Hi Everyone!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi Everyone!!!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 13th, 2006, 1:15 pm

My name is Gina(if ya couldn't tell by the username) hehe. ;)
I am 36 years old. I have a wonderful husband and 2 beautiful children.
I live in SW PA(WOOOHOOO STEELERS!!!) :D about 60 miles South of Pitt.

I am 5'2 and have been overweight most of my life my highest weight being 270 when I was 9 months pg. Well, that was approx 10 years ago...and I am now 264..I had lost some weight several years back down to 198 but basically starved myself for three months to get there. I quit smoking 5 months ago,(was a 2-3 pack a day smoker)and I have gained 24 pounds since that time. I simply cannot carry this extra weight for much longer. My knees hurt, my ankles hurt my back hurts. I feel trapped inside my own skin and I am tired of living out of sweatpants and stretchy waistbands.

I ordered the Medifast for Women 4-Week Package 143 Medifast Meals kit on the company website on the 11th and am currently awaiting it's arrival.
With Excitement...and hmm, maybe extreme terror..lol jk

I am very eager to begin the journey of digging through all my layers to find "me". The me I KNOW is in there somewhere! I feel that quitting smoking has empowered me in ways I had never previously imagined.

I spent the better part of yesterday digging through your post's, your gallery and just all parts of this website. I relied on a similar support group for quitting smoking and I know just how invaluable feedback and support can be.

The gallery pictures made such an impression on me. I was just stunned by how quickly people really change in their looks. Your successes are just inspirational and I appreciate all of you who shared your pics..I know its not always an easy thing to do. I avoid pictures at all cost and have been known to get almost violent in my resistance to having my photo taken. :roll:
I want to change that...I want to be able to have a full body shot taken and be smiling from ear to ear or striking a sassy pose or whatever and not worrying about what I look like or get shocked and dismayed by actually seeing just how big my booty as gotten. :x

Well, that is long enough for an introduction I think..lol I look forward to being a big loser!;) I look forward to travelling on this journey along with many of you on our way to "the wish our heart makes"

As Spongebob sais..."I'm READYYYY!!!"

(((HUGS)))
Last edited by Ginabobina1969 on February 13th, 2006, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previously...02/16/06 BMI-50 276/188
Restart....03/31/2008 -failed
Restart 03/26/09 280/267 Failed
Restart-Awaiting order. I cannot even bear to post my current weight...yet.
Ginabobina1969
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 13th, 2006, 1:26 pm

Hi Gina! Welcome to the forum and to medifast!! :hug: This program works! I think you will love the simplicity of it AND the taste of the products. Feel free to ask questions. Everyone here is very supportive and informative :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby RyCoBlakesFolks » February 13th, 2006, 1:55 pm

Hello Gina! :byebye:

It is great to watch as new members join. My husband and I finally joined the forum yesterday after lurking around it for a month or so. We are both very excited with the weight loss we've had since beginning the program 2 weeks ago and am sure you will be just as pleased. The weight comes off FAST on this program and I haven't had so much energy for years!

I look forward to getting to know you better as we all become thin and healthier! :goodluck:

P.S. - I admire your quitting smoking. I am a '2-pack-a-dayer' and plan to try to quit after the weight is gone. :smoke:
Lori & Jerry
Started 1/29/2006

Jan. 29 - Sept. 17 (33 week losses)
Lori = 88.5 lbs. (278.5/190/160)
Jerry = 126.5 lbs. (352/225.5/210)
RyCoBlakesFolks
Regular Member - #80 Club

Postby JustLynda » February 13th, 2006, 2:03 pm

Hi Gina,

I, too, gained about 30 lbs in the last year after quitting smoking. I just joined the forum this morning and am anxiously awaiting my first shipment (same as yours). I have also been avoiding cameras for the last few years and have been dismayed upon seeing the ones that my boyfriend managed to sneak anyway.

Just think, in a few months, we'll both be begging people to photograph us! :D
Start Date: February 18, 2006
JustLynda
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Lauren » February 13th, 2006, 2:14 pm

Hey, Gina, welcome aboard, and good luck! You won't need it!

I totally connected with your comment about smoking. I quit on April 18th, after having smoked for about 12 years (since I was 17 or so). I never tried to quit, always was determined to do it before my 30th birthday, when I could no longer justify it as a "college phase!" Anyway, I have not picked up a single cigarette since April 18th, and it TOTALLY gave me the confidence to begin Medifast!

I think I was surprised that it wasn't as much a nightmare as I anticipated, and therefore, was able to wrap my head around MF and the ability to completely change my life and habits. While I've dieted and lost weight in the past, MF is the most "extreme" diet I've done in terms of completely changing my whole lifestyle, and I can say that the success in quitting smoking made me realize that I can do anything.

