mind over matter talk! Just saying Hi and giving an update. See ya.
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby stelar » February 15th, 2006, 9:50 am

:wave: Hi Linda!
Welcome! Have a nice hot cup of boullion to ease the headache and the hungries. It helps. I love the apple/cinny, I always add cinnamon & mace, mmmmm.

Drink mass water too!
Stela
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby 2BHealthy » February 15th, 2006, 9:56 am

Thanks, I'm drinking lots of water but I don't have any bouillion today. I'll try to be more prepared tomorrow! I have a cold and am dealing with other womanly things ;) so that's not helping.
Linda
2BHealthy

Dealing with it all

Postby Jan » February 15th, 2006, 10:10 am

Oh My Goodness!!
You are dealing with it all today. Starting on program, the cold and the other "thing". Don't worry it will get better. :D It is normal to be hungry the first 3 or so days. :x Sometimes a bit longer. The headache is quite common also. You may take one of the usual pain meds to help out with that if there's not a medical reason you can't. Drink lots and lots of water. That will help flush out your body. Try a cup of hot tea -- you may use splenda in it if you like. That seems to help. I drink lots of tea. Herb teas seem to really help and sooth the stomach. Don't worry about the flavors of things right now. You will be quite surprised at how your tastes change as you progress on program. In fact something that is your very favorite today may not be in 3 weeks or so. And those things that you just don't care for my turn in to your favorite. Check out "lean cuisine" so you'll know exactly how to "doctor" everything. Remember to space those meals about every 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
I'll be watching for you.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby stelar » February 15th, 2006, 10:10 am

That sucks. :hug: I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better soon. I would need my blanky, my pillow & something dumb to watch or read. :rose: We're all here if you need to vent.

Stela
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby 2BHealthy » February 15th, 2006, 11:21 am

Awww, thanks for the support guys. I'm feeling a bit better because I just had some chicken and a salad. I still have my headache though. I've had two medi meals and my lean and green. My plan is to have a cocoa at 3:00pm, a bar at 6:00pm and a pudding around 9:00pm. I'm staring at the clock a lot today :lol: I think I'll go get some tea now, that was a good suggestion. I feel like I'm floating though, with all this liquid! I'm kind of limited on my food choices because I just have a small sample pack and some pudding while I'm waiting for my big 4wk variety pack :D I got some diabetic samples so it's a diabetic bar for me today. Thanks again!
Linda
2BHealthy

Postby falisamarie » February 15th, 2006, 12:09 pm

Linda--I feel your pain :hugblue: The good news is things do get so much better :D The first few days can be rough :lightening: If you can I suggest a quick nap :snooze: that will make the time past quicker for you :whistle: Just remember there are better days right around the corner!

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Hi Linda,

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 15th, 2006, 12:21 pm

I haven't started yet but you sound like me..lol

I just got my order today so I will be starting tomorrow. I have bronchitis right now and am on antibiotics. I am sorry your feeling bad..I do seem to recall that You can take tylenol?? Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I plan on keeping ice VERY handy for crunching on and am heading out to the store for diet soda, crystal light(which I plan on making popcicles out of as well as drinking) bouillion, B12 pills, which I take normally anyway.sugar free jello mix..(gonna have to put under a lock and key to keep the kids outta it) bunch of the allowed veggies.

I have read where between meals you can have up to three stalks of celery or 2 dill pickles a day. Sugr free gum, mints(5 per day limit), bouillon or sugar free jello. one medifast snack a day.

I'm just learning too..lol We can do this. Go to the 'Studio' Look at all the success pictures and keep fresh in your head why your doing this.
Something I did when quitting smoking was to write out all the reasons I was quitting smoking on an index card..carried that around with me and when I was feeling like I wanted to "cheat" and smoke. I looked at that card, I reread the things I wrote while I was in control..to help me overcome and get Back in control. Gonna try that here as well with the diet.

As you have probably figured out, I am a typaholic..I hope something I have shared helps...YOU CAN DO THIS!

I plan on being in the Studio asap with before and AFTER pics sometimes in the next year...I know your gonna be there TOO!!!

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby cydj21 » February 15th, 2006, 7:20 pm

A lot of people have already given you great advice, but I just thought I'd chime in and let you know that I also suffered hunger and headaches for a few days. I found that making sure I didn't eat/drink late and having lots and lots and lots of water made it better....When in doubt I'd sneak in a short nap and it helped.

Good luck as you continue your journey and congratulations on taking this great step for yourself! :mrgreen:
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby smartipantz » February 15th, 2006, 7:36 pm

Hang in there ..... it does get better!! I promise!!

One thing I did the first week - is try to space out your meals about every 2 to 2-1/2 hours (eat a bit more frequent) - but stick to the 5 MF meals and one lean and green. By the time I ate my lean and green, I was satisfied for 3 hours.

After my first week, I had to REMIND myself to eat cuz I was not hungry.

As soon as you get thru this, you will love the program!!
Restarted 9/29/08
1st month = 16.7 lbs
2nd month = 9.5 lbs
3rd month = 10.8 lbs
4th month = .4 lb /
smartipantz
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nicki » February 15th, 2006, 9:41 pm

Hey Linda - I'm so glad you've started your journey! But I do hate to hear how that your first day hasn't been pleasant. My first day was the only one out of the dreaded first three days that gave me problems ... so I hope your experience will be like mine. But just think, by Saturday you'll be on day 4 and you'll never have to go through that again. Make sure you get enough rest too, going to sleep was the only thing that touched my headache that first day, so I hope you're already dozing as I type! :lol: I can't wait to see your progress!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby 2BHealthy » February 16th, 2006, 8:18 am

Oh, how I wish I could sleep. With a cranky, sick 2 yr old that talks in her sleep??? No :snooze: for me. In fact my daughter hardly ever sleeps so I'm always sleep deprived. Hopefully I'll have more energy with this way of life!
Linda
2BHealthy

Postby falisamarie » February 16th, 2006, 8:39 am

Hang in there!! More energetic days are on the way! Keep up the great work. You can do this.

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie

Return to Come on in.