Hi Everyone!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi Everyone!

Postby JustLynda » February 13th, 2006, 10:11 am

Hello. I've been "lurking" for a couple of weeks and really like the tone of this forum.

I ordered my first month's supply of MediFast last Monday and am hoping to receive the shipment any day now. I've already stocked the fridge with lean meats and veggies--I'm planning to do the 5-1 plan as I don't think I'd survive very long without at least one "real" meal.

I'm currently 5'5" and 198 lbs. I swore to myself that I would never go over 200, so I've got to get something done before that happens. Plus, my boyfriend (who lost 60 lbs on Atkins over a year ago) and I are planning a cruise to Belize in late-October and I don't want to be hiking the jungle with all of this extra weight.

I'm hoping to drop 60-75 pounds. It would be nice if I could do it by the end of July so that I can transition off before the cruise. I'll decide on a goal weight when I get closer and can see how I look and feel.

Thanks in advance for all of your help and support! I look forward to getting to know you guys a bit better over the next few months.
Start Date: February 18, 2006
JustLynda
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Thinwithin » February 13th, 2006, 10:33 am

That's great! A cruise is a terrific motivator. I've been on one and it was a blast. I'm just starting myself and share your enthusiasm. If we just keep looking at our goal, hopefully the road to success won't be very long! I've done just one day, Sunday, and this morning I was three pounds lighter! That's encouraging. I know all days won't be that good, my body and metabolism will adjust, but it's a great start. If it helps, I would cut out pictures of the models and clothes I'd want to get, or look like, once I hit goal. That's a good motivator for me.

Anyway, welcome and here's to a thin future!
I can do all things through Christ....
Thinwithin

Welcome

Postby Jan » February 13th, 2006, 10:54 am

Hi there, and Welcome, :D
You can do it. You'll be the thin one on that cruise. :mrgreen: Just keep thinking about hiking through the jungle packing extra pounds and you'll stay motivated for sure. Plus what a treat to look forward to -- a cruise!!
I'll be watching for your posts. Make sure and let us know how you're doing.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby cydj21 » February 13th, 2006, 11:09 am

Welcome, Lynda! :wave:

You are well on your way to being thinner and healthier for your cruise. Good for you for sticking to your "I will never hit 200lbs" promise. I told myself that once...and now I'm at 238 on my way back down from 260.5

Congratulations on taking this great first step! Good luck!
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Guest » February 13th, 2006, 11:14 am

Thinwithin wrote:I would cut out pictures of the models and clothes I'd want to get, or look like, once I hit goal. That's a good motivator for me.

That's a wonderful idea and will definitely help keep me motivated! Thanks, everyone, for the words of encouragement.

<edit>fixed quote - UT</edit>

Postby Guest » February 13th, 2006, 11:15 am

Oops! :oops: Obviously, I don't know how to do the quotes. Any suggestions?

Return to Come on in.