"Enough already!"

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

"Enough already!"

Postby Lizabett » January 28th, 2006, 1:37 pm

Hi, children. I can say that, because at 76 years young, I am probably the oldest woman on this board. In October this year, my husband Bill, and I will be celebrating our 60th wedding anniversary.

I have just come on board with MakeMeThinner Forum and I love how it is such fun and so inspiring. I’m starting on this new adventure with you all at this time of my life, because I could see the ugly handwriting on the wall--- that I was going up, up and up on the scale to almost 200 in my great retirement years. I have fought to stay under that for several years yo-yoing back and forth. Finally, I determined, “Enough, already!” That’s when I discovered Medifast and ordered my month’s variety pack plus one week free. Then I found this site and have been devouring all the information that I been able to absorb. I’ve already ordered my 2nd month from MakeMeThinner just so I will not run out!

I’m on Day 18 on MF, starting at 195, almost 5’2”, and weighed 182.5 on my last weigh-in. (12.5 pounds) I’d like to answer the Sunday Roll Call to give my present weight. My long-term goal is 135.

It was my privilege to talk personally to Nancy and I was so impressed with her caring and sincerity in wanting to help guide me through to my goal. I am sold and I am committed!

We are having a family reunion coming up in June of relatives I haven’t seen in years. My challenge is to be somewhere near goal at that time.

My husband teasingly says to me occasionally, “Where is that 16 year old bride I married?” Yes, I was slim and pretty then. So on our sixtieth anniversary in October, I want him to see her again! And I plan to live out 10-15 more years, healthy and thin.

Youth is a wonderful gift…it is sad for anyone to squander all those wonderful years living less happy and healthy than what we could be. Thank you all for being there for each of us on this exciting journey.
Lizabett

Dream Big

Postby Jan » January 28th, 2006, 1:48 pm

Hi there Lizabeth,
Hmmm I think you're not thinking long enough. Ten - fifteen years hmmm my Dad will be 100 in 2 months. He's planning a trip up North in August. Last year he spent 12 days in Boston. He had been very very healthy until he fell out of a camping chair in June and had to have a big big surgery. That has slowed him down somewhat but he's getting up and going again. Think longevity and you're helping yourself out tremendously with your new eating program.
I'll be looking for you -- and yes I am one of the "children" I was a "late in life child :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

20 years!

Postby Lizabett » January 28th, 2006, 1:55 pm

Thank you, Jan. I will shoot for at least 20 years!
Lizabett

Postby Unca_Tim » January 28th, 2006, 1:58 pm

Hi Lizabett and welcome to the forum,
:wave:
We're honored to have an "experience" citizen on the forum...:)

Aint Nancy a sweetheart?
With MMT/TSFL/and Medifast, you'll be ready for many more healthy years to come.
Keep us posted and happy shakin'...
:cheers:
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby falisamarie » January 28th, 2006, 2:18 pm

Lizabette

Welcome :wave: It is so good to have you here with us! :goteam: I will be looking forward to reading your posts and seeing your success

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lizabett » January 28th, 2006, 2:53 pm

Okay, Jan wants me to think 'longevity', Unca says I am 'experienced, and Lisa is looking forward to my success!

So I am going to look forward to a long, successful, experienced MF life!

Thanks, all. You are awesome! I can already see this is going to be a fun time together.

Lizabett
Lizabett

Postby DogMa » January 28th, 2006, 4:00 pm

Welcome, Lizabett! It sounds like you have a great attitude, and are going to be an inspiration to a lot of people.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby SueInSLO » January 28th, 2006, 4:27 pm

Welcome Lizabett!! :wave:

Glad to see another new name joining!!

Congratulations on a long marriage, that's wonderful. You'll be healthier and beautiful when your anniversary comes around. :cheers:

Best of Luck and Happy Shaking!!

Sue
:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ljm498 » January 28th, 2006, 5:31 pm

Lizabett, welcome! And glad to have you here! I think you will be right where you want to be come time for that 60th anniversary. Wow, congratulations, that's just fabulous!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Nicki » January 28th, 2006, 8:54 pm

Hi there ... I'm so glad I you're joining us. I look forward to reading your posts and hearing about your experience! Welcome!!
Nicki
started 9/19/05

Nicki
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby LoriO » January 28th, 2006, 9:15 pm

Lizabett, It is very nice to have you here! I think it is so romantic that you want your husband to see his bride again!! I was also married very young (15) my husband and I have been married for 21 years. We have a 17 year old son and a 14 year old daughter. I spent all of my twenties overweight and nearly 7 years of my thirties. I refuse to be overweight another year of my life! I look forward to reading your posts!!

Start Date 9/19/05
319/244.5/150
Lori
LoriO
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Welcome from new friends.

Postby Lizabett2 » January 29th, 2006, 9:03 am

Goodness Gracious. What a wonderful welcome you have given me in response to my first post. And your best wishes and congratulations on my upcoming 60th wedding anniversary are awesome. What a celebration to be at the same weight after 60 years! Unbelievable! Miraculous!

Your caring and encouragement will be there to keep me steady. Thank you Dogma,Sue, ljm498, Nicki, and LoriO and all the others. LoriO, congratulations also to you on your refusal to spend another year overweight. After 21 years, won't it be great to do it this year?

It's fun to work on it together and at the same time! Happy ‘shaking’ to us all.

Lizabett
Lizabett2

Postby betz » February 1st, 2006, 6:48 am

Welcome, Lizabette!

I think we'll be looking forward to your 60th anniversay (nearly) as much as you are. :) What a celebration that'll be--especially with you feeling lighter and healthier!

The biggest surprise to me with Medifast is how much energy I gained. I felt better from the first week. This says something about how poor my nutrition was, I think, but also I think it speaks to the quality of the protein in the MF products.

I'll be following your progress and keeping my fingers crossed for your success.

Best wishes!
betz
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Lizabette » February 1st, 2006, 3:01 pm

Betz

Where else could we find the support of others who want to share special celebrations with us and to be so happy for us?

If you check the Studio forum for "Shaking in more ways than one", you will see my wedding picture and I will be smiling especially at you! :D

Thank you so much! See you again soon on these boards.

Lizabett
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Come on in.