Feeling Really down today...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Feeling Really down today...

Postby mmob » March 3rd, 2006, 5:42 pm

I don't know why - other than my monthly is due next week - but today it seems like the weight of the world settled on my shoulders. I am worried about my mom, and emotionally exhausted thinking about my dad - I had dreams about him last night - for those of you that don't know - he's terminally ill and had a brain tumor removed in Dec. He still has a lung tumor that they are not doing anything with right now because they feel that given his age and the look of the tumor - it will take him - we just don't know when. I'm an only child and my mother and father are in Florida and I'm in NH - I've been going back and forth since December.

Anyway - today I am just in a funk - a real funk. I gained one pound this week - although I don't know why - I didn't cheat - until tonight. I was getting ready to have tuna - when for some reason I grabbed the wheat thins and cheddar. I had a good sized portion too - not the whole box obviously but enough to make me feel really really lousy about it - I am so seriously mad at myself right now - thinking that now I'm going to gain a ton back from this. I know I need to get back on track tomorrow - and not beat myself up - but I still just feel so mad at myself - I had been doing so good. WHY do I do these things?

Argh. I'm going to give the little guy a bath and go to bed.......

Just wanted to get it off my chest. I hope tomorrow is a better day, I pray that I get back to business.

Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » March 3rd, 2006, 6:47 pm

Sorry you're having such a bad time. The good news is one cheat like that isn't going to erase all the work you've done. You might be up a day or two from the water you'll retain, but it'll come right back down again. Don't beat yourself up about it; it won't help, and you're going through enough without making yourself feel worse.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby falisamarie » March 3rd, 2006, 7:01 pm

Maria

I am so sorry you are having a rough time tonight :hugblue: Like Robin said don't beat yourself up just get back on track and keep going. On the bright side of things you could have done a lot worse than wheat thins and cheddar cheese it could have been a Big Mac and fries!!

You are in my thoughts and prayers as is your family :angel:

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Dayna » March 3rd, 2006, 7:36 pm

And at least it was Wheat Thins, and not, oh, say, a bag of Ruffles chips! I know, for me, the extra estrogen in my system made my PMS rather more, um, pronounced this last month (there were a couple of evenings where my husband may have been fearing for his life ;) ). If that's the case with you, and then you have additional stresses on top of that, well, that's enough to put anyone in a funk. This program is a learning process, and one of the things I think we have to learn is how to deal with off-plan moments without plunging into a cycle of self-destruction. You ate the cheese and Wheat Thins, but you did not eat the whole box, and then instead of just blowing the whole program off, you came here to the forum to vent and get support. I'd say that's a positive step.

Why do we do these things to ourselves? Because we are human. You weren't being bad, you were being human. You're still on the road to health and thinness; today was a short detour, but the journey still goes on. You can do this! And we're all behind you!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad - I think that's about as much stress as any situation could provide. His health (and your state of mind) will be in my thoughts and prayers.

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

(((HUGS)))

Postby Ginabobina1969 » March 3rd, 2006, 7:45 pm

Maria,

I don't really know you well yet. What I do know tho is emotionally what your going through with your dad..I can imagine would be so hard. I wish things like this never happened. I know it's a terribly frustrating and heartbreaking feeling to see someone you love, sick and hurting and not be able to do anything to make them better.((Hugs))

Please don't be so hard on yourself..you are an incredibly strong woman...your also human and we humans we learn as we go.
Under the circumstances I think your still doing incredibly well on mf.

Tommorrow is a new day..let today go and look forward.

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lizabette » March 4th, 2006, 3:37 pm

Gina,

I hope you are feeling better today! So sorry about your dad and your mother also needs prayers. Tell them that you we are praying for them! God always gives us the strength we need to go through these trials...

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby Lizabette » March 4th, 2006, 3:39 pm

Please forgive me Maria...the previous message was for YOU!

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby mmob » March 4th, 2006, 6:38 pm

Thank you guys - for the support - I did OK today - I sneaked 6 small wheat thins though before I caught myself. It's hard to get back on track sometimes. I did not sleep at ALL last night - I just could not shut my mind off.

I really needed to hear that Lizbette - I was really feeling down and sort of arguing w/God last night - I guess I needed that reminder.

Thanks again so much - tomorrow is another day!

Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby 2BHealthy » March 5th, 2006, 7:32 pm

I'm sorry you are feeling so down :( I'm glad you posted here to get it off your chest. You are going through so much right now. I'll give you a Hug, take care. :bighug:
Linda
2BHealthy
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room