Excersise

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Excersise

Postby Tk » August 22nd, 2005, 11:25 am

Can anyone answer me this, can too much excersice make you plateau or gain weight? I've been walking 2 1/2 miles 6 days a week and can't get past my current weight. I go up and I go down, I go up and I go down...I keep gaining and losing the same 8 lbs - and it's getting frustraing...So I would like to know if I'm doing too much excersise????
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » August 22nd, 2005, 4:58 pm

Hi TK,
Sometimes (most times) our own hunches are the answer to our question. Yes, too much exercise can slow weight loss, but this may not mean you're not losing fat. You may just be replacing it with muscle.

Are your pants falling off?....:)
That could be a sign you're still losing flabbage.

Give us sample of your daily eating and activity schedule, and maybe we can see something that may be causing probs.

Of course you're drinking all your water?
Any stress right now or meds?
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby martha » August 23rd, 2005, 1:17 am

TK--

:x :x YEAP---YEAH---YEAP... :x :x

That's what it sounds like to me too.. :x Just slack off a little for now and see what happens.. If you are compliant it will happen eventually :oops: ..you will go beyond the same 8# mark.. :D Like Unca said " are your pants falling off?" You are more than likely losing inches and replacing them with muscle..Have a great week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Tk » August 23rd, 2005, 8:51 am

Thank you both for posting and yes, my pants are beginning to be bigger. I havent' walked for four days now and scales is going down. I am not a scale watcher, but I've been curious about the excersise.

So Unca, here is my eating schedule.

6:30 am shake
9:30 am oatmeal
12:00 one of the soups
2:00 a bar
3:30 fast soup and crakers
6:30 lean and green
9 - 9:30 my last shake

I've also noticed that when I was walking everyday, I was more hungrier all day long. So what is a good rule of thumb as far as the excersise goes? Should I only walk 2 miles every other day? This has been a harder month for me in the weight loss area and I thought with more excersie I would get back on the losing track!! Thanks for all your help Unca!!
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » August 23rd, 2005, 11:43 am

tk ~

Your menu and eating schedule look great.

It doesn't look like you are exercising excessively at all.

It is important to drink plenty of water to help your muscles - muscles use water to replenish them if they are stressed and that can result in water weight as well as muscle weight increases.

My weight went up and then stalled (and bugged the puckies outta me,too!) and slowly began to drop again when I first began working out.

This is one of those times when you must trust the program, lean on your head knowedge and intellect, faithin others who have gone on beore you and set aside your emotions and perhaps the scale for a week or two more. Maybe exercising every other day would help you. If you get hungry, have another shake.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » August 23rd, 2005, 11:57 am

Hi TK,
Yes...ditto to what Nancy said. Your schedule looks great.
And most important to what Nancy said is, "trust the system".

Medifast wont let you down, if you stick with the program.
Keep a shakin' and believing and when you look back in a couple months, I'm sure you'll be pleased with your progress.
All the best...
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Come on in.