Interestingly, and I am not sure if this is the case for you, but eating is a much more significant addiction in my life than smoking ever was. Smoking was just another thing to do with my mouth when eating wasn't an option! :-) Anyway, now I feel like I can take on the world. Currently being "vice-less," life certainly is interesting, and adjustments need to be made on an ongoing basis. Not having any drinks when out with friends was a bigger adjustment (on them too!) than I anticipated. One of my friends told me that when they're all a bit loopy, my being "so sober" makes them feel stupid! And we're not a bunch of crazy partiers, just typical 20 & 30-something New Yorkers!

Alas, it's all about making life changes, and finding the joys in your new life and lifestyle. The biggest change for me is a greater sense of clarity in situations - when your mind is not dominated by a need to eat or smoke, relationships begin to play a different role...

Sorry for the looong reply, you just tapped into something I've been stewing about lately! haha

Wishing you a lots of success!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 13th, 2006, 2:21 pm

:bravo: It is so great that you ladies have quit smoking!!!!!! If you can do that, I KNOW you will be successful in your weightloss efforts!!!
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Drama Queen » February 13th, 2006, 2:58 pm

Welcome!!

Congratulations on quitting smoking. That is a HUGE accomplishment on your way to a much healthier you. I'm glad you found this Forum. Everyone here is sooooo supportive, encouraging and inspiring. Once your MF products arrive you will be on an incredible journey towards better health. Read your Quick Start Guide, follow the program and drink plenty of water. You'll be a loser in no time. Be sure to join the Sunday Morning Roll Call each week and keep us up to date on your progress. I look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you better!
Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen

Postby falisamarie » February 13th, 2006, 3:03 pm

Gina

Welcome to our family :goteam: No need to be terrified this is going to be the best thing you have ever done! Keep us posted on how you are progressing.

LIsa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Serendipity » February 13th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Hi Gina,

From one Steeler fan to another - Welcome!!
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Trixie » February 13th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Welcome Gina from one shortie to another! I'm 5'2 also. When I gain it's from head to toe and it's always a struggle to take the lbs off. Medifast is working! I love it and am confident you will too!

Can't wait to see your progress!

Trixie
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby lauradr » February 13th, 2006, 7:26 pm

Gina, When i read your post it sounded just like me 4 months ago except add alot of medical problems to it, you can do this, and it works.
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Wow!

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 14th, 2006, 8:22 am

I am overwhelmed by all of your responses. Thank You! lol
Where to start...Thanks so much to all of you for your kind words of encouragement and support! I am really inspired seeing all of your stats and your positivity.... is positively Catching! :lol:

To the ladies who have quit smoking! Way to go, I know how hard it is to quit..the physical addiction is one thing..the mental addiction. YIKE!! To those who want to quit...Just as with weight loss once you make up your mind..you will do it!

I can't wait till the day where I can shout to the world what a big quitter and loser I am..LOL ;)

Serendipity...As I was going through post here and came across your Steelers party pics...my heart just thrilled ..lol I never was a football fan before I met my husband but I am a die-hard one now. I was hoarse for two days after the Superbowl. :roll: :lol:

It may take me a bit to get oriented here and begin to recognize you all from one another..(short-term memory ugh)

Letsss do this!!!
Hugs,
Gina

Ginabobina1969

Btw

Postby Ginabobina1969 » February 14th, 2006, 9:08 am

I just did a check on my order.... and

>>>breaking into the "cha cha melody"
My package is on it's wayyy-A
It arrived in PA. tooooDayyyy-A
and what fed ex had to Sayyy-A
was that I can expect delivery...toooomorrrow...A? lol

rofl...I am not sure whats wrong with me but I am feeling very silly. Don't mind me. :roll:

Ginabobina1969

Postby Soon2bFitSonja » February 14th, 2006, 11:12 am

WELCOME GINA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like you are a newbie. I started the 7th of February. One thing I can say for sure is I feel good, I am losing and this forum is awesome.

Congrats on quitting the smoke thing. That was a serious accomplishment. Boy, you are on your way to a heathier thinner you. :bravo:

Start Date: April 4, 2006
173.6/???/134
Soon2bFitSonja
Trusted Member

Postby Serendipity » February 14th, 2006, 1:59 pm

Gina, We had so much fun that day. My brother and sister-in-law had their house all decorated. They gave out Black & Gold necklaces and Big Ben pins....had a Steeler cake that was nice to look at but not tasted by me. The had noise makers and confetti....so fun and so exciting. Can't wait for next year.......ONE FOR THE UMMMMMM.....I GUESS PINKIE AGAIN! (we're out of fingers for the rings, hehe)
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Next

Return to Come on in.