Exercise

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Exercise

Postby Lynda » April 6th, 2004, 6:04 am

Hi everyone!

I'm starting week five (down 20 pounds!!!) and am ready to put some exercise into my plan. I belong to Curves so I'm definately going to go there 3 times a week. Is there any adjustment I need to make to my shake schedule to accommodate exercising. I lent out my "Success in a Shaker Jar" book, but I think I remember something about having a shake right before and right after a workout. Is that right?

I was also planning on getting up earlier in the morning and doing some time on the treadmill. Pre-exercise, I've been having my first meal around 7/7:30 (usually oatmeal). Should I continue that, or have a shake before I start walking (around 6am) and then wait to have my oatmeal til 8:30/9:00?

Any tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to do something not quite right and affect my weightloss.

Thanks!
Lynda
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby Landylue » April 6th, 2004, 7:56 pm

Hi, Lynda, congratulations on that weight loss! I'm afraid I don't have a copy of the book you referred to, so I'll let someone else take on your question. However, I do want to encourage you on your exercise. You are going to notice a definite difference in the way you feel AND how the scale keeps going down after you start your program. It's going to make a HUGE difference!

Good luck, and keep us posted! :weightlift:

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » April 7th, 2004, 6:41 am

Lynda,

Wow! You are ambitious! Be careful and don’t overdo the exercise – you may need to add another shake or two to your daily food intake if you exercise that much. Have a shake before you exercise and a bar afterwards – virtually sandwich your exercise between meals. It is important to eat within an hour of getting up in the morning and then begin to space your supplements out throughout the day every three to four hours. Curves is somewhat low impact but again, be careful and don’t overdo. You’ll have plenty of time for more exercise once you reach your goal weight and begin transition. Good for you for your weight loss. Keep shakin’ and slurpin’.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Guest » April 7th, 2004, 7:28 am

Thanks Nancy and Lanylue! I am so excited about this program! I love seeing such fast results!

I promise not to overdue the exercise...I'm working it in gradually. I started back to Curves last week, but only went once around the circuit. This week I'm doing twice around the circut. Once I get used to doing that, I'm going to try to add the treadmill in the morning of the days I don't go to Curves. If it seems too much, I'll cut back!

Thanks for your support.

Lynda

Return to Weight Loss