I feel so fat still

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I feel so fat still

Postby FluffyNoMore » April 28th, 2006, 6:32 am

What the heck is wrong with me? When I was 227, I thought I looked pretty darned good... now 30+ lbs lighter, I feel like I'm the biggest person in the room. I know logically that I'm smaller, that my clothes are too big, but I don't feel thinner. Is this ever going to go away? Am I always going to feel like the fat girl? I know I still have a ways to go...40 lbs. I don't want to get to goal and still feel this way, kwim? UGH! I guess I'm having an off couple of days.
FluffyNoMore
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Pashta » April 28th, 2006, 7:23 am

Hey girl, I saw your pics and you are NOT fat. You look great, really and truly, I swear! It's all just in your head. Keep that great confidence you normally have and lose the downside, don't compare yourself to the walking twigs (models) or teenagers. Teenagers are thin cause they are still young and haven't eaten as many years as we have lol.. trust me they will not be thin for long. ;)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby aphrael » April 28th, 2006, 8:25 am

Jen,

You are doing wonderfully! You are almost half way to your goal now. Perhaps the feelings that you are still the "fat girl" is because the next 40 pounds still seams to daughnting. We all want this weight gone yesterday and sometimes hormones, stress and everything else just make us fall into the mind set of "it will never come off" even when we know it is and will continue to. Find some of cloths you had from before you started, put them on and look at yourself in the mirror. See how far you have come already and know that the person that used to ware those is no longer with you, you are a healthier, slimmer person and will only get better as you continue the program. Maybe go treat yourself to something indulgent like a spa treatment, a new book, or anything else (non-food) that makes you happy. It is probably just mood swing dragging on and on that has you down.

Remember you are doing GREAT!!!
Aphrael

Due Nov. 16th
aphrael
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ChiNut » April 28th, 2006, 11:09 am

It takes quite a while I believe for our mind to catch up with our body. I've heard of this happening a lot with people who lose weight. For some reason we still see the fat person in the mirror even after losing the weight. Maybe try going shopping and try on some cute outfits in your new smaller size to help reinforce how far you've come.
ChiNut
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Shana » April 28th, 2006, 11:18 am

I would try putting pictures of myself before Medifast & now next to one another & really analyzing the differences - It's amazing how different your body composition can be with only a few pounds, and you've lost more than a few!!!

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby just_julie » April 28th, 2006, 11:23 am

And besides that - you're new haircut is CUTE! :) Hope your day gets better!
just_julie

Started March 4th (aka my day to go forward)

just_julie

Postby FluffyNoMore » April 28th, 2006, 11:35 am

Thanks everyone. I just don't know what's wrong with me lately...I've got a case of the blahs. I'm spending some much needed time with my friends tomorrow away from the rat race I call my life. I think it's because I don't have anything that fits me...it's either too small or too big and I feel frumpy. I work for a cosmetic company, so my appearance is important and I'm really bummed that the hundreds of dollars I spent on clothes this year are gone....I know I don't want them, but some still had tags on and I don't have the money to rebuy a wardrobe now, just to have them be too big in a couple weeks. Even all my work heels are too big.

Blah....you can ignore me, I'm having a feel sorry for Jen day. No need of it...the positives outweigh the negatives in the weightloss journey... I know that. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I know that if it wasn't for this board and all your support, I would've given up in the beginning. thank you!
FluffyNoMore

Postby falisamarie » April 28th, 2006, 12:52 pm

The blahs are going around! Honey you are doing fabulous. I am not sure if I will ever see myself as thin no matter what I weigh or what size I am but I do know one thing........I feel great on MF

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 28th, 2006, 2:32 pm

Jen ~ Sorry you're having an off day. I'm crossing my fingers that you'll be on top of the world soon 'cuz you're totally HOT!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » April 28th, 2006, 3:01 pm

When I lost all my weight before, I eventually stopped feeling QUITE so huge, but it took a long time. And even then, I'm pretty sure I thought I was bigger than I was.

Right now I still feel like a house a lot of the time - even in a size 8!!

Kristi's right, it takes some time for your mind to catch up with your body. And it may never completely happen.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Hugs Jen,

Postby Ginabobina1969 » April 28th, 2006, 4:03 pm

I think it's a normal thing to have these blah days. The key is to recognize it's a normal phase in this journey and "roll with the punches"

Learning to do this myself because there are some days I definatly feel like I haven't accomplished anything. It's also frustrating to get so much gratification one day out of finally fitting into your whatever size your finally fitting into then the next day your frustrated because it's not the next smaller size...it's almost like we reach that goal..and expect to be at the next one right away since we have worked so hard, we deserve that "high" lol

I plan on doing something I really can't even imagine for real ,right now but I plan on having some professional photos taken of JUST ME...in various outfits once I reach goal. I know it will be uncomfortable for me but I also think it will help with that seeing myself fat thing. At least I hope so. :? You look great! Don't get discouraged cause your doing it!

Hugs,
Gina

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » April 28th, 2006, 4:27 pm

Gina, I was thinking about doing that, too. I HATE photos of me, but I was thinking of going to one of those glamour photo places. I have a friend who did it, and they looked really nice; nothing half-naked or anything, just some really nice photos of her with her hair and makeup done.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa

Jen

Postby dede4wd » April 28th, 2006, 8:58 pm

Jen,

I can totally relate to the body-image thing...When I was HUGE, I was like "I'm not that bad", and now that I'm not as big...I'm like "I'm HUGE!" I have the blah's too today there must be something in the water.

I know you can't see it, but put those before and during pictures side-by-side, try on an OLD outfit from before weight loss...your mind will eventually catch up to the REALITY that you look GREAT!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » April 29th, 2006, 5:44 am

Well, I just saw your most recent pics and baby, you sure don't look fat!!!! You look fantastic!!! I often wonder if I will ever feel thinner too. Guess time will tell :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Serendipity » April 29th, 2006, 6:31 am

Dear Notsofluffyanymore,

Dr. Jo is here to prescribe some shopping therapy. Weekly if necessary until your symptoms disappear. For exercise, add some trying on of the old stuff and swim in them for awhile.

But seriously, I think it takes a long time for our brains to catch up with our weight loss. Give yourself time to adjust.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room