NO Excuses!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

NO Excuses!!!

Postby Bonnie » April 17th, 2006, 1:33 pm

I am a regular Medifast user. I use the products everyday without fail.
I do it to keep my weight down and I feel really good on the program.

However, back in November my husband brought me home peppermint Ice cream which is only in the store from November through December. So I promptly started having some in the evenings. That was excuse #1 to Cheat.

Excuse #2 - I can cheat just during the holidays - after all I have lost 50 lbs and kept it off for 3 years.

Excuse #3 - January is a good month to start over - Oh but it is my Birthday on the 27th - I will not cheat starting February.

Excuse #4 - I was on a trip to California - I don't have time to stop and shake up my drink and wash out my cup. I will do it when I get back home.

Bottom line - I woke up 3-20-06 & got on the scales and realized I had excused a weight gain of 25 lbs!!!! :cry: :cry:
I decided that morning that I would have "No More Excuses".

Guess what: I have NOT CHEATED for 4 weeks and I have lost 21 lbs!! :) :)

If I can make excuses I am sure you all have had them. I am here to tell you NO MORE EXCUSES works!!! Try it - you will only reap the rewards from it.
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Jan » April 17th, 2006, 1:56 pm

Ok Bonnie,
Now you've put me to shame...... hmmmm no more peanut butter for me. I can't be portly around a skiiiiiiny you. :mrgreen: ]
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby falisamarie » April 17th, 2006, 2:06 pm

Bonnie Wonderful post and every word of it is so true!

Thanks for posting it

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Becky » April 17th, 2006, 3:23 pm

Bon Bon--You are 100% RIGHT. There will always be an excuse for cheating or not getting started. Or putting the start date off to next Monday. But then what if there's a birthday party the following Thursday? Let's wait until Friday then. But... then it's the weekend & there's a baby shower. We better wait until Monday again so we get off to a good start--plus, we don't want the cake baker to get their feelings hurt because we didn't have any of the baby shower cake. But wait... Monday is a holiday & we have to have our special treats that we ALWAYS have on that holiday--the rest of the family will be disappointed if we don't have treats with them! Let's wait until Tuesday. SOMEWHERE it HAS to stop. There is never an ideal time to get started. You just have to make up your mind to do it, and stick with it. If not, we all will find ourselves up 5, up 10, and then up 25 pounds. I am so glad we're doing this together with NO excuses & NO cheating! It feels (and looks) so good. 8)
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby lauradr » April 17th, 2006, 6:37 pm

Bonnie,your post was so good!! thanks for sharing that with us.
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 17th, 2006, 6:55 pm

Bonnie ... Very nicely said.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Joelie » April 17th, 2006, 8:06 pm

Excellent post, Bonnie.

and CONGRATS for jumping back on the bandwagon and restarting your losing journey! Image
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby mamabear » April 17th, 2006, 9:54 pm

I agree! There will be no more excuses here! :mrgreen:
mamabear
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Bonnie » April 19th, 2006, 11:34 am

Thanks everyone for your Support.

Now I am going to use the "NO EXCUSES" on exercising.

I went walking for 30 minutes for three days in a row now and I am feeling really good.

It helps taking my 4 year old nephew along. He keeps me running and he has no idea he is helping me to take my SHAPE BACK..
I lost 50lbs Through Take Shape for Life

Bonnie Wills
Bonnie

Postby MusicalMomma » April 19th, 2006, 2:24 pm

:bravo: Excellent Post!!! Excellent!!!!
MusicalMomma

Postby supermom » April 19th, 2006, 3:05 pm

Shout it LOUD and PROUD sister!! NO MORE EXCUSES. My husband always says "Excuses are like butt holes.....everyone has one and they all stink!!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » April 19th, 2006, 5:55 pm

Thanks for the encouraging post Bonnie, I know this is a few days later but I have been away, beating myself up about cheating over Easter. Since I cheated on Easter, I tried to get back on program and kept making excuses why I could snack on something each day. I have to make sure I get my mindset back together, I have done well today...NO MORE EXCUSES!! Easter Sunday was actually my first full week and I was supposed to sign on for roll call but I got scared to step on the scale. OH WELL!! I am estimating that I lost approximately 6 lbs but Aunt Flo also came so who knows. I will definitely be here for Sunday's roll call. Thanks again.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby Arklahoma » April 19th, 2006, 11:10 pm

Lifelovinaries ~ Don't be scared. If you're Image then we're here to help. Just let us know!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby jump4joy » April 20th, 2006, 10:45 am

Awesome post, Bonnie!!! On March 31, I decided NO MORE EXCUSES too, and am now into my 21st day with 9 lbs. gone. Life will always be busy and hectic....and there will ALWAYS BE REASONS/EXCUSES why "now isn't a good time". There will never BE a perfect time to diet, so the time to do it is NOW......if not now, when??? ;)
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 21st, 2006, 2:28 pm

Hi Bonnie and thanks for that!

I did the "I'll start again Monday" EVERY Monday for almost a year before I put the no excuses plan into action. I've been over 7 weeks without deviating from the plan AT ALL and have lost 37 lbs because of it! I will also apply the no excuses plan to exercises and I PROMISE I will pull the pilates DVD's out of the celophane and pack them for this trip!

Thanks for the GREAT post!

DeDe
dede4wd

Return to The Weight Room