My first day is done and I DID IT!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

My first day is done and I DID IT!

Postby xalisax » June 29th, 2005, 7:37 pm

Hi everyone. I started today and I did pretty good. I had a bit of problem with the oatmeal...Icky...I don't like oatmeal anyway but I thought I would try it since it came in my kit. I have decided that I really Love the Choc. shakes so I'm pretty much gonna stick with anything choc. and I am planning on ordering Chili and some crackers so I can have that for lunch. My Lean green was a 4 oz piece of steak and some green beans with 2 tsp. of bbq sauce. What really surprised me was that I was very light headed today. I don't eat much during the day anyway, but I guess what I have been eating added up to some calories so my body is adjusting to the lower intake. Well thats what I am guessing anyway. I read about getting light headed but I just didn't know it would happen the first day. Hummmmm. I did get kind of grouchy today when my teenage son started making peanut butter cookies and started giving me the low down and each step. Ha,Ha! I gave him a little warning.... But I'm off to bed now and I'm looking forward to tomorrow and staying on track.
*~*~ALISA~*~*
~Sometimes I Think I Understand Everything,
Then I Regain consciousness~

xalisax

Postby mytime » June 29th, 2005, 8:13 pm

Alisa - AWESOME - THis is just the best news !!! Good for you. Day one can be tough. I was very lightheaded and did not expect it either. I will tell you the Fast soups really helped me with this - you can have 2 per day in addition to your supplements and lean and green. :-P So happy for you great job ! I look forward to your day two post. Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby fatBgone » June 29th, 2005, 8:24 pm

Alisa,
I'm glad your first day was good for you. I was light headed and SLEEPY the first couple of days....

Oh & don't give up on the oatmeal just yet. You'll be surprised at how your taste buds will change over the next week or so....so you might end up liking it after all. I always cook mine on the stove instead of the microwave and I add a little spenda and cinnamon, which makes it less bland. It's one of my favorites and I wasn't even going to try the apple/cinnamon oatmeal, but like you, it came in my kit, so I tried it & to my surprise (after doctoring it up a bit) - it's one of my favorites now.

Make sure and drink lots of water and I've heard lots of people say the fast soups helped alot in the beginning too. I actually haven't tried them though.

Well, good luck for tomorrow & Friday...then after that - you should start feeling alot better - with more energy and less hunger. Take care!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby suzyq » June 30th, 2005, 10:37 am

Alisa - Congrats on surviving the first day! I agree about the oatmeal - I hated it when I first started but now I enjoy it - although it is not my favorite. Try making the oatmeal cookies with it - you may prefer that. Added flavorings do help the oatmeal, the soups, and the chili. There are lots of great ideas on the forum - especially in the recipie section. Good luck and happy shaking!

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Light Headed

Postby Jan » June 30th, 2005, 4:08 pm

Alisa,
As you start our program you lose lots of water (that's why we generally spend so much time running to the potty) Along with the water your body can lose some electrolytes such as sodium -- resulting in the "light headed" dizzy or tired feeling. If you don't have the fast soups try a cube of bouillon. This will help your body get back in balance -- adding some salt. Eventually your body will get back in balance naturally but this will get you headed that way a little faster.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby martha » July 4th, 2005, 10:24 pm

ALISA--

Just wanted to say hi and welcome you to this forum.. I have been gone for about 3 weeks and am trying to at least say hi to everyone I can..hope the lighter head is over :mrgreen: that can really get you down..I too love the chocolate shakes..they are my fav.. I love peanut butter anything :mrgreen: I really miss it.. hope you are having a good week--Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.